Road Trip

brodiac90

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello great people of SL! 

I was hoping to get some help and advice. I've been in SL now just under 3 years and while I have learnt a lot in that time I'm still fairly unfamiliar with Mainland. I was hoping to go on a long road trip  (lots of sim crossings) and wondered where was the best place to start? 

My big brother Edward owns the Detroit Milestone from GEMC  and we thought it would be fun to hit the road and stop over at motels and rest stops along the way. It uses the GFS fuel system so maybe we could even stop and pump gas at some point?

What routes are the best? How do you go about rezzing a car? Thanks!

This is one of my favorite places to explore.

It has the great wall there which you can ride on top of and goes through many sims..there is the railroad and just a really good look at mainland in general..

there are so many different experiences there to check out.

As much as i try to remove the images at the bottom I can't..just ignore the duplicate bottom one....

heteroceraRoadMap.jpg

heteroceraMapLegend.jpg

image.png

image.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

You can drive all over the Bellisserian continent, following paved and dirt roads and cobblestone streets and, in some places, doing some off-road exploring.  There are well-marked rez zones on public land all over Bellisseria.  Some islands are connected to the mainland by bridges, but most aren't.  You can get an idea of the variety of sights on the continent by perusing threads in the Land >>> Linden Homes subforum, or you can just take off and start driving.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Yeah please could someone provide me with an SLURL which we can TP to and rez out our car? Thanks! 

You could try https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/cheju/67/96/111 it should land you very close to a rez zone on Jeogeot Yava pods stop there too if you don't fancy driving yourself round the continent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, the Linden Road Community hubs and the Explorer Info hubs both have the maps of the continents with the roads marked on them, and you can generally click on the map to get a copy of it (or there will be a boxed set of maps).  The relatively recent Forest Friendship Rest area http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Menophra/104/82/39 along Route 1 on Heterocera has both a Linden Road Community building and an Explorer Info building located close to the rest area and car park.  

When I travel along the roads, I make a LM at each rez area I see, so that in case something unexpected happens with your vehicle, or if you stop and leave your vehicle to check something out and need to re-rez,  you have a LM to the closest rez area.  Many times there will be rez areas if not every sim, then at least at every couple of sims, just right before or right after a sim crossing. 

• Thanks 2

So we started the road trip! Me and Tyler in back in our car seats with our big bro Edward driving. We stopped at a truck stop and passed a few other stops but haven't met anyone just yet! 

I'm sure we will at some point!  Thanks for all the help guys! The tip about landmarking rez zones is an awesome one! 

FLICKR

Road trip

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.