New to male mesh, prefer Asian aesthetic

kmtezuka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m new to mesh and would like a strong but attractive Asian male face and an Asian fitness model physique. Please note that I do not want to recreate the below face. It's only an example.

image.png.fe06a30c3a7e42e4bc91c9869b4969c4.pngimage.png.5de25740030e0990e8cb876932812013.png

I've picked up the following demos. Are there any that I missed that I should look at? How do the bodies compare and contrast? Which bodies currently have the most clothing content available?

Heads
-    Akeruka Yang
-    Catwa Dino, Skell, Victor
-    Lelutka Andrea, Guy

Bodies
-    Belleza Jake
-    Exmachina Davide
-    Legacy Meshbody
-    Niramyth Aesthetic
-    Signature: Geralt, Gianni
-    Slink Physique

Skins
-    Bold & Beauty
-    Clef de Peau
-    LV Designs
-    Not Found
-    Stray Dog
-    Raonhausen
-    Vendetta

Hair
-    Stealthic
-    also visited Dura, Fabia, Emo-tions, Argrace, Mina, Exile, Kuni, Modulus, Truth but prefer Stealthic's textures and alpha hairline

Edited by kmtezuka

Hm, seems you've got bodies covered. After having worn my Geralt for a while, because I found it more aesthetically pleasing than my Gianni, I gave up on it because I simply couldn't find clothing for it - but I have since tweaked my Gianni to a point where it doesn't actually look like a gladiator. It's still muscular, yes, but I got the arms down so that they no longer look like they're hewn out of redwood trees.

Snapshot_028.thumb.png.95e3c01e2e0e3b2fdb5786483a93b698.png

Depending on what kind of body build you want, and what type of apparel you're looking for, Gianni or Jake are probably going to be your best options. I haven't seen whether TMP Legacy's male body got much support yet (but whether it does or not, there are several threads totaling hundreds of angry posts about Legacy being an unfinished mess).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Orwar said:

After having worn my Geralt for a while, because I found it more aesthetically pleasing than my Gianni

I had Geralt with my male alt aswell, amazing body but the lack of clothing was unbearable. I tried Gianni, but it just stayed way too bulky, even with a heavily sized down shape. I found Jake to respond a bit better to the downsizing attempt.

4 hours ago, sceneris said:

theres asian male head at akeruka

Thank you. I just picked up the demo. Akeruka isn't a name I saw come up in searching for Asian skins. Are there any that you recommend?

52 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I have since tweaked my Gianni to a point where ... It's still muscular, yes, but I got the arms down so that they no longer look like they're hewn out of redwood trees.

Depending on ... what type of apparel you're looking for, Gianni or Jake are probably going to be your best options ... there are several threads totaling hundreds of angry posts about Legacy being an unfinished mess.

Thank you. I appreciate what you've done with your Gianni arms. What was your approach in slimming them down?

I don't know where to begin with mesh clothing. Menswear options have always seemed in short supply (hence my circa 2012 wardrobe). My style would probably be considered classic, clean cut, or smart casual: polished and tailored. I prefer sweaters and trousers, sport coats and turtlenecks, dark jeans, leather shoes, that sort of thing.

I'm new to mesh and haven't been following TMP's development. In short, what makes a body finished as opposed to unfinished?

18 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I found Jake to respond a bit better to the downsizing attempt.

Thank you. Are there any creators you've found that specialize in clothing the Jake body?

4 minutes ago, kmtezuka said:

Thank you. I appreciate what you've done with your Gianni arms. What was your approach in slimming them down?

In the torso tab, when editing the shape, put the muscularity to something very low. This affects the arms, neck and pectorals by some amount, but the main focus is the biceps. You don't need to go higher than a single digit, or low double digits. And also the shoulder width being low, to give you a sleeker look.

6 minutes ago, kmtezuka said:

I don't know where to begin with mesh clothing. Menswear options have always seemed in short supply (hence my circa 2012 wardrobe). My style would probably be considered classic, clean cut, or smart casual: polished and tailored. I prefer sweaters and trousers, sport coats and turtlenecks, dark jeans, leather shoes, that sort of thing.

Aye, this is largely the same kind of apparel I'm on the look-out for. ColdAsh has some such apparel, Deadwool for formals (they've got some nice suits, and a very nice pair of Oxford shoes), FashionNatic has a few items that may be of interest (although the majority of it feels a bit too ... I don't even know what to call it. Futuristic, kinda?). Some will suggest Gabriel, and I do like their designs - but the textures I just can't stand, they're frequently so flat that it just looks terrible.

Personally I also enjoy CX (mostly for accessories and jewelry), ContraptioN (Steampunkish/Victorian-Gothic apparel), Hotdog (some very interesting outfits from a quite varied selection, but somehow ... Burtonesque, I suppose?), and PFC (Fantasy, some of it looks a bit 'Gor', but they've got an amazing toga!).

3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Mudskin is pretty much exclusively Asian skins.

Yes, but all the male faces looks like 12 year old boys. The face shown in the first post look both more mature and masculine than what I think about when I hear "Mudskin". I can be wrong, of course. They can have a skin I haven't seen, so it is best to take a look in the store.

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, but all the male faces looks like 12 year old boys.

A stubble applier may help with that! Just look at this magnificent sonuva gentleman. Beard maketh man. Nods.

r0qsDkPR_400x400.jpg

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, but all the male faces looks like 12 year old boys. The face shown in the first post look both more mature and masculine than what I think about when I hear "Mudskin". I can be wrong, of course. They can have a skin I haven't seen, so it is best to take a look in the store.

18 minutes ago, Orwar said:

A stubble applier may help with that! Just look at this magnificent sonuva gentleman. Beard maketh man. Nods.

r0qsDkPR_400x400.jpg

Exactly this

10 hours ago, Orwar said:

In the torso tab, when editing the shape, put the muscularity to something very low. This affects the arms, neck and pectorals by some amount, but the main focus is the biceps. You don't need to go higher than a single digit, or low double digits. And also the shoulder width being low, to give you a sleeker look.

Aye, this is largely the same kind of apparel I'm on the look-out for. ColdAsh has some such apparel, Deadwool for formals (they've got some nice suits, and a very nice pair of Oxford shoes), FashionNatic has a few items that may be of interest (although the majority of it feels a bit too ... I don't even know what to call it. Futuristic, kinda?). Some will suggest Gabriel, and I do like their designs - but the textures I just can't stand, they're frequently so flat that it just looks terrible.

Personally I also enjoy CX (mostly for accessories and jewelry), ContraptioN (Steampunkish/Victorian-Gothic apparel), Hotdog (some very interesting outfits from a quite varied selection, but somehow ... Burtonesque, I suppose?), and PFC (Fantasy, some of it looks a bit 'Gor', but they've got an amazing toga!).

Thank you. I'll try this with my sliders. I'll also stop in at the stores you mentioned. Do you have any recommendations for hair? I prefer Stealthic for its alpha hairline and realistic strand texture but the men's line is limited if one isn't into fades.

10 hours ago, sceneris said:

@kmtezuka, i haven't across any asian skins, best is you join the akeruka group and ask if they can recommend any

Thank you.

6 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Mudskin is pretty much exclusively Asian skins.

Thank you. It is. I stopped in there for demos and didn't see anything that struck me as "masculine" beyond a pretty boy K-pop aesthetic that doesn't interest me. I'll look again.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Thank you. I agree. I felt the skins too youthful and pretty for my goal. I'll look again and try to envision them differently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmtezuka said:

Do you have any recommendations for hair?

Stealthic is, by far, my favourite hair creator in SL. My photo alt gets all the hairs from them. Their male hairs work, but I've kind of used the same one hair for something like 3 years now - I'm not as adventurous with hair on my male avatar, I guess!

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, Orwar said:

Depending on what kind of body build you want, and what type of apparel you're looking for, Gianni or Jake are probably going to be your best options. I haven't seen whether TMP Legacy's male body got much support yet (but whether it does or not, there are several threads totaling hundreds of angry posts about Legacy being an unfinished mess).

I had Slink and Jake 2.0, also tried Gianni demo, currently using Legacy male, and I must say it's by far the most complete and satisfying experience of them all atleast for me. For instance Gianni clothes work remarkably well with a little alpha work also some Jake clothes work ironically that doesn't even work with Jake 2.0 anymore since the wrists were changed resulting in clipping with long sleeved garments. One area in which the Legacy body excel is the neck area. In the image below I use StrayDog legacy skin on body and Lelutka Andrea head, windlight is midday. Another great thing is that the hand animations actually work and that can't really be said for Jake 2.0 for instance. Now I know some people mention the small gaps and it happens due to loss in precision when storing coordinates as floating point numbers. The long explanation: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html. This is being worked on but it's obviously no easy thing to just correct since it happens due to a way SL handles said floating point numbers, but hopefully it can atleast be mitigated to some extent. Mind you this problem also happen on all other mesh the higher in the sky you go it's just on the Legacy body a few faint lines can still be seen on ground level and that happens because the body has more cuts than other meshbodies. These cuts mean however that the body is more round and has a better shape than other competing brands so it's a tradeoff at this point that hopefully will be fixed in the future. Oh and regarding support there are more and more Legacy items being released every week, check this for instance https://www.flickr.com/groups/legacyreleases/pool/page1.

neck.png

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

16 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

also some Jake clothes work ironically that doesn't even work with Jake 2.0 anymore since the wrists were changed resulting in clipping with long sleeved garments.

You can wear original one in same folder of Jake 2.0. Also if you didn't know yet, we got Jake 2.1 already.

2 hours ago, elixdude said:

You can wear original one in same folder of Jake 2.0. Also if you didn't know yet, we got Jake 2.1 already.

Version 2.1 did not fix the problem and you really don't want to wear an older version of the body when there is a newer one available atleast I didn't, the wrists should never have been broken in the first place.

1 minute ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Version 2.1 did not fix the problem and you really don't want to wear an older version of the body when there is a newer one available atleast I didn't, the wrists should never have been broken in the first place.

well i did have my old Jake's outfit and I don't have problem on wrist. Not sure what happened there but I just wear the original one, not original arm or feet, and I can wear old Jake's outfit.

18 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Oh and regarding support there are more and more Legacy items being released every week, check this for instance https:

i'd rather run around naked in my old original Ruth body than ever spend a single L$ to that scam company of TMP ever again.
No matter what quality their new thing is.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.