Can't post anything in any group chat.

LynValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since a few days i can't post anything in any group chat (if i have the rights to post something there) and it seems like i'm not the only one. I talked with several people and they all have the same problem, even group owners can't post anything in their group chat.

• Like 3

I've noticed this over the last week or so, advertising my gacha stores, the chat doesn't show up in the chat box for me but others see it, the problem is people are posting 2 or 3 times cause they can't see their own chat but others can. I have noticed it only seems to be when a slurl is attached to the post, regular chat goes through ok.

• Like 1

While I completely agree with all the above posters, it is worth remembering that when the group membership allocations were increased, LL warned that there was most likely going to be a negative "knock-on" effect on group chat.  No idea WHY but as they say "it is what it is". 

My guess would be that the chatserver(s) have a limited capacity for IMs at any one time.

Needless to say there has been no "official word" nor any unofficial muttering as to what  (if anything) LL plan to do about this.

• Like 1

I am having the same issues too. I would estimate about 2/3rds of my group chats I do not receive IM messages and cannot message back. A few I can receive messages but cannot send them back... and one.. one lone one so far let me send a message back 😧 -- It started sometime in the past weekish for me. I had not had a problem with it and it seems to be account based. I made a test alt and was able to message in my main group with that but not my main AV. 

Edited by heavenlyfirework

• 1 month later...

All My Groups Chats have been down since Sept. 26th 2020 . If I try to post to my group chats it does nothing.. I can't see my group chats and if the group is chatting I cannot see anyone's chat. I have tried both the SL Viewer  and the Firestorm Viewer and the samething .... no chats at all.  The Problem is not on my end.  I filed a ticket on it and this was the reply after a Linden Logged into my account to check it. -  "Unfortunately after reviewing your account, and having you describe the issues to me, this does look like a known issue we are currently experiencing with groups. As I mentioned in my original message we do currently have a status blog up reflecting the current status of the issue. Unfortunately at this time I do not have a fix available, nor do I have an estimated time as to when one will be available. I have made our engineers aware that this is a concern and ongoing issue for our Resident's and I know they are working hard to figure out the cause of it." 

"Hello Edconnect Gufler,
I saw that your group chats were not working. It is not something to your account, but more so an issue with group chats in general that many Residents are experiencing."     ---- I Hope Linden Labs can fix this problem.

17 minutes ago, Edconnect Gufler said:

All My Groups Chats have been down since Sept. 26th 2020 . If I try to post to my group chats it does nothing.. I can't see my group chats and if the group is chatting I cannot see anyone's chat. I have tried both the SL Viewer  and the Firestorm Viewer and the samething .... no chats at all.  The Problem is not on my end.  I filed a ticket on it and this was the reply after a Linden Logged into my account to check it. -  "Unfortunately after reviewing your account, and having you describe the issues to me, this does look like a known issue we are currently experiencing with groups. As I mentioned in my original message we do currently have a status blog up reflecting the current status of the issue. Unfortunately at this time I do not have a fix available, nor do I have an estimated time as to when one will be available. I have made our engineers aware that this is a concern and ongoing issue for our Resident's and I know they are working hard to figure out the cause of it." 

"Hello Edconnect Gufler,
I saw that your group chats were not working. It is not something to your account, but more so an issue with group chats in general that many Residents are experiencing."     ---- I Hope Linden Labs can fix this problem.

Yep, it's been on the grid status report since Sept. 1st.

Edited by RowanMinx

It's scatter shot for me.

Some of my alts can see what I post to my own groups, some cannot. I can't see anything I post.

Some of my alts can read groups, some can read none, some can read some.

I seem to be able to read chat from one group - but not any others.

I've tried checking across multiple viewers.

I tried everything in the book. The I filed that Ticket  and a Linden used my account to Login   and he seen my Groups didn't work for chatting at all. I haven't been able to chat or receive chat in any of my Groups since Sept 26. I had to quit hosting events. Then on the SL status page is this... but it was a month ago --- Investigating - We are aware of failures with message delivery in group chat which are impacting some users. We believe that we have identified the cause, however the fix is going to take a bit of time to implement. Please forgive the inconvenience as we work to address this issue.     Ed sighs
Sep 1, 10:41 PDT

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully Group Chat is working now, there have been a couple of last-minute scheduled maintenance sessions this week. What I have seen is a big improvement, and the long-running Status warning has been closed. The Lindens are still monitoring, there's enough stuff going on that they can't be 100% certain about anything on the Grid.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.