Is Legacy mesh body demo free?

AdminGirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Can anyone tell me if the 1L is refunded back to you when you get the Legacy body demos?

It's only 1L but I refuse to pay for demos on principle.

I also expect demos to be free of any charge, but 1 LD is actually very close to zero :)

3 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Can anyone tell me if the 1L is refunded back to you when you get the Legacy body demos?

It's only 1L but I refuse to pay for demos on principle.

It's been a few months since I picked it up so I can't remember for sure, but yes I am almost certain that the L$1 is refunded.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:37 PM, Resi Pfeffer said:

I also expect demos to be free of any charge, but 1 LD is actually very close to zero :)

Yeh it is but I just don't like creators who do that. They must get thousands of people wanting to demo, it's as if they're trying to make money from it. What other good reason would they have? Customers are the ones taking the risk when buying, why charge them for it? 😑

On 10/7/2020 at 12:09 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

If the demo uses Caspervend try clicking or right click > touch/menu to get the menu up if there is a delivery option that will often give you the item with out having to pay. if i remember right from when i got the new free TMP Classic for a couple of alts the L$1 was never refunded 

Thanks I'll give that a try. And yep you're right, that TMP freebie didn't refund the 1L.

The demo is free on the Marketplace, so I don't know what this is about? Demos for all the bodies, males and females.

Are the demo really 1 L inworld? Maybe you tried to buy the Classic one.

The correct term for Classic is probably "dollarbie" and it is not refunded. But I am sloppy and use "Free" and "Gift" often when I talk about 1 L items.

The Classic was 0 L during a period as a "Stay at home" gift. It went back to 1 L after.

Edited by Marianne Little
removed a word
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:32 AM, Marianne Little said:

The demo is free on the Marketplace, so I don't know what this is about? Demos for all the bodies, males and females.

Are the demo really 1 L inworld? Maybe you tried to buy the Classic one.

The correct term for Classic is probably "dollarbie" and it is not refunded. But I am sloppy and use "Free" and "Gift" often when I talk about 1 L items.

The Classic was 0 L during a period as a "Stay at home" gift. It went back to 1 L after.

The demos for legacy and legacy perky are both 1L at the WIP event but not sure about their mainstore. Thanks for the mp tip, I'll just get it there then.

There were 2 versions of the Stay at Home gift. The one that came with the dev kit was 1L. Not too fussed about freebies or dollarbies tbh, just demos.

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Strange behavior, having demos free at some places and 1 L another place... But it's a store that does things their own way!! 😄

Isnt TMP the brand where nothing works anymore, once they shut down their servers? 🤦‍♀️

Mainstore, iirc, are 1L and are not refunded. Always kind of thought lowly of that considering how much the body costs in the first place(which is a ridiculous amount). Yes it's 1L which is pretty much nothing, but when a bunch of people are picking up demos sometimes multiple times? Greed.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:14 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

Isnt TMP the brand where nothing works anymore, once they shut down their servers? 🤦‍♀️

One and the same, yep. They go about getting offended and telling people not to call them that because they're "not them".. lol..

• Like 1

They can pull the exact same dirty move with legacy body cause it uses the exact same stupid server-side asset system. Nothing you buy for legacy, like skins and cosmetics, exists in your inventory, they're all just flags on their servers which are retrieved each and every time you open up their laggy, bulky and pointless hud (the hud itself takes literally 30sec to load every time I attach it cause it needs to make a call to their hamster-powered servers). If their servers ever go down or they just decide to shut down this brand and open up a new one, all your stuff will be gone, period. They're also the only body which doesn't support any kind of customization (e.g. UUID, omega or its own applier kits). Why introduce all of these inconveniences you may wonder? Cause they prefer their system be locked down tighter than a bull's ass, kind of like Apple's iOS but a more pathetic version of it cause we're talking about textures on some 3D model for a game, not an entire operating system for a smartphone. Good luck trying to make your own appliers or tweak anything like materials, won't happen.

Let those sink in before you decide to support anti-consumer practices like these. The only people I know who didn't have a problem buying this body were the type of people who can barely tell the difference between a script and a notecard, and probably don't know how to stretch a prim, i.e. people who are blissfully illiterate of how to tweak/building/customize anything in SL and just buy everything out of the box.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RitaCallisto said:

One and the same, yep. They go about getting offended and telling people not to call them that because they're "not them".. lol..

They have gone about notecarding people telling them not to call them TMP anymore. The only reason i do it is because the names they want you to call them now are too general and generic and also used in relation to the system avatar 

Whats the reason for Legacy obviously becoming well accepted and used despite their weird "setup"?
I dont have real proof for, but i can see a lot of brands creating for Legacy too those days. Some of them, like Pure Poison, even create Legacy items first, and later, with some delay, they offer Maitreya, etc versions.

9 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

Cause they prefer their system be locked down tighter than a bull's ass, kind of like Apple's iOS but a more pathetic version of it cause we're talking about textures on some 3D model for a game, not an entire operating system for a smartphone.

Alright, thats an example i can understand :)

8 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The only reason i do it is because the names they want you to call them now are too general and generic and also used in relation to the system avatar 

They also got me with that name, somehow.
I see "Legacy" popping up in every fashion store, and for a few weeks i thought, LindenLabs may have updated their starter avatars.

3 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

They can pull the exact same dirty move with legacy body cause it uses the exact same stupid server-side asset system. Nothing you buy for legacy, like skins and cosmetics, exists in your inventory, they're all just flags on their servers which are retrieved each and every time you open up their laggy, bulky and pointless hud (the hud itself takes literally 30sec to load every time I attach it). If their servers ever go down or they just decide to shut down this brand and open up a new one, all your stuff will be gone, period. They're also the only body which doesn't support any kind of customization (e.g. UUID, omega or its own applier kits) cause they prefer their system be locked down tighter than a bull's ass. Good luck trying to make your own appliers or tweak anything like materials, won't happen. Let those sink in before you decide to support anti-consumer practices like these.

The new TMP Meshbody Legacy and Classic bodies use BoM it's a one time activation once you've enabled media in the HUD to get this function off their severs. It's true the old TMP everything exists on their servers and you won't be able to access any customisations when they get shut down. I had a few occasions on an alt where i couldn't access any options in the TMP HUD to re-texture their in house clothes i did get it the Classic when it was L$1 but didn't like the obvious break in the mesh on one of the legs and have since moved it over to the free Maitreya compatible Lucy Body.

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The new TMP Meshbody Legacy and Classic bodies use BoM it's a one time activation once you've enabled media in the HUD to get this function off their severs. It's true the old TMP everything exists on their servers and you won't be able to access any customisations when they get shut down. I had a few occasions on an alt where i couldn't access any options in the TMP HUD to re-texture their in house clothes i did get it the Classic when it was L$1 but didn't like the obvious break in the mesh on one of the legs and have since moved it over to the free Maitreya compatible Lucy Body.

True, with BOM there's not much reason to store anything on their hud which I don't.  The only time I really need to attach it is if I need to change foot height or the alpha section.  It still has all of my old content from TMP but eh, not much interest in accessing that anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.