invalid land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to teleport into my rented land this morning June 2 2020 and I could not. This is Lotus Island and I have 4 parcels that I have rented out for the next month. I looked on the map and it says invalid land and that the sim is offline. What happens if the sim is gone will I lose my lindens?

invalid land.jpg

@cshirttesgdgs6 In my experience Rolling Restarts take as long as they take, and given the critical importance of what is being changed I can hardly fault LL for being a tad cautious today!

I assume you HAVE looked at both the Grid Status Page and the top entry in this Blog?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

With the way the world is today am I the only one who thinks about how fast people are losing everything? Please stop the ridicule. I read and I look up things and I have restarted my own sims in the past. People are not making the money worldwide that they had 6 months ago, so I have a right to pay attention and be alarmed! What the world including Second Life needs now is less bullying.

34 minutes ago, cshirttesgdgs6 said:

With the way the world is today am I the only one who thinks about how fast people are losing everything? Please stop the ridicule. I read and I look up things and I have restarted my own sims in the past. People are not making the money worldwide that they had 6 months ago, so I have a right to pay attention and be alarmed! What the world including Second Life needs now is less bullying.

as region owner you should have read all about it, and how to contact support when something is wrong.
People here give their honest opinion by many years of experience together,  don't panic about a offline region, it can be 2 minutes, 5 ..60 or more when it's needed or the server hangs.

I don't see the relation with people loosing money worldwide... because of your region restart?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I don't see the relation with people loosing money worldwide... because of your region restart?

No because of being under quarantine.

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as region owner you should have read all about it, and how to contact support when something is wrong.

Support is wonderful but for faster help I thought I'd go to the COMMUNITY (of bullies)

1 minute ago, cshirttesgdgs6 said:

No because of being under quarantine.

Support is wonderful but for faster help I thought I'd go to the COMMUNITY (of bullies)

what hat the lock down to do with your region restart?... still wondering.
I'd recommend not to insult the community for bullies, you might need them/us later again .. as i said people here give their experience, some with velvet gloves, others with a bare hand.. it's how you take it.

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I'd recommend not to insult the community for bullies, you might need them/us later again .. as i said people here give their experience, some with velvet gloves, others with a bare hand.. it's how you take it.

Alwin, I would rather think now I will never need you. I'm sure the Lindens would be happy if people gave advice without putting the person down for their feelings. All the people who have paid rent are vulnerable to the owners actions. No matter how we take it.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, cshirttesgdgs6 said:

Please stop the ridicule.....! What the world including Second Life needs now is less bullying.

Who was ridiculing anyone?  What I said was simply what ANY rational person would.  And for your information, I am one of those whom my government considers "at risk" during the Covid 19 pandemic.

Time and again I hear "We're all in this together".   Time and again my cynicism is reinforced by thoughtless remarks from folk who really ought to know better.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

I fondly remember the time when the whole grid would be offline for several hours due to server updates........

the good old maintenance days ... always locked on the busiest EU times ... with some luck not able to get in before friday :)

FTaF0W9.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.