The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Legna has a modular wardrobe set available for the G,O,A,T 66 sale items 1-4 Li http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mitani/226/46/1002 i have my LoD set at 2 in FS and the LoD is pretty terrible on the display model, with LoD bumped up to 4 it's not bad, would be acceptable quality to use in a small room

May be an image of text

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Legna has a modular wardrobe set available for the G,O,A,T 66 sale items 1-4 Li http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mitani/226/46/1002 i have my LoD set at 2 in FS and the LoD is pretty terrible on the display model, with LoD bumped up to 4 it's not bad, would be acceptable quality to use in a small room

May be an image of text

Ditto for the china cupboard and porcelain set they have on offer. I wasn't impressed by the LODs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Not strictly what you're looking for but I have AF's blossom wreath which has excellent LODs, so this may be worth finding in the store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Magnolia-Leaf-Wreath/15848383

Yeah, I considered that one, but I wanted something a bit more Christmas-y. I did find this one, though, and checked it at the store, it's not bad at all:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wreath-Pepper-Pomegranate/16318736

image.png.13586210f73514245d8f219f94616d66.png

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

That THOR set has some of the worst LOD I have encountered. I do not care if I have LOD 2 or 4 set in preferences, most of the time I have it at 4 and live well with it.

But that table decor simply refuse to rez for me at LOD 4, and I guess it is because it is 160 000 triangles and 15 textures. Sooo.... I pass.

Oof 160k is heavy. For some reason it rezzed ok for me at LOD 2 but I should get into the habit of inspecting more. I must admit, I am quick to buy from Thor because I have experienced the best customer service from the creator and I just love supporting people like that.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

In search of...a pretty, realistic looking pine branch Christmas Wreath that DOESN"T dissolve into unrecognizable shapes just a short distance away. Should have some added baubles or lights but not overly gaudy, and not too country/shabby chic since I will be using on a Newbrooke. I've been to the Christmas Event and didn't find what I was looking for, but that's a huge confusing place (makes sure you don't just go around the exterior loop, there are smaller booths in the center featuring some well-known home decor stores).

I love this Pepper and Pomegranate! I have the whole set, also garlands. Second Life Marketplace - Wreath Pepper & Pomegranate

I am usually running LOD 4, so take all my recommendations with a pinch of salt.

Later, I can log in and look at in with LOD 2.

Wreath Pepper & Pomegranate

EDIT:

This is the straight garlands around the door and window. I took the picture at LOD 2. I think they hold up well!

fox_006.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

This may be a bit too decorated for you, but if you pick white poinsettias, they may be more modern. It is good that they have color change options. Second Life Marketplace - JIAN Poinsettia Garland Collection

JIAN Poinsettia Garland Collection

Edit: White Poinsettia.

Size of wreath is as big as it gets for Li 1.

Still LOD 2. Twinkle can be turned off too, in addition to the texture change on flowers.

fox_010.jpg

• Like 6

JIAN has a section with older products, when you walk through the hall and reach the outdoor trail, look to your left. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jian/239/237/24

This has a huge bow, maybe not what you want. But a big texture section to choose on bow and baubles, and I think silver is a bit modern. Store picture shows it is red and multiple colored baubles.

fox_008.png

• Like 3

HIVE, I like these. Not sure where they are in the store. Second Life Marketplace - hive // holiday garland set [wear to unpack]

As you can see, it is a no bow option.I took pictures on LOD 2. And with and without lights. I think this is what you are looking for!

NB: It is no true light in them, only full bright and glow. But I added light to the right one. It is simple.

fox_003.png

fox_004.png

typo and adding a few words
  • Like 3

I think these are super pretty, and despite the berries, they are a bit modern. It is no bows and baubles. A "Scandinavian home" look, I think.

Gift from HISA. It should be in a building next to the landing point. Second Life Maps | Hisa

I found it;

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hisa/134/82/23

Group is 1 L to join.

fox_005.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

These Happy Weekend items are still available for $60 each from Concept. The PG sofa is 6 LI, the round and square poufs are 3 LI each, the rectangular one is 4 LI and the floor pillows are 2 LI each. LODSs appear very good on everything except the lamps and table decor.

concept.jpg

I was so tempted to buy some of this. It would look good for a Log Home.

But I have so many things in the inventory that I forget, I am afraid I would forget these if I get a Log Home again - 😔

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

On the subject of wreaths @Marianne Little pretty much said all, but just to add that DaD has this set as a group gift, garlands and wreaths, simple and pretty, if you are in the group, when you enter the store, the wall on your right has all the group gifts

1642584500_DaD-ChristmasGreeneryGROUPGIFTDec2020.thumb.png.b856fe9b6a2ff5b1b074634924ed7384.png

Yay! I am in the group. I joined when it was free a period. I am afraid it is not free now. But that is a solid gift, worth paying for.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

On the subject of wreaths @Marianne Little pretty much said all, but just to add that DaD has this set as a group gift, garlands and wreaths, simple and pretty, if you are in the group, when you enter the store, the wall on your right has all the group gifts

1642584500_DaD-ChristmasGreeneryGROUPGIFTDec2020.thumb.png.b856fe9b6a2ff5b1b074634924ed7384.png

I need help, I have been wandering all over and can't find it. 😔

You mean the main entrance, where it is "Capsule" one way, and I turn my back to it and walk in "DaD"?

It is a reception desk there, and I walked to the right and looked all over. Then I went to the left. And in the celebration part with Christamas trees. I looked behind the reception desk. I walked outside and looked at the building's sides.

Area search gave no results for "gift" "group" "groupgift" or "VIP".

😪

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I need help, I have been wandering all over and can't find it. 😔

You mean the main entrance, where it is "Capsule" one way, and I turn my back to it and walk in "DaD"?

It is a reception desk there, and I walked to the right and looked all over. Then I went to the left. And in the celebration part with Christamas trees. I looked behind the reception desk. I walked outside and looked at the building's sides.

Area search gave no results for "gift" "group" "groupgift" or "VIP".

😪

So, yes, walk into Dad, when you get to the reception area, look to your left and back behind you.  There is an alcove that says group gifts.  It's there, look for the pic that says Christmas Greenery

• Like 3