how to set my linden house to adult?

Tiny Xorbun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

55 minutes ago, Tiny Xorbun said:

i wanna know  how to set my new  house to mature

This is just a LITTLE confusing, because the current "Moderate" rating used to be called "Mature".  I think you may mean "Adult".

Your current parcel is in the older Linden Home regions.  Note that in the newer (Bellisseria) Linden Home regions, you can have a skybox (above 2000 meters).  This would be an appropriate place for more risque items and conduct.   You can also have twice the number of prims as you do in the older regions. 

If you have privacy on (where avatars outside the parcel cannot see avatars inside the parcel, and vice versa), and if your furniture does not look like it's simply sexual, then a skybox with adult furniture would not bother anyone.  Technically speaking, it may be against covenant, but it would be completely inoffensive, so who would be bothered?

Frankly, I think that a lot of folks may have sofas and chairs with Adult anims in their Linden Homes.  I've always thought that was fine if it is set to group and privacy is on.  One can go the extra yard and use the LL security system, to ensure that no one can lurk on your parcel and watch the goings-on. I know I goofed a couple of times and didn't notice that some furniture had adult anims, and since we never used it no one was bothered.

I recently abandoned a linden home that I liked simply because the next-door neighbor has a sky 'dungeon' (his word), where he & his dolls spend many hours a day.   Eventually it gave me the creeps and I left ... whatever you do, do it discreetly.

• Like 4

Unless you are selling stuff or hosting adult events, you really don't need Adult land, provided you keep all your sexy activities away from curious eyes and behind closed doors.  There are ways to set up your Linden Land, or any other Moderate parcel, to comply with Linden guidelines for Moderate land.  The downside is that if you want to have a more open house, a friendly place where anyone can walk in, AND also have sex stuff, you'll need Adult land for that. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

provided you keep all your sexy activities away from curious eyes and behind closed doors.

That can be a critical point for some. If you DESIRE to be public about your kinkiness, you need to move on over to 'A' land. You can type 'zindra' into the map and it points you to a water region just west of the two adult continents. To the east and extending out south you have the continent of zindra - a lot of land for sale here at anywhere from cheap to insane prices...

To the east and north is a series of weird looking shapes on the map that surround some water in the middle of which is a 'gaming' region made by the lindens. The weird spots are a precursor to Linden homes - but they give double prims and sell for usually silly high prices. And the house rezzer is optional - so a lot of people ignore the theme.

If you don't want to keep your 'sexy time' private, move to one of those two places. Likewise if you want to rez a huge pile of XXX art all over your land in places likely visible from the outside...

Otherwise, the linden homes cover most people just fine.

9 hours ago, Tiny Xorbun said:

ok so there  is no adut sims to be found that is based in  any of the lands i can get for free  ?

Not if you want to have a Linden Home (although M rated land should cover what the average person does and has in their homes). 

Your premium subscription would also cover 1024m of land on mainland (= no additional monthly cost), instead of owning a Linden Home. Mainland does have A rated regions, but abandoned land there is rare and prices for the initial purchase are usually higher than on other parts of mainland.

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I recently abandoned a linden home that I liked simply because the next-door neighbor has a sky 'dungeon' (his word), where he & his dolls spend many hours a day.   Eventually it gave me the creeps and I left ... whatever you do, do it discreetly.

Harmless, compared to my neighbor two houseboat down from me. 😳

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

In the sky though - only time I ever check to see what random creepos are doing in the sky is when I want to set up a random creepo build of my own. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

In the sky though - only time I ever check to see what random creepos are doing in the sky is when I want to set up a random creepo build of my own. 😉

Well, if possible I take a very lightweight alt inworld a few times a day, short visits, just to check out what the moles are up to.  I really like to watch the progress on Belli and new themes, as my many many SSP posts can attest to, and that necessitates taking a good close look at the world map,  first thing each visit.  Voila, there they were, just about every time.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

To the east and north is a series of weird looking shapes on the map that surround some water in the middle of which is a 'gaming' region made by the lindens. The weird spots are a precursor to Linden homes - but they give double prims and sell for usually silly high prices. And the house rezzer is optional - so a lot of people ignore the theme.

Yes, that's Horizons.

horizonssims.thumb.jpg.a9250fb66d6febb4de077c39cc6a2c94.jpg

Horizons - Where the future is now!

Horizons is interesting. It's supposed to have a 1960s futuristic theme. All the parcels are 32x32 meters, and come with a house rezzer which, unlike Bellessaria, you don't have to use. Like Bellessaria, parcels have Linden-owned buffer space around them. Horizons is all adult sims, but there are few sex-oriented places. There are few people around. Land is very expensive; I saw a parcel at L$82/m^2. Rentals are available. Much of the land is owned by big landlords, who put shell buildings on vacant parcels to make the place look more developed. Ban lines are common and most parcels seem to have camming and audio locked down. So Horizons looks even emptier than it is.

• Like 1

It was a shame that Horizons went the way it did.  It was a really cool concept and done nicely.  The down side was that the big landlords were able to get in there, overbidding everyone and hogging the land and inflating the land rates/prices.  I really wish there had been a way to bar the landlords from getting land in that area or at least restrict the amount of land that they could have picked up over there.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:51 PM, Tiny Xorbun said:

ok so there  is no adult sims to be found that is based in  any of the lands i can get for free  ?

Yes,

because a couple of years ago, Linden Lab decided to remove all public adult stuff from the mainland and created a separate continent for that, which is A rated in it's entirety. It is called Zindra and is located about North of the Corsica continent. Hence if you need something A rated, use your land allowance there instead of taking a Bellisaria home. Finding a place at a reasonable purchase price might prove to be difficult though, because the continent is basically sold out (a lot of it is owned by a land company called Lifetime Properties).

Another option is renting a Zindra parcel. That's what I did until I came across a cool opportunity to get my own parcel at a reasonable price at a land auction ( 10.000 L$ for a 4096 on Zindra, Novazeit region). Rental prices are reasonable and Lifetime Properties customer service is just great (Thank you Zan).

However, private adult activities behind closed doors are just  fine in M rated regions as well. If it wasn't I would not have a place there myself. 🙂

Edited by Caroline Takeda
Zindra

3 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

It is called Zinga and is located about North of the Corsica continent.

I think you are thinking of Sharpe from the old teen grid which is PG/General. Zindra or "Ursula" as it was initially known as due to the region names is located way to the south and east of the map not near any other mainland or Linden home continents 

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I think you are thinking of Sharpe from the old teen grid which is PG/General. Zindra or "Ursula" as it was initially known as due to the region names is located way to the south and east of the map not near any other mainland or Linden home continents 

OMG, I confused it with Gaeta actually.
I will check then map again when inworld next.

Edited by Caroline Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.