Ugly brick corner pieces

CynicismSells

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, CynicismSells said:

Is there a way to request these monstrosities be removed? They're on all 4 corners of my lot and they make it impossible to make the tootie white picket fence work :(

I might toss the house back just because of these... ugh.

slhome.JPG

Nope - they are outside of your parcel and part of the landscaping.  If you want something different, you will need to Abandon that property and try for another location.

ETA: Honestly, I'd probably put hedges inside them (within your parcel lines) all the way around, creating a gate or archway or something where the walkway comes in.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope - they are outside of your parcel and part of the landscaping.  If you want something different, you will need to Abandon that property and try for another location.

I might have to... they're terrible. Seriously... in RL I'd bust out a trusty rusty sledgehammer and go to town.

• Haha 2

Just now, CynicismSells said:

I might have to... they're terrible. Seriously... in RL I'd bust out a trusty rusty sledgehammer and go to town.

I actually did that at a RL house once - though the brick corner walls I took down did not extend as far along each edge, so only a tiny PITA.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Until homes become more available, it might be best to try to work around them.  I think shrubbery might work well with the brick wall, you would probably want to find some low prim ones on the marketplace.  

Also :)

Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck :)

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually did that at a RL house once - though the brick corner walls I took down did not extend as far along each edge, so only a tiny PITA.

Me too. It's a great way to work out aggression, mostly towards people who make decisions as permanent as brick walls... and a good excuse to drink cheap but icy cold beer #girlpower

... it wouldn't be so terrible if it was only the front corners... but the back of the lot? It's a cute hill back there... it totally messes with the flow... it's like boxing in a corner lot.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polenth Yue said:

Though you might hate them, I can see their potential for someone who wants corner flower beds in their garden. They'd add a nice outer edge to that.

I agree. I think they have a cute aesthetic! But I also hate open flows and open concept living... To each their own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WillowTenage said:

Until homes become more available, it might be best to try to work around them.  I think shrubbery might work well with the brick wall, you would probably want to find some low prim ones on the marketplace.  

Also :)

Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck :)

Shrubbery!!! One that looks nice... not too expensive. NOW GO!

I'll probably abandon the home at some point... maybe tomorrow in hopes of getting something with less of a fortress feel. I mean... if I cant have the moat I certainly don't need the ramparts and battlements...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I wasn't happy at all with my plot- half a fence, half a hedge, half this and half that all over the place. But I believe in the whole if life hands you lemons, make lemonade philosophy, and I was just SO happy to have anything at all, I made it all work, and am really happy with things there now. Sometimes working with what you end up with has a happy ending, even if it wasn't the original plan.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, CynicismSells said:

It's a great way to work out aggression, mostly towards people who make decisions as permanent as brick walls..

Even more annoying that the stupid brick corner walls -- all of it being sunk in concrete about 6 inches deep.  Yeah, I needed to work out some aggression there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morena Tully said:

I wasn't happy at all with my plot- half a fence, half a hedge, half this and half that all over the place. But I believe in the whole if life hands you lemons, make lemonade philosophy, and I was just SO happy to have anything at all, I made it all work, and am really happy with things there now. Sometimes working with what you end up with has a happy ending, even if it wasn't the original plan.

I agree with making things work, but in order to I'd need to use the brick walls... and I didn't want to be in belli to close out my neighbors... the picket fence option feels more inviting... I dunno... I've never liked brick though, real life or SL.. to each their own I suppose.

Could make them part of some decor spots. Like the shrubbery idea mentioned for the front ones. In the back yard, maybe turn them into raised garden/flower beds (I think there are brick walls in the content pack), or maybe plant Hydrangeas or Lilac bushes, or cherry trees. Something that helps tone down the jarring contrast.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Could make them part of some decor spots. Like the shrubbery idea mentioned for the front ones. In the back yard, maybe turn them into raised garden/flower beds (I think there are brick walls in the content pack), or maybe plant Hydrangeas or Lilac bushes, or cherry trees. Something that helps tone down the jarring contrast.

hey that's an idea. you could complete the square in the back yard around a tree and make it almost a sitting area, like those  wrap around tree benches

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CynicismSells said:

Shrubbery!!! One that looks nice... not too expensive. NOW GO!

I'll probably abandon the home at some point... maybe tomorrow in hopes of getting something with less of a fortress feel. I mean... if I cant have the moat I certainly don't need the ramparts and battlements...

suggest that you go with the shrubbery idea for now.  Can still picket fence the rest between the corner shrubberies.  Then if it all looks ok-ish then can keep the house for a while longer maybe. At least until the estate is finished and more other parcels are available

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Some ideas I thought up on the fly:

4.thumb.jpg.8c8a7475b8c8e18c975534b2ab7dbadd.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0da46b92953b055044995bbd76707489.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.1ebfaf8b639dc00403fbce4da47ceb96.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.afaf09aba0acd98957ca534a8c6b1e41.jpg

Those are cute Zoya but not really my style. They still feel a bit claustrophobic. Apparently I dislike being boxed in in SL as much as i dislike it in RL. That's interesting and I'll have to explore it someday.

Maybe an SL god(ess) will take notice of my plight and remove them for me someday?? Pretty please with cherries on top???

In the meantime I'll have fun decorating the interior a bit before I go fishing again. I'm hoping the pending camper releases will free up beach front.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mae Omizu said:

I agree. I think they have a cute aesthetic! But I also hate open flows and open concept living... To each their own.

I love open flows! If it wasn't  for the upstairs balcony I'd have probably gone with one of the single story house options. IRL I'm actually house hunting for a more open home too. I'm definitely a modern flow kind of gal. It's like the house version of sweatpants 

I'd bet you love those Victorian and antique homes 😊. A little more formal / dressy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CynicismSells said:

I love open flows! If it wasn't  for the upstairs balcony I'd have probably gone with one of the single story house options. IRL I'm actually house hunting for a more open home too. I'm definitely a modern flow kind of gal. It's like the house version of sweatpants 

I'd bet you love those Victorian and antique homes 😊. A little more formal / dressy?

Haha! Yes, spot on. Love me closed concepts with separate formal rooms for everything. I have no desire to see the kitchen while in the living room. Close the damn door and forget that room exists until I relocate myself to it for whatever reason. I want as many doors, hallways, closed spaces as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA: Honestly, I'd probably put hedges inside them (within your parcel lines) all the way around, creating a gate or archway or something where the walkway comes in.

awwww sad, I wish I had those on mine... I had to  use the ones in the kit and they count against my LI. Funny how we  don't quite get what we want

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MaidenHu said:

awwww sad, I wish I had those on mine... I had to  use the ones in the kit and they count against my LI. Funny how we  don't quite get what we want

Oh noes! If I could trade you I would! It's situations like these that make you wish house swapping was a do-able thing. 😅

ETA honestly the two front ones don't even bother me that much.... it's the rear two... ok it's the front two too...

Edited by CynicismSells
  • Like 4

It's all about perspective. Some see potential, some see a road-block. Kind of relates to that saying; "Those who want will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse."

Not meant derogatory, just my pitiful attempt at trying to appear wise (and likely failing) But I tried, dammit! 😂

Just now, CynicismSells said:

Oh noes! If I could trade you I would! It's situations like these that make you wish house swapping was a do-able thing. 😅

I would very much love to see something like this. Can't see it happening, but would love it none the less. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CynicismSells said:

They for real should make that a thing... But it would probably get abused some how. :( 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.