The Jimmy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All this k3rd person referencings of oneself on the forum in the past day is frankly a bit weird.

But- it reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld The Jimmy which culminates in Kramer being a guest of honor at an event for Mel Tormé.  

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only people that should talk in 3rd person are parents.. Because it's the only time it feels good and sounds right..hehehehe

It sounds perfectly normal when she's talking to the kids, but when she does it to her husband it crosses the line into "too weird".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It sounds perfectly normal when she's talking to the kids, but when she does it to her husband it crosses the line into "too weird".

yep, it only sounds normal coming from a parent..

Coming from a wife or an employee or really in any other way, it gets goofy..

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't think my parents ever spoke in third person to me as a child. They did use "baby talk" though, but not quite like I've heard it from other parents. Even when I moved back home after my divorce, if one of us did something incredibly stupid, we might be greeted with the soothing coo of something like "Oooh, do that again Sweetie, so I can feel ever so very superior".

My emergency backup kid recently sent me a video of his landlord's huge old golden retriever, backing up to him and sitting on his feet. Mac gently scritched the dogs head while cooing out insult after insult, all lovingly critiquing the dog's odd but adorable behavior. The dog loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

lol even as children my siblings and myself used to make fun of a strange aunt....she'd say things like, in this case to my brother "oh no, auntie sees Markie has to potty".  Always, around children, it was baby-talk in the 3rd person.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

lol even as children my siblings and myself used to make fun of a strange aunt....she'd say things like, in this case to my brother "oh no, auntie sees Markie has to potty".  Always, around children, it was baby-talk in the 3rd person.

I did it with my boys when they were little, like if they were not feeling well or if they got hurt, or when they would act spoiled..

They really hated when I did it when they acted spoiled..Because i would treat them younger than they were and they hated that.. I still will sometimes when they get to complaining about certain things..

Complaining don't get them very far at all with me or their father..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I did it with my boys when they were little, like if they were not feeling well or if they got hurt, or when they would act spoiled..

They really hated when I did it when they acted spoiled..Because i would treat them younger than they were and they hated that.. I still will sometimes when they get to complaining about certain things..

Complaining don't get them very far at all with me or their father..

I'm embarrassed to reveal that I will indeed sometimes say "Come to mommy" to my cats....

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.