Matching Head and Body Skins

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really frustrated. I see many head and body skins, and found two I really like , but don't know how remove the neck seam. I would happily buy one that has both the head and the body, but they all seem so "perfect", and I like texture. Pores, freckles, moles. Etc, etc... I have a Maitreya Lara Body, and a LeLutka Erin head.

What I find too is removing a demo skin can be a nightmare. What am I doing wrong there?

Have you tried The Skinnery? They have skins with freckles but I don't know about moles. Or maybe try BOM? With BOM you could buy a freckles/mole layer to go on your skin. Removing a demo skin, you need to reapply whatever skin you were wearing before you tried on the demo. I struggled with that too for a bit.

• Thanks 1

Make sure you are wearing the right version of your head. The maitreya body works with the version of the lelutka head without the (SL) tagged at the end. That should give you a seamless look. If you still have a seam play around with the neck size in your maitreya hud. But if it's purely a skin issue.  You really do want to buy a head skin from the same place as your body for a seamless look. If you are doing bom, keep in mind you will need to wear another bom body skin for the other one to go away. There is no taking off a bom body skin as that is one of the things that an avatar needs to have to be an avatar ( other things include: a shape , hair base, and system eyes) . Another thing to keep in mind, a lot of skin stores use another tattoo layer that you must wear on top of both face tattoo layer and body.

Post us a picture of your neck issue and perhaps your worn tab so that maybe we can have a better idea of what is going on.

• Like 2

Are you using BOM or appliers?

General rule of thumb: don't expect a match if you mix a head skin by Designer #1 and a body by Designer #2.
But that might even be a thing of the past, as LeLutka seems to have a new thing going on with a "universal neck blender"... this:

SEAMLESS NECK FILES MADE AVAILABLE!

Besides that, it has been suggested in a previous thread, that you should check the already available "imperfection" material layers on the head or work with extra tattoo layers to add to your desired look. Yeah, extra costs, but worth it.

9 minutes ago, CaraTriple said:

Have you tried The Skinnery?

Sadly, that brand seems to be notorious for neck lines lately.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Make sure you are wearing the right version of your head. The maitreya body works with the version of the lelutka head without the (SL) tagged at the end. That should give you a seamless look. If you still have a seam play around with the neck size in your maitreya hud. But if it's purely a skin issue.  You really do want to buy a head skin from the same place as your body for a seamless look. If you are doing bom, keep in mind you will need to wear another bom body skin for the other one to go away. There is no taking off a bom body skin as that is one of the things that an avatar needs to have to be an avatar ( other things include: a shape , hair base, and system eyes) . Another thing to keep in mind, a lot of skin stores use another tattoo layer that you must wear on top of both face tattoo layer and body.

Post us a picture of your neck issue and perhaps your worn tab so that maybe we can have a better idea of what is going on.

I'm going to try again a bit inworld, then I'll post a pic. I'm going to try a session body skin, as that's what's on my head.

Just now, Laurel Aurelia said:

@Bagnu That might be a materials issue. Try turning down materials on the skin layer of face. On the hud it should be at the bottom of one of the first tabs.  I should be home in a few hours so if you are still having the issue, I'd be more than happy to help you in world with it.

OMG!!! Thank you!!! I'll try first, but I would still love to meet you anyways!!!

18 minutes ago, MaxMare said:

With Evolution heads, there are 2 different fits in the package, the _SL is for Legacy body and the other one is for Maitreya.  Just wear the appropriate version and same skin tone and neck seam will be gone:)

Are all Erin heads evolution? I don't have either one of those options. I have static ears, and other.

Yes, LeLutka Erin is Evolution line, I use it as well...try a redelivery, there has to be 2 versions inside, btw they released some major updates recently, so you could benefit from getting a new copy anyhow....text is the same for both, but Legacy fit has _SL suffix, you need the other one

If you continue to have issues, I suggest to join LeLutka group, very helpful community!!

3 minutes ago, MaxMare said:

Yes, LeLutka Erin is Evolution line, I use it as well...try a redelivery, there has to be 2 versions inside, btw they released some major updates recently, so you could benefit from getting a new copy anyhow....text is the same for both, but Legacy fit has _SL suffix, you need the other one

If you continue to have issues, I suggest to join LeLutka group, very helpful community!!

Thank you so much!!! I guess I have to go to the inworld store though. I have a horrible sense of direction, and I find it hard in inworld stores!!!

If the above doesn't remove the neck seam, try this if you wear a BOM mesh body and BOM mesh head - I found this free item amazingly good at covering seams:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-ExtenderFix-Freebie/14958878

- use the Apricot Paws: Ladies SLUV Neck Fix v2 BoM in this pack.

Don't worry - it's not just for furries - it will take on your skin tone automatically.

Emma :) 

Edited by Emma Krokus

10 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

If the above doesn't remove the neck seam, try this if you wear a BOM mesh body and BOM mesh head - I found this free item amazingly good at covering seams:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-ExtenderFix-Freebie/14958878

- use the Apricot Paws: Ladies SLUV Neck Fix v2 BoM in this pack.

Don't worry - it's not just for furries - it will take on your skin tone automatically.

Emma :) 

Thank you so much!!! I just got it!!! If it works well it would be amazing!!!

31 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I was gonna make a comment about your eyes in the first pics needing updating to a more "real" look that you are going for, but glad to see you did that.  Liking the eyes in the pic above.

I'm very seriously into making my AV look as realistic as possible, and love the photog side. i really do appreciate comments that can help me improve  that. Thank you.

14 hours ago, CaraTriple said:

Have you tried The Skinnery? They have skins with freckles but I don't know about moles. Or maybe try BOM? With BOM you could buy a freckles/mole layer to go on your skin. Removing a demo skin, you need to reapply whatever skin you were wearing before you tried on the demo. I struggled with that too for a bit.

14 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Sadly, that brand seems to be notorious for neck lines lately.

My girl alt uses a Skinnery skin on Lelutka Erin and Maitreya, though admittedly it's an old one (Blair) and BOM-only. But it is definitely the sort of thing that @Bagnu is looking for, with a very high level of detail and realism. And no neck seam. I think that's an issue only with their new tones.

200504_002.thumb.jpg.f4e14a7be2f4d137701610b7339b06a3.jpg

There are other advantages of switching to BOM; the ability to use multiple tattoos to add extra details, for example the sorts of tings that Izzie Button does; freckles, moles, veins, stretch-marks and so forth. Indra here is wearing a clevage-enhancer. With BOM you wouldn't have to settle between just one or two of these extras, you could have lots, and make yourself truly individual. Once you do switch to BOM it makes everything so much easier going forward.

Your head is BOM already (thats the only way the Evolution heads are) and switching Maitreya is now as simple as just clicking a button on the HUD. The only other thing you have to remember is to take off your body alpha.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

I was just wondering why you are wearing two collars 😉 

Two separate owners. I don't need both.. And really, they don't own me. They are my best friends. It's a BDSM trust thing.

Edited by Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.