Marketplace is failing to update Relevance Sort

Pit Banx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

For about a week I have unfortunately been observing that new products on MP, no matter how often they are sold, are stuck in the relevance sorting. I also put a "test" product to test and often had it bought. But it looks like products, no matter how often they are bought, are not ranked first in the listing. I also noticed that if you subsequently change the description of your product, it will not be adopted by MP. Now I am wondering whether this is the only problem I have, or whether other creators have also noticed this annoying problem. As long as this problem has not been resolved, I do not need to put new products on MP, because after a short time my customers can hardly find them anymore.

Relevance/best selling are not updating and have not updated since late October. The JIRA mentioned above is from 2017.  Several new JIRAs have been created regarding the issue, and while accepted, still not fixed. For reference, here are the JIRAs:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229573

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229599

Relevance is the default sort and is important to sales. Right now though, the relevance is frozen so anything new that has been launched in the past 3 weeks is unable to hit that sort regardless of how successful it is. All other ways of sorting (i.e. Newest to Oldest, by price, by alphabet, etc) are working as they should.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Relevance/best selling are not updating and have not updated since late October. The JIRA mentioned above is from 2017.  Several new JIRAs have been created regarding the issue, and while accepted, still not fixed. For reference, here are the JIRAs:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229573

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229599

Relevance is the default sort and is important to sales. Right now though, the relevance is frozen so anything new that has been launched in the past 3 weeks is unable to hit that sort regardless of how successful it is. All other ways of sorting (i.e. Newest to Oldest, by price, by alphabet, etc) are working as they should.

Late October was about the time of the major snafu with marketplace and no one being able to log in.  Could be a left over bug from that.  I, personally always use newest and not relevance.  Actually, that would be my last choice but I'm sure others use it making it "relevant".

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Late October was about the time of the major snafu with marketplace and no one being able to log in.  Could be a left over bug from that.  I, personally always use newest and not relevance.  Actually, that would be my last choice but I'm sure others use it making it "relevant".

Yes, you're right. Quite a few things got messed up (email formatting, relevance/best selling, etc). Emails were fixed. The only outstanding issue is the relevance/best selling sort.  Relevance is the default sort, so many shoppers don't do what you do (and what I generally do) - switch to the newest sort.  For a merchant, having relevance broken absolutely hurts sales.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Added a comma
  • Thanks 1

I have the same problem. Since the end of October, the "marketplace relevance sort" is not update.

The "best selling sort" is broken for a long time. 

I think this Relevance Sort list is a very important Sort when selling or buying. Please update the listing in a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

The Marketplace Relevance sort hasn't been updated for about a month. I consulted with the support team to resolve this issue. As a result, the support team told me to attend tomorrow's meeting and make a direct request. The "World User Group Conference" will be held by the Marketplace team from 2:00 PM on December 2nd. (SLT)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Denby/73/78/25

Let's request directly at tomorrow's meeting about Marketplace Relevance sort isn't updated. Let's them know at tomorrow's meeting hosted by the Marketplace team. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Web_User_Group

Hi Ami, I filed 2 JIRAs for this issue (got my hand slapped for the second one), and another resident filed one as well. They were accepted but no action. I thought it would have been addressed in today's Marketplace maintenance, but it was not.  Stores that had Halloween items are stuck on Halloween when the Holiday items should be rising to the top. This is incredibly frustrating and hitting merchants at a time when many should be doing a significant amount of holiday related sales.

The Marketplace Relevance and Best-selling sort has been updated!     I am very happy  :D

A big thank you to all the JIRA teams and Second Life Marketplace teams staff for this update. Also I appreciate those who requested the bug-fix to JIRA.  

Edited by amiWarner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:
This is still broken. It updated on that one day and has been frozen ever since.
I would file another JIRA, but I already had my hand slapped for filing 2 of them.

@Whirly Fizzle - is there any way to get some attention to this bug? It's a detriment to sales and needs a fix.

I poked a Linden with the link to your post here & the JIRA issues.
Hopefully that may help  :)

• Thanks 1

So, it's not updating...again. It seems that LL updates it one time when someone complains. This is a basic function of the marketplace and should update daily. I feel like a broken record - relevance is the default sort - many shoppers use it, by default. If it doesn't update, new or recently purchased items never have a chance to rise in rank. This affects merchant business.

This really needs a fix - it has been broken since before Halloween and it is almost Christmas now.

• Sad 4

I was so happy when I saw it work. But unfortunately it doesn't work again. Doesn't Linden understand that this function is very important for us creators? It doesn't make sense to put new things on MP if people can't even find them after a short time. It's sad that Linden doesn't care about such important things! It's about the economy of SL, Linden should also be interested in that.

• Sad 1

Hi Ami, I don't see it on that status. I see the editing/listing bug, but not the relevance bug. While they accepted the 3 JIRAs for this, I really don't think anyone is working on it at this point. Either they don't understand the importance or have just forgotten it. At this point, I'm not even sure there is a "Marketplace team" given the number of errors/bugs created in recent weeks.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.