Change of Legacy name

Aya Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If Linden Lab are being the typical Linden Lab, they won't give any advance notice at all. They'll just one day say, "Oh by the way, we launched name changes this morning". It wouldn't even surprise me if some other user finds it on their account dashboard and posts about it before the official announcement.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HTD Aya said:

By the end of February the ability of changing Legacy name was supposed to be released

We were never given a date or even an exact timeframe. Not sure who told you it was supposed to be by the end of Feb, but they were just guessing like the rest of us.

As with most SL changes, it will come when it comes.  And as Matty said, some Resident will probably notice the ability before the official announcement.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the end of February was the earliest it was possible that they would roll out name changes.  

It was very vague and even more so since it's vague in my memory.

I suppose a couple could pick a last name from the list and change to it together.

The LL blog pages post references and links to lots of non-LL blogs, so it is possible some other blog was making statements/guesses about the timeline.

After searching and reading blog posts for the last few months, all I can find that actually mentions February is this:

image.png.d40ae285428f50a906c0cfe50775f685.png

If I go to Inara's page for the article, there is this:

image.png.2dd8671d68104496a98bcf050b63076d.png

and this:

image.png.50c4f77e83137adac82447d6806974cf.png

I can't find any blog post by LL that says February.  It is possible that someone (or multiple someones) inferred such from an inworld meeting or some other posting and stated it more as a fact.  

I just wrote an update about this. Back in November, I had quoted directly Linden Lab, who had originally aid:

"Soon it will be possible to change the name of a Second Life account. This is one of our Residents’ most requested features and we’re working furiously to make it available by the end of January."

So in my November blogpost I said it would arrive by February 2020.(I added a month just to be on the safe side.)

Well, February has now come and gone and there is *still* no announcement.I am getting a little fed up at this point.

I blogged most recently about it here: https://ryanschultz.com/2020/03/03/editorial-why-is-the-second-life-avatar-name-change-feature-taking-so-long/

town-sign-1865304_1920.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair

28 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

"Soon it will be possible to change the name of a Second Life account. This is one of our Residents’ most requested features and we’re working furiously to make it available by the end of January."

Yep, basically 'we are trying to give it to you by the end of Jan', but of course "we are trying" still means: Soon™ (i.e. someday, maybe)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.