Business issues with Role Players

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It's kind of nice to see everyone dancing in sync.

I hate it when lots of folks are dancing in sync - other than the occasional dance, like everyone doing Thriller or something.  Otherwise, it reminds me of the mass line dancing groups at the bar.  

As usual, it is interesting how different various views are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lainey Thorne said:

Even if I did contact the creators of Progeny it states in their manual  "But what if you don't like rules? Outside this tidy system of laws and civility live another kind of vampire, those who have chosen to live apart from the main society of Progeny....who have either been exiled from the community or have chosen to walk in the shadows, free of law and order...these are the 'Outcasts'...When a large group of Outcasts bands together they can apply to be granted the state of being a "Rogue House"...with their own set of rules."

This is just a "lore-dump." It translates to "our system has multiple factions," it does not translate to "some of our players just don't respect rules."

Your club has been the target of entitled people and/or just griefers who happen to also play in those systems. You shouldn't slam Progeny/whatever-else just because someone using that system is causing you trouble. You deal with those people as individuals and that's all you need to do.

That said: lol vampyrs r still dum in sl

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

That indicates to me that the dances provided in your venue are not good enough quality. Update your venue dance machines and guests won't need to use their own.

People want to use THEIR dance huds, regardless of what the club has, even if they have the same dances. They leave before even looking at the quality of dance machines a lot of times, because regardless of what the dances are, they aren't interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

That indicates to me that the dances provided in your venue are not good enough quality. Update your venue dance machines and guests won't need to use their own.

Yeah... nah. I'm one of those people that much prefer my own dance hud to any club hud. I don't care how good their anims are, they still don't fit me or my personality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 811Lord said:

Why HUD, you can pack selected dances for different occasions in the firestorm AO uin stands below, and then name and save the AO, the firestorm AO is always there, so extra HUD is unnecessary for dances.

While last I knew it was still more than half the grid that uses FS, that's still not everyone on the grid. Unless something changed recently I don't know about, the LL viewer does not have the built-in AO. Other TPVS may or may not have it.

• Thanks 1

As the security manager for a club I must endorse Lewis' suggestion 100%. Fortunately the rest of the managers and the club owner are highly responsive so that if any of my team witnessed something like this the group would be locked down to invite only and scripts disabled for non-group members in minutes... and it would stay that way for as long as required. We have a really good relationship with our estate's management too and they would be as unwilling to have this behavior going on on their turf as we, so the odds of folks who made a nuisance of themselves this way collecting a multi-sim estate ban would be perhaps a little higher than they anticipated when starting their "little bit of fun"

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
  • Like 1

Also, please don’t think that these people are representative of the SL RP community as a whole.

Dragging people involuntarily into a RP within SL is “Imposing” and only brings negative attention to the community.

Turn a sun-lamp on them ‘till they sparkle......

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296b4d875d90c8e8e27a

5 hours ago, Lainey Thorne said:

Even if I did contact the creators of Progeny it states in their manual  

This doesn't have anything to do with Progeny, or even RP, though. Some people who have a certain HUD attacked your sims with griefer tools, which have nothing to do with the HUD or their RP. It's like if I wore your club tag and griefed another sim - there's no real connection between the two. 

Edited by BobbyGeorge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.