Marketplace is failing to update Relevance Sort

Pit Banx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since best selling only indexes the top 50k best selling items across the entire Marketplace, best selling sort will only look up data from that index. If your items do not fall into the top 50k they will all be ranked the same. This is why your best selling sort may not match your best selling reports. In short, your items will only have a sales rank if they fall into the top 50k. Best selling sort has always functioned this way and has not changed. 

14 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since best selling only indexes the top 50k best selling items across the entire Marketplace, best selling sort will only look up data from that index. If your items do not fall into the top 50k they will all be ranked the same. This is why your best selling sort may not match your best selling reports. In short, your items will only have a sales rank if they fall into the top 50k. Best selling sort has always functioned this way and has not changed. 

I wonder if that changed with the infrastructure upgrades. I know they were talking about moving beyond the top 50k.

The top selling products report is almost useless, it is lifetime. So if you've had a product that's been around for 10 years and sold 100 times it gets ranked higher in that report than your new successful product that has sold 75 times in a week. The only thing that report is good for is referencing date the product was released and calculating how many sales per day a product has had.

1 hour ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

I wonder if that changed with the infrastructure upgrades. I know they were talking about moving beyond the top 50k.

It doesn't seem like store sorting has been fixed yet. None of my stores are even close to being in order.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It doesn't seem like store sorting has been fixed yet. None of my stores are even close to being in order.

Yeah, the results for the keywords I'm targeting are still borked too. How disappointing. I've been working a second job to make up for lost revenue, hopefully Lindens think of me outside spreading mulch and doing landscape work because search is broken.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 12:38 AM, Rowan Amore said:

With that in mind, we are currently working on a change to allow best selling to now index each merchant’s store individually instead of just the top 50k items. This will allow shoppers to see any creator’s best selling items when viewing a store page. We hope this will be a better long-term solution than the previous relevance sort and clearly communicate to shoppers what are the most popular products in a creator’s store. 

I remember this. Thank you for copy this part again. But what I mean is the full Part from the Blog under the Part you copy here. And that the Team is "currently working on this change" now over 2 Month. But  "this change" would show each merchant's store individually and I was realy in Hope that they change this fast. My fault to think that the Team would change this soon in one of the "big changes" in MP for us.

27 minutes ago, Xiija said:

just curious, is anyone else seeing something like this?

I can't shop past the first page, and sometimes not even that ...

( found items, none listed or shown )

43dfa17e1139b379ad6ffbe195fe39ef.png

What are your search criteria, exactly? (You can copypaste the URL of that result page to share everything.)

As far as I can tell from the picture, you've searched for "swim" in all categories/ratings, with max price set to 0. There are over 10K results for that, so something's not the same.

Edit: Ah, full perm items. The second result page has a syntax error (missing comma in a list), that's why they're not showing up. Actually, the error exists on all result pages, but only breaks some. @Linden Lab needs to fix it.

50 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you add up the numbers in the categories, it's 36 which is the number of items shown in the pictures.  Without any modifiers, it shows over 10000.  With price $0-$0, even less until you add full perm which is the 36.

I went back to check and noticed that as well.

1. If you search for "swim" with all permissions enabled
    • You have "2062 matching items found" at the top and 2063 items total in categories.
  2. If you then restrict maximum price to 0
    • You still have "2062 matching items found" at the top, despite having significantly less results.
    • There are 36 total products in categories.
    • There are still 2063 products in the "price" breakdown.
    • There are still 22 pages listed, but only 36 (out of 96) products on the first page.

Whether or not it's related to the syntax error in console, can't say.

image.thumb.png.290b8f9c0b6f8e1a7ec3cdc394c0b301.png

• 3 weeks later...

Marketplace is still defaulting to Relevance when i search by Newest and go to page two.. Still shows that 10000+ at the top as well. Its been far too long for this bug to still not have been fixed.. Many merchants are losing out on sales because they aren't shown past page one. Doesn't matter the search, only the first 96 new items get seen. 

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Marketplace is still defaulting to Relevance when i search by Newest and go to page two.. Still shows that 10000+ at the top as well. Its been far too long for this bug to still not have been fixed.. Many merchants are losing out on sales because they aren't shown past page one. Doesn't matter the search, only the first 96 new items get seen. 

That's interesting.  I usually use Newest first so I had set that earlier when I was shopping.  I just reopened the MP and it's still set to newest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's interesting.  I usually use Newest first so I had set that earlier when I was shopping.  I just reopened the MP and it's still set to newest.  

I understand that, but if you go to page two does it stay on newest? When i do it goes to relevance. 

Page 1

3a0e97ac84dfeec36bd71325d7bb0f3a.png

Page 2

7ebaee6cabea0625da147e0be46747c3.png

All i did was hit next page

Just now, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I understand that, but if you go to page two does it stay on newest? When i do it goes to relevance. 

Page 1

3a0e97ac84dfeec36bd71325d7bb0f3a.png

Page 2

7ebaee6cabea0625da147e0be46747c3.png

All i did was hit next page

It does.  Just double checked using 'mesh' as the keyword.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Greetings, all!

If the Search Sort option are changing or reverting when you go to the next page of returns, this unfortunately, this wouldn't be an issue that Customer Support could resolve. 

The engineers/devs who work on the Marketplace would need to investigate to determine the cause and then work to resolve the issue. 

I would encourage anyone having the issue to file a Bug Report letting the Devs know that this is happening to you and include your web browser information. 

If you have tested to see if the same thing happens when you use the viewer browser while you are logged in world, I would include that information as well along with which viewer and version you are using. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Best Selling List is working now in my Shoplists/Marketplace (yeah, be happy that I stay alive to see this after the long Time) and the List under Relevance works near 30 % (on top is it okay but then comes Stuff that I forgot to have this in my Store and is time to delete it *lol ...)  ... well, we have now August and wait till end of March for this Fix. Maybe they can not change all like it was cause after 5 Month Mess will it be near a wonder if all would work so good like before they start to change all in a bad way.

• Like 1

I ask because it seems to be set to the Best Selling now when I open other people's stores on Marketplace now. But I only noticed that just now.

In my opinion it would just be best to leave it that way since Relevance seems to be a total mess still. Random or very old items on the top. I'm sure when such a messed up Relevance page is the first the costumer sees, it does not help anyone's sales.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.