Legacy Classic (free) body?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is not a free look. But the hair and the nails is weekend offers a while ago. The shirt/sweater and the sandals are 25 L Tuesday items, also a while ago. The pants are freebies, bought with previous giftcards from Addams.

The nails, rings, sandals and sweater is Legacy fit and the pants is Isis fit, because the belt loops showed through. Not skimpy outfits like this is really easy. The complexity was green, but I don't remember the number.

classic_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

So back from some sleep I remembered something after bedding but chose rest over you guys.   Marianne's number more or less match mine with head.   I was thinking that the free legacy classic body might be "better" because more clothing fit it but if it is just a TMP fit then that likely isn't to helpful.

MEANWHILE the important thing I remembered and it is very odd but points both to the body being the cause of the crash as well as it "not" being the body  that caused the crash. How can that be?

The body that I saw in those brief two seconds (two seconds is really a pretty long time for your mind to get a picture -- I learned that making fast changing screenshot flip book things for  machinima)   was a VERY contoured body - no head, hands or feet. But it wasn't the same body that I tried on in the early morning hours; it was VERY dark skinned. And I remember thinking that was odd since most default skins even on demos are in the mid tone range.  And it was very saturated so a "bright brown". Pretty but odd for a default skin.     The skin on the body that I wore in the wee hours of my morning came from a newly rezzed folder from the same gift box and it was -- as you can see from my photo without the alpha layer on -- the same mid tone that I normally wear.   

I have NO idea how that could happen but I have seen so very many odd things go on with the database over the years I can believe almost anything.  Probably the most strange thing was over ten years ago when I had a very popular product on the Marketplace (this was before the viewer managed Marketplace)  Back then we had to pack things in boxes and then add to them  to a long box that connected to the database. That long box was rezzed in world and the items came from it.   

Anyway, ONE side of ONE building would lose its texture and look very much like there had been a local texture used so "flat gray".  Someone would write with a problem. I would dig the box out and see that yes, that side of that building was indeed "missing" its texture. I would fix it and send them a new buildings and then put that FIXED version in the Marketplace box.   It would be fine for awhile and then eventually the same exact thing would happen to the same prim and the same face of that prim.  Must have happened at least six times before I started over from scratch and made an all new building and then the issue was OK and has been for almost a decade.  Makes little sense. 

So it seems to me that it WAS a body issue but just as much a database issue somehow. The body that was worn about  twenty hours ago was not the same body that was worn five hours or so ago.   The mysteries go on and on.  

I still see newly made items lose their textures often these days, even after I have double checked to make sure that it is the REAL texture on the item and not a local texture.  That is something I look at all the time now and can truthfully say that sometimes it is NOT me.  

That black screen texture crash that is bugging some of us (happily I am not completely alone in this) has been going on for over six months for me.  It is a pain but we swim through the mud when we have to. 

Time for a break. When I finish moving over the gachas to the new unplanned shop , I think I may switch out my house on Lily Ave. You get to pick from a huge variety of homes where I live now, They come in a rezzer with all the lovely landscaping. So you don't have to MOVE to change your surroundings.  A change would be good I think. 

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1

One of my alts owns the free TMP Classic along with the full TMP wardrobe when that was made free, haven't used the body in a long time since getting it the free Lucy Body that works with Maitreya. When i last used the classic there was this very obvious break just below the left knee at ground level. It's not a body i'm mad keen on for women, for men it's probably one of the better free/very cheap bodies the complexity is very reasonable in comparison to an Alantori body my mAlt currently uses

maalt_001_edited.jpg.78f9faa08bb0c4ae5a51acf1b87ca20f.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Edit, that is the HUD. There are two. I don't know what the difference is.

hud.jpg

So I can only have a pair of hands? As I don't need the body as I never go naked or even half nude but a set of nice looking hands would be nice. 

8 hours ago, Zzevir said:

So I can only have a pair of hands? As I don't need the body as I never go naked or even half nude but a set of nice looking hands would be nice. 

I don't understand? Why do you think you have to go naked, when you use the body. As for the hands I'm sure they are built to fit with the body. I doubt that they look good, if you use them separately. But give it a try. :)

10 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I don't understand? Why do you think you have to go naked, when you use the body. As for the hands I'm sure they are built to fit with the body. I doubt that they look good, if you use them separately. But give it a try. :)

Naked swimming, pixel bumping or semi naked swimming like in trunks.  I hope that's explains when you get naked. Well this are the thing what I don't do. So I don't need to be naked. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I tried it for the first time yesterday.  Put on the body (no head as I had taken everything off, so just the body, hands and feet. No hud. I actually didn't even see a hud in the list, but whatever. About two seconds after the body came into view my screen went black and crashed. This on my own sim on there ground where it is EMPTY but for a few items.   So I gave up on that. I wasn't going to use it anyway, just testing things.  But that was kind of a shocker.   

I was searching for its HUD for an year.

Lolz.

Btw,its there though.

Named as Edit.1.1

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

Naked swimming, pixel bumping or semi naked swimming like in trunks.  I hope that's explains when you get naked. Well this are the thing what I don't do. So I don't need to be naked. 

I understand. Then of course it doesn't matter, what body you are using.

14 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

One of my alts owns the free TMP Classic along with the full TMP wardrobe when that was made free, haven't used the body in a long time since getting it the free Lucy Body that works with Maitreya. When i last used the classic there was this very obvious break just below the left knee at ground level. It's not a body i'm mad keen on for women, for men it's probably one of the better free/very cheap bodies the complexity is very reasonable in comparison to an Alantori body my mAlt currently uses

maalt_001_edited.jpg.78f9faa08bb0c4ae5a51acf1b87ca20f.jpg

Yes, I did not mention it because I forgot about it. It was much talk about the 5000 L Legacy who had a crack over the chest. I learnt about this leg crack in the freebie then. Since I never zoom in close on the back of the leg and up on an ordinary day, I forgot it.

Had it been over the chest on a body I paid 5000 L for... well, I would be livid. By the way, I hear they fixed the chest on the Legacy now.

15 hours ago, Zzevir said:

If I understand you correct, you mean using your whole system avatar with only the hands from this freebie.

Since it is a freebie, you can always try. The issue is that it is not meant to be used this way. It is no alpha layer provided. That in itself is not the main problem. A custom alpha layer is not so hard to obtain. Many on this forum has posted how-to make your own alpha layers.

No, the main issue is that it is no smooth connection between the hands and the system body. It will be very visible if worn with short sleeves.  But I believe they can be used with long sleeves, that cover up the seam.

The Slink hands have an option for using them with the system body. I believe it is a separate box in the demo that you have to unpack. This will give you a much better, almost invisibe seam.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, Zzevir said:

On 3/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, Marianne Little said:

If I understand you correct, you mean using your whole system avatar with only the hands from this freebie.

Since it is a freebie, you can always try. The issue is that it is not meant to be used this way. It is no alpha layer provided. That in itself is not the main problem. A custom alpha layer is not so hard to obtain. Many on this forum has posted how-to make your own alpha layers.

No, the main issue is that it is no smooth connection between the hands and the system body. It will be very visible if worn with short sleeves.  But I believe they can be used with long sleeves, that cover up the seam.

The Slink hands have an option for using them with the system body. I believe it is a separate box in the demo that you have to unpack. This will give you a much better, almost invisibe seam.

Well I went and got it and it went as you imagine there is just a full body in the  no feet or hands. Then I did some investigation and turn out the picture what Doc posted is for the female body not the male. Great. Time well wasted. 

12 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

Well I went and got it and it went as you imagine there is just a full body in the  no feet or hands. Then I did some investigation and turn out the picture what Doc posted is for the female body not the male. Great. Time well wasted. 

It does have hands and feet.  It did when I got it the other day for a new alt.  The pic Doc posted is female but the male came with hands too.

Edited by Rowan Amore

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It does have hands and feet.  It did when I got it the other day for a new alt.  The pic Doc posted is female but the male came with hands too.

Well I got just a full body. 

Depressing that I can't even buy like normal people do.🤣😂😥😢😭😭😓

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

But did the body have hands and feet too? It can have changed since I picked up it for a male alt.

It does.  It just all comes as one piece unlike the womens which has hands and feet as add ons.  

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Wow what a luxury for the guys. Maybe Meshbody does not think they can add several parts? ;)

@Zzevirmy apologies. I thought you were female, that the name was androgynous.

:) No problem and with the name that was that was my goal. And the whole look is a bit androgynous but with the feminin look but I wanted man hands. 

5 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

:) No problem and with the name that was that was my goal. And the whole look is a bit androgynous but with the feminin look but I wanted man hands. 

Always pops into my head when someone says man hands.

8y7lBE.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.