SLRR

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a brief excursion out from my home on the SLRR, using the Michie Marine freebie. And it is a nice way to travel the pretty scenery. But I end up down a siding and automatically turned around after a bit. Try as I might I can't see a junction controller anywhere so I can carry on past the siding.

Does anyone more experienced know what it is I am missing?

Also there seem to be plenty of marked rezz zones along the route without the rezz zones having been put in yet. Perhaps the junction controllers are planned for later along with the rezz zones?

Edited by Aethelwine

37 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I had a brief excursion out from my home on the SLRR, using the Michie Marine freebie. And it is a nice way to travel the pretty scenery. But I end up down a siding and automatically turned around after a bit. Try as I might I can't see a junction controller anywhere so I can carry on past the siding.

Does anyone more experienced know what it is I am missing?

Also there seem to be plenty of marked rezz zones along the route without the rezz zones having been put in yet. Perhaps the junction controllers are planned for later along with the rezz zones?

Your problems are due to the SLRR on Bellisseria not being completed yet.

Just wait a little longer, I'm sure there will be an official announcement, and perhaps even an official opening of the Bellisseria SLRR in due time.

• Thanks 1

The system in Bellisseria is new and wont be using the traditional points switches that you see on the other continent railways lines (at least that is my understanding of it). When two trains approach one of these split lines, it is supposed to be set up so it automatically sends them down different paths. As was said though, it's still a work in progress.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

The system in Bellisseria is new and wont be using the traditional points switches that you see on the other continent railways lines (at least that is my understanding of it). When two trains approach one of these split lines, it is supposed to be set up so it automatically sends them down different paths. As was said though, it's still a work in progress.

This is correct (even though the paths are backward - trains are supposed to take the right-side track, even in Europe. LOL) Because the railroad is not finished, yet, it's not fully working -  when you come upon a light - if it's red, you are supposed to stop because there is an oncoming train. When they reach a pull-out (the double-track sections) they are supposed to stop at their red light, your light will turn green and you proceed. Then after you pass them through that pull-out, their light turns green and they proceed. However, these are not accurate since the entire system is still being built.

BUT, this is SL, since no one will actually follow these rules, it's a good thing our trains will just pass through one another as though they are ghost trains. LOL

And, yes: SLRR is Second Life Rail Road. :D Since Bellisseria isn't completed, yet - anyone wanting to really experience it should go to Heterocera Atoll - the SLRR there is amazing with so many different paths and destinations to take. And the "Maze" is a total blast to navigate. The difference there is that it has been there since that continent was built (circa 2006) so it is a bit more manual: if you come to a split in the tracks, click the small road-light on the track you want to rail on, so it turns green. Click a switch at a junction to choose which way you want to go - these are toggles: click once to change, click again to change it back.

The Bellisseria system is pretty much automatic, except (I presume) the forked areas where there will need to be a switch so you can choose which way you want to go.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is correct (even though the paths are backward - trains are supposed to take the right-side track, even in Europe. LOL) Because the railroad is not finished, yet, it's not fully working -  when you come upon a light - if it's red, you are supposed to stop because there is an oncoming train. When they reach a pull-out (the double-track sections) they are supposed to stop at their red light, your light will turn green and you proceed. Then after you pass them through that pull-out, their light turns green and they proceed. However, these are not accurate since the entire system is still being built.

BUT, this is SL, since no one will actually follow these rules, it's a good thing our trains will just pass through one another as though they are ghost trains. LOL

<snip>

I mentioned this some time ago. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've got a bit addicted to north crannocks fishing game PLUS I've gotten interested in SLRR trains. Is there any SLRR track that runs close to LL water so I can indulge both these hobbies at the same moment ? By close I mean 10mts or less

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I've got a bit addicted to north crannocks fishing game PLUS I've gotten interested in SLRR trains. Is there any SLRR track that runs close to LL water so I can indulge both these hobbies at the same moment ? By close I mean 10mts or less

There's a stretch in Bishopshead that might fit that description, though I admit I'm not good with measurements. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bishopshead/62/100/23

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 3:54 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There's a stretch in Bishopshead that might fit that description, though I admit I'm not good with measurements. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bishopshead/62/100/23

Yay fankyou Sylvia ! A kind resident allows rezzing on the opposite bank so I could travel and fish at the same time  !  Sadly the next door neighbor had an orb so when my bogie crept forward a bit BAM game ruined once more. On the second attempt I dragged it onto the SLRR line in time and now my sl world is idyllic  :D

slrrr4.thumb.jpg.795e2fd30f01425f247a060773bed566.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Yay fankyou Sylvia ! A kind resident allows rezzing on the opposite bank so I could travel and fish at the same time  !  Sadly the next door neighbor had an orb so when my bogie crept forward a bit BAM game ruined once more. On the second attempt I dragged it onto the SLRR line in time and now my sl world is idyllic  :D

slrrr4.thumb.jpg.795e2fd30f01425f247a060773bed566.jpg

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for you; my Vic is not far from there. I guess I need to rez a grill in case you toss a fish my way! lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Ah ! I urge the team to get this bit fixed and finished ! I came to a crunching halt and lost a few bits lols !

I think you were having a rez issue there. That section of rail is definitely there and has been since the Vics were released. I've done several dozen trips over those track without issue (I remember that area specifically as it's a highlight of the train run))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.