Punisher hud

AleHuntter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:

If someone is griefing you, and violating the Terms of Service while doing so, you could consider filing an Abuse Report. 

i did,but the thing still will rezz on the sim and push me away he being on sim or not,on that way i don't think reporting will truly help with my problem,i will still being be pushed away everytime i step inside the sim.

Edited by AleHuntter

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Will a movelock stop it from pushing you? The Firestorm viewer has a built in movelock, toggled with CTRL+P

yes i tried movelock of firestorm even the one i had on inventory no work,someone at helping group said ts following me,maybe if i wait it will return back to the owner

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AleHuntter said:

someone at helping group said ts following me,maybe if i wait it will return back to the owner

That's not likely. If it's a follower, it will probably be rezzed new each time you enter the region and will follow you wherever you go.  It will probably just poof when you leave the region, not going back to anyone.  Mr. Miyagi's advice:  "The best defense.... not be there."

On 2/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That's not likely. If it's a follower, it will probably be rezzed new each time you enter the region and will follow you wherever you go.  It will probably just poof when you leave the region, not going back to anyone.  Mr. Miyagi's advice:  "The best defense.... not be there."

Sadly many of those "combat" HUDs are horribly designed to not have timeouts or cleanups with the attacks.

The attacks will linger until autoreturn if one is present.

• Thanks 1

If you know the region owner or an admin, you can ask them to poke about and do a return of the offending objects. Some regions have a board for contacting these people.

If you want to be able to move while being sat down, you can use a non-physical vehicle. Many such "NPVs" are available, from free up to expensive. Ironically, a lot of push-toy HUDs have a NPV function as well.

Firestorm's movelock is... inadequate. A determined orbiter will break it quite horribly, or at the least have your agent bouncing around like a ping pong ball on elastic. It's okay at minor irritations, but don't expect it to work well if someone's slapping you about with a more determined attack. Just sit on a NPV, ground-sit, or as someone else here already said, just don't be there. ;)

On 2/24/2021 at 12:29 AM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Sadly many of those "combat" HUDs are horribly designed to not have timeouts or cleanups with the attacks.

The attacks will linger until autoreturn if one is present.

Hi, I am the creator of the Punisher HUD. If the original poster really was attacked with my HUD then the attack should have been deleted within an hour at most. Every offensive feature on the the HUD has an active set timer after rezzing to prevent excessive griefing.

And to be clear, the offensive features in this 'multi-tool' HUD are intended to be used on combat regions in Second Life.If the SL ToS is violated then you are in your right to report the abuser.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.