You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well I have crashed three times this morning (not a usual occurrence at all) and my friend online now has crashed twice so it looks like we may be back to FRIDAY again. I haven't tried to rez anything. Just doing a blog post was enough work.  So for folks wondering --- it is NOT YOU.   

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

the social implications. Once again, in the name of convenience and cost, we're turning over something we control as individuals to the faceless megacorporations.

Well worth being mindful of as things progress.  

17 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I've seen numbers between 47%-70% on the increase of internet traffic during the pandemic.  Doesn't this effect our individual experience as far as lag and rendering speed?  What effect on LL does this have?  I mean aside from their internal problems such as yesterday.  I'm curious?  

I think that this is one of the most problematic period of internet.. due to covid

so it is quite normal that sl have problems

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I have crashed three times this morning (not a usual occurrence at all) and my friend online now has crashed twice so it looks like we may be back to FRIDAY again. I haven't tried to rez anything. Just doing a blog post was enough work.  So for folks wondering --- it is NOT YOU.   

me too.. lately I crash three/four times a day and I live in a orange cloud in a grey world.. 😂

few minutes ago I was speaking with a friend and .. crash! I don't enter again for today, is enough 😎
so @Horus SalubriusI say hello from here

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crashing 3-4 times would make me really annoyed. I have not had this happen (yet). I can teleport from place to place. I hope I don't jinx me now. 😳 The main thing I noticed, is that clicking on things to edit them, has become more difficult. I click many times before I have the edit window open and can start editing. MP delivery has slowed down, but not so much that it gives me problems. It has been instant delivery before, so a delay of a minute or so is not terrible.

57 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I've seen numbers between 47%-70% on the increase of internet traffic during the pandemic.  Doesn't this effect our individual experience as far as lag and rendering speed?  What effect on LL does this have?  I mean aside from their internal problems such as yesterday.  I'm curious?  

I would think so, because I know weekends can be kind of rough for sure..

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

It seemed a lot worse early on, and not just with SL, everything. Although I can't say the working form home random VPN disconnects were always entirely unwelcome.

44 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I think that this is one of the most problematic period of internet.. due to covid

so it is quite normal that sl have problems

While I don't disagree, I checked with my RL guys that run a few big websites with complex databases and none of their clients were having issues (happily) so it isn't a wide spread problem. We have had some of those in the past. Honestly the only place I am having issues is here in SL.  So I believe it is a bit bigger problem than COVID.  Hopefully when some folks come back to work, it will be better. I am going to TRY and rez some items and we'll see how that works today. Meanwhile I am clothed and Safe At Home -- my blog post theme for yesterday that strangely got a LOT of hits -- LOL.

Anyway onward.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

I’ve been on SL close to 13 years and every Christmas has always been a lag-fest. Halloween too. Snow, scripts, Christmas trees, decorations.. ghosts etc bring a lot of problems for many residents. Yesterday, I was an orange cloud whilst shopping and clubbing. Around 9:30, I got booted and wasn’t able to log back in. Checked grid status and bla bla problems bla.. But I am a tortured soul who refuses to give up on SL... is this an abusive relationship? Probably. 🥺❤️ 

Yes, shopping with all that snow and the decorations was very difficult.  I just noticed that again yesterday and gave up.  While I know creator's want to decorate their sims, some may not want to plow through the lag even if a freebie or a discount.  :(

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Oh, yeah...this could definitely be a huge part of the problem.  

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I know I'm getting off topic (What else is new, Linnie?) but this comment from Fairre is both true, and very disturbing to me.  The "cloud" model of computing IS more efficient, although a full implementation requires a godawful lot of communication bandwidth.  I think we're addressing that pretty well.  What worries me is the social implications. Once again, in the name of convenience and cost, we're turning over something we control as individuals to the faceless megacorporations.

I'm going to continue using the internet, but the Resident Geek and I are keeping most of our computing power and data storage at home and under our control.  Well, under his control, thank you dear.

I don't think it's so off topic.  I believed the OP was discussing current issues which very well may include the cloud making them frustrated.  I've had my frustrating issues recently too but I've had frustrating issues in the past also which get fixed.  Bake fails I had forgotten about those until BOM re-emerged.  

But, I know...things could change but we don't need to overtake the thread about the future of cloud computing either.  It will change as it changes.  I'm kind of excited about it in a way.  May open up things on lesser devices too...maybe even phones.  Almost everything in life has it's pros and cons.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.