Matching Head and Body Skins

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Two separate owners. I don't need both.. And really, they don't own me. They are my best friends. It's a BDSM trust thing.

Have you considered hiding the collars or ar least one of them, back when I was wearing a collar I would sometimes not want it to show because it didn't go with my outfit, so I would move it inside my chest so it wasn't visible, but I was still wearing it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Just wondering: are you still wearing your old shape? Or did you modify the one that comes with the shape?

Same shape on my body.

17 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So... is that a yes?

On the second pic, I noticed that the nosetip is pretty flat, compared to the shape you can roughly regonize on your avatar.

I added the LeLutka head, and don't remember changing anything, but I could be wrong. I had to restart from my first one though, because something messed up, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

6 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Each time I edit a shape I save it as a new shape. Lets me go back to an earlier shape if I mess up.

The shapes i have no issues with .

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Are you using BOM or appliers?

General rule of thumb: don't expect a match if you mix a head skin by Designer #1 and a body by Designer #2.
But that might even be a thing of the past, as LeLutka seems to have a new thing going on with a "universal neck blender"... this:

SEAMLESS NECK FILES MADE AVAILABLE!

Besides that, it has been suggested in a previous thread, that you should check the already available "imperfection" material layers on the head or work with extra tattoo layers to add to your desired look. Yeah, extra costs, but worth it.

Sadly, that brand seems to be notorious for neck lines lately.

How do I tell who designs a specific head or body skin to feel comfortable that the skins will match?  Is there a list or chart of some kind?  I'm looking to update a couple avis, one female, the other male and have been overwhelmed by the number of selections out there.    

13 hours ago, Aislin Keynes said:

How do I tell who designs a specific head or body skin to feel comfortable that the skins will match?  Is there a list or chart of some kind?  I'm looking to update a couple avis, one female, the other male and have been overwhelmed by the number of selections out there.    

General rule of thumb is to use the same skintone from the same skin creator on both body and head. Example: Birth T1 on the head and Birth T1 on the body.

ALWAYS try a demo. No demo = no sale.

If a skin creator only makes skins for the head then you'll find a notice somewhere - either on the skin ads themselves or close to them in the store - letting you know which other store's body skins they match to.

With regard to the default skins in heads and bodies (the ones that come in their own HUDs, in case you don't want to buy a full head-to-toe third party skin), that entirely depends on the head/body brand, but of the main ones:

• Lelutka Origins heads (not the new Evolution range) - Glam Affair for female heads, and Stray Dog for male heads
  • Catwa Bento & non-Bento heads - The Skinnery and DeeTaleZ (the latter is Bento heads only) for female and unisex heads and Clef de Peau (Gen 1 - only available at Catwa store), Signature body (Bento heads only), and two Aesthetic tones (Bento heads with a Niramyth neck fit) for male heads.
  • Maitreya body - Glam Affair
  • Belleza bodies - Belleza's own head skins. They have no male head appliers in store, but the Jake body includes a Catwa head applier that matches the body's tones
  • Legacy - N/A. Legacy body default skintones don't match any existing store's skins, but they include neck blends that you can use to try and get a seamless neck with any other skin

An additional note, with regard to the image that you quoted:

50133074118_e9bf68371e_b.jpg&key=8de5500035bdea77a299bfdb13c6940c275d27c51639899aff9320a8cae73399

That is not a 'neck blend', as was posited earlier in the thread. It's a collaborative project between the designers listed (and more, if others join in) to standardise the actual mesh (vertices etc) used on the necks of their heads and bodies to eliminate neck seams. The idea is that - if you see a head or body being advertised as 'universal neck' or 'seamless neck' (it's unclear at the moment as to which name will be settled upon) - then you'll know it will match seamlessly* with any other head/body of the same.

*Caveat: Female heads/bodies should match 100%. Unfortunately, male heads/bodies are a little more tricky, so 98-99% will be the match for the guys. (Don't ask me why; I'm not a rigger, but from discussions I've had, apparently that's the case.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.