Ladies Clothing Designers....

Stacy Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All,  I have been apart of Second Life since 2003 technically when it all began, My 2nd Avie and current one is Stacy Maracas.  I have been involved with many many things in SL, including the Fashion World, just not as of late.  I took a break from SL for about a year, off and on.  I came back with the whole new "mesh" fun and I am very perplexed.

It seems to me with this new mesh there seems to be no "quality" clothing any longer.  Its like all show me your ass club wear!  I have gone from place to place to place TRYING to find quality designs, high fashion, and even casual, but im struggling to find quality!  Something that someone REALLY took their time with.  Nymphetamine Clothing was one that I represented (Paeoti Pomeray), she always blew me away with the intricate details she took in creating her clothing.  WHERE IS THAT?

I beg you to challenge me to find your store, Im happy to go and look and I assure you, if I like it I am going to buy plenty, and let others that are feeling the same as I am know exactly where you are!  Send me a Landmark, send me a notecard with photos, ANYTHING, I might even revive my blog!  Right now, it simply isn't worth it, and trust me I WANT it to be worth it!!

So who would like to prove me wrong?  (PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!)

Edited by Stacy Maracas
misspelled wording
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't want to prove anyone wrong or right..  but I need to say that since there is a LOT of revealing type club wear out there it is because there is a demand for it.  (there was a big discussion in here on another thread about the same thing).  Having said that, I think a lot of things have shifted in SL over the past years,  I have been here making clothing for almost 15 years.. I try to do a little bit of everything because honestly I do not want to cater to one type.  I have a small store,  I do take a lot of time working with mostly the textures, often times making my own textures or altering something to work with what I have in mind.  I have everything from club wear to office wear, beach, formal, pant outfits etc..  But I am just a very small player in this huge fashion business in SL..  I am not going to name my store here as that might be construed as advertising.  But there are some good high quality non revealing styles out there but I guess one has to look for them in places other than the BIG known stores.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I don't want to prove anyone wrong or right..  but I need to say that since there is a LOT of revealing type club wear out there it is because there is a demand for it.  (there was a big discussion in here on another thread about the same thing).  Having said that, I think a lot of things have shifted in SL over the past years,  I have been here making clothing for almost 15 years.. I try to do a little bit of everything because honestly I do not want to cater to one type.  I have a small store,  I do take a lot of time working with mostly the textures, often times making my own textures or altering something to work with what I have in mind.  I have everything from club wear to office wear, beach, formal, pant outfits etc..  But I am just a very small player in this huge fashion business in SL..  I am not going to name my store here as that might be construed as advertising.  But there are some good high quality non revealing styles out there but I guess one has to look for them in places other than the BIG known stores.

by all means SEnd me your Landmark!!  I already know who you are, as I said Ive been around a very long time, and i KNOW the fashion world VERY WELL in SL...I want to come see your store, and what is new, and I get what your saying, completely.  There has ALWAYS been a large demand in SL for "club wear"  I also notice the constant Fashion fairs which force our designers to constantly be putting our exclusive only items to get there stuff out there and gives them less time to design.

Im asking you to send me your LM in SL.  I WANT advertising, im on a quest here...I WILL find what im looking for! 

27 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

Yeah, there's simply not enough women's clothing options in SL!

send me a friends req in game, Ill be happy to let you know the ones I HAVE found to date, as there are a few already, and am happy to share.  As I said even bloggers anymore its all about the clicks, I could care less about the clicks, never could, the ones that read my stuff actually look for quality, and uniqueness, and have plenty of money to spend on it! I also only actually LOOK at a few OLD SCHOOL bloggers that actualy know what they are talking about, those are the ones I actually will seek out.

Edited by Stacy Maracas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stacy Maracas said:

send me a friends req in game, Ill be happy to let you know the ones I HAVE found to date, as there are a few already, and am happy to share.  As I said even bloggers anymore its all about the clicks, I could care less about the clicks, never could, the ones that read my stuff actually look for quality, and uniqueness, and have plenty of money to spend on it! I also only actually LOOK at a few OLD SCHOOL bloggers that actualy know what they are talking about, those are the ones I actually will seek out.

Yeah, I didn't make myself clear. That waa sarcasm. 

In all seriousness, I find that bloggers all just blog the same cheap stuff. Quality merchants don't bother with bloggers. 

Search for stuff the old fashioned way for best results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

In all seriousness, I find that bloggers all just blog the same cheap stuff. Quality merchants don't bother with bloggers. 

And even if the item in question is good quality,  "some" so called "bloggers"  manage to make the item look like excuse the expression "hell".

I had some really bad experiences with bloggers years back when I tired only once to use them...  my outfits were displayed in front of glaring lighting, with a busy background, and on a waaaaay distorted body shape..  It was so bad that I had some regular customers IM me to ask how I could let my work be displayed in such an ugly way..  That was the end of bloggers for me for a very long time.. recently I have tried again, but I must say I was not impressed.. so likely won't again.  My own Flickr page will have to do at least I put the focus on the piece of clothing I am displaying and not the background or the ice cream cone dripping down the front.

Edited by Tazzie Tuque
grammar lapse lol
  • Like 1

I don't know how long you have been gone. Most designers design for mesh avatars now.

COCO is mentioned over, it is also a wall with group gifts in her mainstore inworld.

Neve by coldLogic is another very modest store. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/103006

Seraphimsl.com is good for browsing the different events. Even if you don't find just what you want, it can be smart to visit the stores that look interesting.

I never search inworld and go from place to place. A waste of time. I use the Marketplace and Seraphim.

• Like 1

One of the most popular female fashion stores on the grid Blueberry does good casual stuff and the texturing is always really well detailed. if you join the group they give out free outfits and store credit from time to time you should still be able to get their latest store credit offering in group notices 

• Like 1

My preference is classic styling.  While there is (IMO) an overabundance of club wear, classic, modest clothing can still be found.  And to be different and stand out I wear my classic clothing to clubs.  Who says you have to wear a certain style to a club anyway?  Some of my go to stores are: COCO, mentioned many times for a reason.  Great style.  Then there is Belle Epoque, Just Because, Valentina E,  Dead Dollz (there are many modest pieces in the store), ISON, GIZ, Emery, United Colors has a few modest pieces.  You just have to look.  Many stores will have a few modest pieces.  And what Marianne Little said.  Seraphim is a great tool for window shopping.  In time you will glean your own personal favorites.  In the meantime, have fun!

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Like 4

I couldn`t disagree more, there has never been so much variety and abundance...you should steer clear from top selling pages on MP cause of all the full perm recolors clutter (which definitely gives impression of SL fashion being dead and buried) while some of the best stores don`t even use MP or use it sparsely, i.e. for older items only....Browsing Seraphim SL top events and certain Flickr groups proved to be great source of info for me and a way to not just catch up with latest releases but also find hidden gems I`d most likely not have found otherwise!

Here are a few brands worth checking out: Ison, Pixicat, Coco, Toksik, Amitomo, Fashioably Dead/F.D., Tres Blah, Mimikri, RKKN, Native Urban, Kitja, Tetra, Hotdog etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, because to me, it is now when more mature clothing can be found; creators are offering really high quality product, but, as in RL, you need to spend some linden (although there are some great gifts around too)  

COCO, Neve and Valentina have already been mentioned. I also buy at Aleutia, Tresh Blah, Petite Mort, Fashinoably Dead or Siss Boom

Edited by Elena Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.