RFL of SL Kick Off @ Bellisseria Fairgrounds!

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The world's largest and most successful virtual fundraiser, the Relay For Life of Second Life, kicks off its 16th season on February 15th at 10am SLT.  Game On Cancer! The Cure Starts Here, will bring together teams from across the virtual grid and around the world, to help the American Cancer Society lead the fight for a world without cancer.  This season’s theme is a representation of the competitive spirit, as we refuse to give up on fighting this disease!

RFL of SL’s Kick Off will take place in THREE locations this year!  The Bellisseria Fairgrounds, the Home & Garden Expo AND on Facebook LIVE!

Team registrations opened on January 15th and there is still plenty of time to register for the 2020 season.  Bellisseria residents are invited to Relay, as a community, and have a HUGE presence at Relay Weekend, as the season ends on a 30+ region track, taking place on Saturday and Sunday, June 6th & 7th. 

For more information about Relaying For Life in Second Life, join the inworld group(s),

The Relay For Life Volunteers - secondlife:///app/group/7f1cc591-7968-9204-4082-98c7e544c371/about  (Team Registration info contact: Gem Sunkiller, Adam Spark or Ari Bowenford)

Bellisseria for RFL - secondlife:///app/group/d4bf823e-9e9d-784d-315a-041cb295bac5/about (ask for a BLT member to help you sign up!) 

The American Cancer Society is the world’s leader in fighting cancer and continues Attacking Cancer From Every Angle. If you or anyone you know is facing a cancer diagnosis, please contact the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345, visit cancer.org, or visit the American Cancer Society in Second Life.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

I am really excited about this but I keep getting a message that I am not allowed to teleport into the regions. I've tired various thigns and various fixes and I'm not reinstalling Firestorm in hopes that this helps but it seems other people are having the same problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

I am really excited about this but I keep getting a message that I am not allowed to teleport into the regions. I've tired various thigns and various fixes and I'm not reinstalling Firestorm in hopes that this helps but it seems other people are having the same problem.

To quote the OP "Relay For Life of Second Life, kicks off its 16th season on February 15th at 10am SLT".

18 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

As Garnet says:

On 2/4/2020 at 2:00 PM, Nikki Mathieson said:

the Relay For Life of Second Life, kicks off its 16th season on February 15th at 10am SLT.

12 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

To quote the OP "Relay For Life of Second Life, kicks off its 16th season on February 15th at 10am SLT".

The Home & Garden Expo regions are open, though, and fairly crowded.  Looks like one or more entertainment events have been held.  Milly is not alone, but many many non-ACS staff have visited.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MillyWH said:

I have been getting IMs about this over on the 2 demo regions.  The people took off their AVSitter and were then able to tp in.  No idea what's up with that, but will IM and ask about it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It was in the featured destinations so I assumed it was open.

9 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

I have been getting IMs about this over on the 2 demo regions.  The people took off their AVSitter and were then able to tp in.  No idea what's up with that, but will IM and ask about it

It finally worked and I walked around some and I'll have to check later . I didn't mean to wander in when it wasn't open to the public.n

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@PrudenceAnton  Thank you so much for setting up the RFL Kiosk for the first Belli LIVE Music Fest 2020!  Today (February 26, 2020) is the last day so come and enjoy 6 hours of WOW talent today at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds!.   We get treated to a pre-party today  Particles by @Owl Dragonash and DJ'd by @rasterscan  DJ Doc Rast!   \☻/

13b21ab0e474ee13ccb24fbccd230c18.gif

• Like 2

The Music Fest was a huge hit.  Thank you Owl @Owl Dragonash, Doc @rasterscan, & Joyful  @BJoyful 🥰 and all the amazing talented entertainers.

Very happy to help out with the Kiosk at the event.  The Bellisseria Relay For Life teams  have raised together in total:  $L100,227 Lindens  ($400.91 USD) 

B - Bellis Blues & Djs        L$: 31,625       USD:$126.50

Bellisseria for RFL             L$: 58,049       USD: $232.20 

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

The Music Fest was a huge hit.  Thank you Owl @Owl Dragonash, Doc @rasterscan, & Joyful  @BJoyful 🥰 and all the amazing talented entertainers.

Very happy to help out with the Kiosk at the event.  The Bellisseria Relay For Life teams  have raised together in total:  $L100,227 Lindens  ($400.91 USD) 

B - Bellis Blues & Djs        L$: 31,625       USD:$126.50

Bellisseria for RFL             L$: 58,049       USD: $232.20 

We LOVE this place!  Thank you Bellisseria and Bellisserians new, old and honourary for making the first Belli LIVE Music Fest a great success and for being so generous and supportive of the amazing musical talent we are so lucky to find in SL and for donating so generously to RFL  WOW!  ‼‼•\☻/•╠╣μgz ♥Åℓℓ♥ Åгσμηd•\☻/•‼‼

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

B - Bellis Blues & Djs        L$: 31,625       USD: $126.50

Bellisseria for RFL             L$:  77,253      USD: $309.01

TOTAL                                   L$: 108,878    USD: $435.51‬

and we're just finishing up our 2nd week of fundraising.  Tomorrow is a Leap Day Challenge.  For a hundred dollars raised by any team, Sting will add 25 to it out of his pocket.  Donations can be received thru our teams kiosks inworld or at this link with credit card or paypal.  https://secure.acsevents.org/site/STR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=97294

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.