Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Echelon Alcott said:

I absolutely remember Grendel's Children! I managed to put an old Grendel outfit called Rage (it was part of a series of the 7 deadly sins, Rage representing wrath) on my mesh body, and it looks better than I expected. I have other Grendel outfits, but they are more risqué and I don't want to get in trouble with the forum police. :D

211101Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.b49c893872e8eb1b3686928be1406fd1.jpg

I miss those days. A friend wore a rideable horse avatar and we explored the caves, talked to the cave people and wandered around.
In the shop you could buy a basket with dragon eggs. Wandering around on the 4 sims the basket gave you hints where to go. On the right places the eggs would hatch and you received a dragon pet

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

The Korea sims used to always be so populated. I still pop back from time to time, and still feel the same butterflies in the pit of my stomach as I always used to have in those early days. I wonder where everybody went to, there used to be bunches of wildly-dressed people talking in open chat. And bots. Lots of bots that had auto-relogged but landed in Korea because their usual sim wasn't available. 

Those initial avatars were rather grim though. I had purple hair with eyebrows to match, made my own clothes using the leopard print texture in the inventory library folders. I thought I looked the bees knees. Obviously I did not. 

I just went to Korea. I was the only avatar.
And yes, I felt those butterflies too :)

korea sim.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:23 AM, Ina Fairport said:

Anyone remembers Grendell's children ?

4 beautyfull rp sims and a shop in the air with fantasy avatars. The shop is still there but only 1 sim left now.

desert.jpg

Yes! I did the Dragonlet hunt too...

grendels8.thumb.jpg.80e44c4dce52a79a4846bea2220191a1.jpg

• Like 6

I got access to my first account again, what huge difference, I absolutely had no fashion sense or any clue about human anatomy, still probably don't. 😅

I think I also was struggling with the build tools, seeing how I had tilted the hair to the side. 😂

https://gyazo.com/b9c37d6ae585196b905f85d0b4c02a74

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by PixelBerry
Better pic.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PixelBerry said:

I got access to my first account again, what huge difference, I absolutely had no fashion sense or any clue about human anatomy, still probably don't. 😅

I think I also was struggling with the build tools, seeing how I had tilted the hair to the side. 😂

https://gyazo.com/b9c37d6ae585196b905f85d0b4c02a74

Hair! What a bear it can be to get it positioned just right. It must be really interesting to be in your first account again, look through the inventory and snapshots, and thanks for sharing pictures here. I think you always look great. As for fashion sense, we'll always be laughing at ourselves five years later - the trick is, I guess, to become happy stuck in our own individual time warp like I have done (in real life too! - stretch jeans rule even though I am now in my late-50s). 

I just can't stress enough to everyone who is contributing to this thread though how much seeing everyone's old photos means to me. We all lived through these special eras in Second Life, flexi prims, shoes flying off during teleportation and hair up our bottoms on reaching our destinations, hideous foot crushers, and bling, oh how I loved the bling. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
let's do the time warp again ... it's just a jump to the left ...
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Hair! What a bear it can be to get it positioned just right. It must be really interesting to be in your first account again, look through the inventory and snapshots, and thanks for sharing pictures here. I think you always look great. As for fashion sense, we'll always be laughing at ourselves five years later - the trick is, I guess, to get stuck in a time warp like I have done (in real life too! - stretch jeans rule even though I am now in my late-50s). 

I just can't stress enough to everyone who is contributing to this thread though how much seeing everyone's old photos means to me. We all lived through these special eras in Second Life, flexi prims, shoes flying off during teleportation and hair up our bottoms on reaching our destinations, hideous foot crushers, and bling, oh how I loved the bling. 

I'm glad! I had been trying to access my first account now and then for years since I had lost my password and the email was long gone, but my last try succeeded. So I'm very happy for it, nostalgia means a whole lot for me as well as you might have forgotten who you used to be, and being able to see how you did things and how you wrote things before gives me a lot of joy. :D

• Like 2

this dress was amazing back in the day  honestly is still is 

court gown.png

This second picture while not as old is probably one of the best pictures i ever took in SL  (if you look closely you can see my avi climbing into the Cockpit of that intruder.  

Sunset.png

Edited by Atosuria Daviau
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

this dress was amazing back in the day  honestly is still is 

court gown.png

This second picture while not as old is probably one of the best pictures i ever took in SL  (if you look closely you can see my avi climbing into the Cockpit of that intruder.  

Sunset.png

The dress does look amazing, and I know it will have such majestic movement and more of a 3D texture when you're actually in world. As for the second photo, yes, well-composed, more than just a photo, another superb memory, and a whole story behind each and every picture.

• Like 3

This was me in 2007 on my main avi. I was only a couple of weeks inworld & was in The Billabong Bar, an Australian sim. I was with one of the most creative people I’ve ever met & he helped me so much. I don’t think I would have stayed without him. Now he’s a world famous photographer & has moved on. I’ll never forget those people who helped & welcomed me.

496107132_a22be73649_b.jpg

• Like 5

this is my fav SL picture

gbabeh.png.e3289dde1eae1ff7889468a8c6d1bebf.png

is of Elizabeth my SL baby

my baby's daddy is Boy. Like in Boy NextDoor

it came as a bit of a revelation to me to discover I was SL pregnant. Given that at the time of supposed conception, I had all my clothes on and Boy having taken off his pants discovered he never had any diddle. Not that this discouraged him, as he thoroughly enjoyed himself learning how to click all the buttons

best thing that ever happened to him ever in SL so far, he said. Which I accepted quite modestly as I don't like to be show off, even when is true 😺

needless to say Boy went off afterwards to get himself a diddle which he found in a freebie box, and came back later on for another go

but by then I was pregnant and I had to tell Boy that aorry I can't. As a venerable respected doctor from the Fake Doctors Association of Second Life had advised me to refrain from getting actually diddled until the fake doctor had determined if it might be an immaculate conception or something, given the circumstances

which Boy being a nice person took in good heart and the last I saw of Boy was him nekkid as, proudly standing out in the crowd. Looking for someone to teach button clicking too

you can see from the pic that Boy is Elizabeth's daddy from the prim hair shadows on her forehead, and that I am her mummy from her two little front teeth, which kinda look painted on, as her mummy had painted on teeth as well at that time

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this is my fav SL picture

gbabeh.png.e3289dde1eae1ff7889468a8c6d1bebf.png

is of Elizabeth my SL baby

my baby's daddy is Boy. Like in Boy NextDoor

it came as a bit of a revelation to me to discover I was SL pregnant. Given that at the time of supposed conception, I had all my clothes on and Boy having taken off his pants discovered he never had any diddle. Not that this discouraged him, as he thoroughly enjoyed himself learning how to click all the buttons

best thing that ever happened to him ever in SL so far, he said. Which I accepted quite modestly as I don't like to be show off, even when is true 😺

needless to say Boy went off afterwards to get himself a diddle which he found in a freebie box, and came back later on for another go

but by then I was pregnant and I had to tell Boy that aorry I can't. As a venerable respected doctor from the Fake Doctors Association of Second Life had advised me to refrain from getting actually diddled until the fake doctor had determined if it might be an immaculate conception or something, given the circumstances

which Boy being a nice person took in good heart and the last I saw of Boy was him nekkid as, proudly standing out in the crowd. Looking for someone to teach button clicking too

you can see from the pic that Boy is Elizabeth's daddy from the prim hair shadows on her forehead, and that I am her mummy from her two little front teeth, which kinda look painted on, as her mummy had painted on teeth as well at that time

I didn't know whether to blush or to laugh, but as there is no blush reaction, I've chosen the laugh one. 

"Diddle" ... I love it. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.