Face expressions

Lissia6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Lissia6 said:

thank you . So there is no way to have expressions ?

You can reach out to the creator asking if they have plans to update the head to BoM/Bento and if not if they might offer you a discount on a new different head. It depends how they see things, not the buyer. if they do it, it's an act of good faith on customer service, if not, just walk away by voting with your purse instead.

be sure to follow the right way to reach out to them likely in creators profile.

My own experience was very similar & somewhat aggravating losing $7500L, store ***  they do not have a marketplace store only an inworld one, I bought the head with what i thought was a correct understanding on my part I would get updates on Bento.. That was true the head was updated to Bento & Now has a relay for BoM.. but seller said i paid for Version 1 not Version 3, that updates are not free!

I have heads & bodies from other sellers who are more then happy to give updates so one less brand to clutter my inventory.

Short of the story: I have it sitting on my coffee table. it's useless to me. it reminds me when i rezz in that sometime in 2ndlife there are things you can lose your head over.

Edited by Shansi Kenin
Added to Comment
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lissia6 said:

Hi,

I have a Genesis Head Olivia 2.0 which seems to be a non bento head. I wonder how to have face expressions ? There aren't in the head HUD.

Thank you!

Only Bento heads can have expressions, that's what Bento does. Expressions, plus response to the shape slides to edit face shape.

There's one exception to this; Catwa made some early non-bento heads that had expressions done by static frame animation instead of bento. Catwa was the only head-maker who did this.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

There's one exception to this; Catwa made some early non-bento heads that had expressions done by static frame animation instead of bento. Catwa was the only head-maker who did this.

That's not true, there's tons of non-bento mesh heads with expressions, especially for furry/anime avatars. They existed even before Catwa entered the market.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

That's not true, there's tons of non-bento mesh heads with expressions, especially for furry/anime avatars. They existed even before Catwa entered the market.

It would be useful to have a list of the ones that are still available for purchase (the human ones) in case other people make enquiries about them.  Can you provide more info (names of current makers, MP links etc)?

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:50 PM, Shansi Kenin said:

...Short of the story: I have [my head] sitting on my coffee table. it's useless to me. it reminds me when i rezz in that sometime in 2ndlife there are things you can lose your head over.

Remind me not to drop over to YOUR house for a visit.  Eek!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.