Is there a way to make the butt smaller on Maitreya Lara

amiieey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:50 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Tonic makes butt-shaping deformers. With how they work they can automatically change both your body and your clothing without doing anything else. They were made for Tonic bodies but the "Butt in and uplift" one seems to work with Maitreya bodies fairly well.

Oh, I didn't see this part...in that it changes the clothing as well.  Hmmmmmmmm...I will have to give it a try...though I do think I tried something like that and it gives the body an odd look.  What many clothing makers didn't do is set the body fat and the body thickness to 0, so even with the buttocks at 0, the booty is still sticking way out.  If it makes the clothing smaller, I will check it out and hope the price is reasonable.  

With Blueberry or Addam's clothing though, they fit small booties and small breasts.  In short, Blueberry and Addam's made their clothing correctly.  Other's did not and used a bigger shape instead of making the clothing to start at a 0 like Blueberry and Addam's do.  

Edited by FairreLilette

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:43 AM, Janet Voxel said:

This is really a noob expectation of mesh thing. If your butt is at zero (!) and it’s still not small enough, you are wearing the wrong mesh. I don’t think butts get smaller than Maitreya as far as mesh bodies go, though I could be wrong. 

So you have three choices:

live with it (since it’s the most popular female body) probably a good choice since it gives you the most choices as far as clothing.

Get another body. I don’t know...tonic fine maybe? But again clothing options.

Use a deformer (or enhancer as they’re now called) I’m surprised no one mentioned this one yet. Go on MP and search “butt+deformer” your answer should be the fourth one down. A butt/body flattener. 

Unfortunately, I have tried the Maitreya butt deformers and found that, while it may work with a very skinny shape, using a chubby/pregnant shape can make the butt even worse since it usually affects the spine too. What starts out as a regular curvy butt turns into a shelf with a broken spine to boot!! 😆 

Maybe it's just me, but I wish that adding body fat didn't always result in making the butt bigger too. Realistically, this is how fat distribution usually works in RL, but I like having options. I've tried several demos of mesh bodies, and pretty much all of them seem to have the shelf butt problem or automatically increase the butt size with the body fat slider. The mesh bodies that aren't as bad have extremely minimal clothing support, so it feels like it's not very worth it in the end.

I use the Maitreya body for some male avatars too, and sometimes I just want a little body variety without having to go stick thin. I'd probably be better off just getting a body intended for male avis like Jake but I can't stand the abs built into the mesh. I'm honestly not sure what would be the best choice to solve this. I guess maybe we can just hope Maitreya makes a Little Booties addon like with Petite!

6 hours ago, siennasprout said:

Unfortunately, I have tried the Maitreya butt deformers and found that, while it may work with a very skinny shape, using a chubby/pregnant shape can make the butt even worse since it usually affects the spine too. What starts out as a regular curvy butt turns into a shelf with a broken spine to boot!! 😆 

Maybe it's just me, but I wish that adding body fat didn't always result in making the butt bigger too. Realistically, this is how fat distribution usually works in RL, but I like having options. I've tried several demos of mesh bodies, and pretty much all of them seem to have the shelf butt problem or automatically increase the butt size with the body fat slider. The mesh bodies that aren't as bad have extremely minimal clothing support, so it feels like it's not very worth it in the end.

I use the Maitreya body for some male avatars too, and sometimes I just want a little body variety without having to go stick thin. I'd probably be better off just getting a body intended for male avis like Jake but I can't stand the abs built into the mesh. I'm honestly not sure what would be the best choice to solve this. I guess maybe we can just hope Maitreya makes a Little Booties addon like with Petite!

Perhaps try leaving body fat at 0 and using body thickness instead to get the bulk. Thickness affects the hips but not so much the butt. 

I'm just tagging along to this topic as an older avatar but "mesh newbie" (I just bought my first mesh body within the last week).

I also tend to lean "boyish" for my shapes (small butt, small boobs, less hourglass/wasp). Is there any way to reduce/deform/adjust the sway-back spinal curve / forward pelvic tilt / "high heel butt" in female mesh bodies? Or any brand recommendations? 

Generally speaking, it's advisable to pick a head or body which's shape appeals to you the way it is, as it'll save you a bunch of work. Butt (teehee), when it comes to Maitreya vs. anything else, the overwhelming bias towards Maitreya in terms of clothing options does make it a more complex issue.

To answer the thread's title in simple terms, though: yes. 

You can use deformers to flatten the posterior, I got one for that on Neph. However, this can break certain clothes depending on how they've been rigged (I have clipping issues at the lower back with some pieces - which with BOM and alpha masks isn't an issue ... Except when they're sheer/transparent and skintight, and Neph has a lot of that). 

There are a few different brands that offer deformers of various strengths, I'd suggest trying them all out in-world to see how it looks with your shape. And, a minor thing but something that might matter to some; deformers do occupy an attachment point on your avatar. Neph has something like 6 different deformers (stomach, posterior, two for the shoulders - down and in, one for the thighs, and occasionally one for the bosom when wearing certain corsets) - that does add up pretty quickly. Therefor I'm biased towards deformers that are modifiable, so that I can rez and link them to produce a single attachment out of them.

• Thanks 1

When it comes to the physical volume of butt, overall avatar size plays a big part.

Shorter avatars are inevitably going to have to have a (proportionally) bigger butt. That's just the reality of how rigging works in SL.

Here are two images: [taller] [shorter] You should be able to tell that the taller avatar has a smaller butt, although both shapes are identical (butt size 0) besides the overall height of the avatar. I did not change any sliders related to the hip, only Height and Torso Length.

If you're getting actual shelf-butt, you're probably too short or your hips are too short. Here's another example: [short] vs [regular] hip length.

So really, the butt-size issue is relative.

Another thing that of course affects the appearance of butt size is any shading/highlights on the skin texture itself. My example has a deliberately simple/plain texture to not emphasize the butt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

I had this very question and vague recollection of something I remember once seeing maybe somewhere.

If you're looking to downsize your tushy on a Maitreya body, the following is highly recommended!

(Nothing to do with me, I don't make it but it does the job and it ain't expensive!)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Body-Flattener/17757628

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.