Ugly brick corner pieces

CynicismSells

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Until homes become more available, it might be best to try to work around them.  I think shrubbery might work well with the brick wall, you would probably want to find some low prim ones on the marketplace.  

Also :)

Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck :)

Hahaha! You'd think there are diminishing returns on showing Monthy Python fragments, right? But nope: these remain hi-larious! :) 

And, btw, so glad you're still here! 🤗

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

They for real should make that a thing... But it would probably get abused some how. :( 

There are ways to make it non-abused?...

1. You can't charge L$ for it. Doing so will forfeit your homeowner privelege for permanent.

2. You're allowed one swap per week (so servers don't go bonkers with chronic swapping).

3. Both parties must have a Linden home to swap. I.E. no gifting it to non-owners.

2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I wasn't happy at all with my plot- half a fence, half a hedge, half this and half that all over the place. But I believe in the whole if life hands you lemons, make lemonade philosophy, and I was just SO happy to have anything at all, I made it all work, and am really happy with things there now. Sometimes working with what you end up with has a happy ending, even if it wasn't the original plan.

Now that's the spirit! ❤️

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

I can see it now, "I have a beach front belli lot... If you pay me an ungodly amount of L I'll be willing to trade you for your less 'desirable' land locked lot." 

I think it could be done without the need for grandiose payments (not that dissimilar to the current land sales option we have to sell to a particular resident for a minimum of 1 Linden) but I do see your point that even something as simple as that has the propensity to be (and likely will be) abused in the name of greed. It's a shame. By giving people the option you might see a slight decline in those jumping around from house to house (like me) trying to find their ideal location. But on the other hand it's just as likely people will start screaming favouritism as all the "good" houses are sold/swapped to alts or best friends, and even more problems arise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CynicismSells said:

1. You can't charge L$ for it. Doing so will forfeit your homeowner privelege for permanent.

2. You're allowed one swap per week (so servers don't go bonkers with chronic swapping).

3. Both parties must have a Linden home to swap. I.E. no gifting it to non-owners.

Problem is that there is no way to enforce the bolded part and no guaranteed way of knowing if it is happening.  If someone has a very desirable beach front property and has stated they are willing to swap it, then I can easily see the people wanting it "offering" money to be the one chosen over whomever else also wants to swap for the beachfront.  Even continually offering higher amounts.  Since it is all under the table, nobody would really be the wiser, thus nobody gets in trouble, especially if the beach front property owner never actually "asks" for any money.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

It's all about perspective. Some see potential, some see a road-block. Kind of relates to that saying; "Those who want will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse."

In this case, I think it is more a part of searching for the 'perfect location'.  To me, the surrounding landscaping, including the property edging, is part of the equation.

While I mentioned that I'd possibly toss up some hedges to basically hide what I didn't want to see, it would still be a temporary measure for me.  I'd abandon the plot as soon as things were in a situation where I could be fairly sure of getting another home in a short amount of time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I think it could be done without the need for grandiose payments (not that dissimilar to the current land sales option we have to sell to a particular resident for a minimum of 1 Linden) but I do see your point that even something as simple as that has the propensity to be (and likely will be) abused in the name of greed. It's a shame. By giving people the option you might see a slight decline in those jumping around from house to house (like me) trying to find their ideal location. But on the other hand it's just as likely people will start screaming favouritism as all the "good" houses are sold/swapped to alts or best friends, and even more problems arise.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Problem is that there is no way to enforce the bolded part and no guaranteed way of knowing if it is happening.  If someone has a very desirable beach front property and has stated they are willing to swap it, then I can easily see the people wanting it "offering" money to be the one chosen over whomever else also wants to swap for the beachfront.  Even continually offering higher amounts.  Since it is all under the table, nobody would really be the wiser, thus nobody gets in trouble, especially if the beach front property owner never actually "asks" for any money.  

😑 You're right.... I forgot the cardinal rule of life: People Suck.

• Like 3

I think there was some theorizing at one point about how you could get a somewhat similar effect to swapping houses by sharing a group, and then set both homes to that group so that you could both rez in both houses. Person one then "lives" in house two, and person two "lives" in house one. Actual ownership never changes, but each person gets to be in the location they want. You'd have to set security orbs (if used) for each other and anything else that can only be done by the actual owner (like changing out the house itself). It's not ideal, but it's a thought, I suppose. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

In this case, I think it is more a part of searching for the 'perfect location'.  To me, the surrounding landscaping, including the property edging, is part of the equation.

While I mentioned that I'd possibly toss up some hedges to basically hide what I didn't want to see, it would still be a temporary measure for me.  I'd abandon the plot as soon as things were in a situation where I could be fairly sure of getting another home in a short amount of time.

Oh, I get it. Believe me, I do! I just abandoned my house a few days ago that I'd had since the original roll out. The location wasn't bad at all but there was always some little thing I wish I could "fix". To someone else it may have been ideal, but to me... nope! 

In terms of finding a way anything is going to be a temporary solution until one is happy with their lot, both figuratively and literally. Some may have more staying power or be able to make the best of a bad situation better than others. Not me. I'm too picky, apparently. And so the search continues! ;) 

1 minute ago, CynicismSells said:

You're right.... I forgot the cardinal rule of life: People Suck.

And yes we do. But not all of us. Just some. And even that depends on external factors like lack of sleep or chocolate... But yes, if there's a way to exploit something I'll we as a species will find it! 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, CynicismSells said:

Oh noes! If I could trade you I would! It's situations like these that make you wish house swapping was a do-able thing. 😅

ETA honestly the two front ones don't even bother me that much.... it's the rear two... ok it's the front two too...

I so wish we could, I'd be at yo house with my moving truck

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

What about derendering them?

It will only work from your side, meaning those taking pictures outside your house for their amazing photos, or those visiting your house, are still going to see them. And probably wonder if it's a design flaw/misplacement of prims/décor/accident as opposed to an actual attempt at covering up. But I could be completely wrong about that.

• Like 2

Just now, RaeLeeH said:

It will only work from your side, meaning those taking pictures outside your house for their amazing photos, or those visiting your house, are still going to see them. And probably wonder if it's a design flaw/misplacement of prims/décor/accident as opposed to an actual attempt at covering up. But I could be completely wrong about that.

True, but only the house owner has expressed a dislike for the 4 red brick corners. So people taking pics or visitors may not see a problem with them at all. Decorate the yard first and then, after checking that you aren't making weird arrangements with them, derender and forgetaboutit

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

True, but only the house owner has expressed a dislike for the 4 red brick corners. So people taking pics or visitors may not see a problem with them at all. Decorate the yard first and then, after checking that you aren't making weird arrangements with them, derender and forgetaboutit

Very true. The only real issue would be derendering, forgetting you derendered, and placing something in place of them; so that instead of the nice picket fence what people actually see is a fence embedded in a fence (fenception?)... which is still actually doable! Stylistically not ideal but the principle remains the same.

Yes, timing matters. If you have to derender, do it LAST! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

I can see it now, "I have a beach front belli lot... If you pay me an ungodly amount of L I'll be willing to trade you for your less 'desirable' land locked lot." 

And there would always be someone out there who would pay it. Which would take us, in no time, straight back to Bellisseria becoming Mainland 2.0 with people feeling justified to charge what they want, and rez what they want, since they paid a high price for it. And the headaches continue... 😑

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Very true. The only real issue would be derendering, forgetting you derendered, and placing something in place of them; so that instead of the nice picket fence what people actually see is a fence embedded in a fence (fenception?)... which is still actually doable! Stylistically not ideal but the principle remains the same.

Since the Mole provided brick walls and such are outside the parcel, you can't really place anything on/over them.  You could, however, place some sort of shrubbery inside the parcel that ended up protruded through the brick wall, which would still look really bad.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since the Mole provided brick walls and such are outside the parcel, you can't really place anything on/over them.  You could, however, place some sort of shrubbery inside the parcel that ended up protruded through the brick wall, which would still look really bad.

Ot they could try and cut down the brick wall... with a haring! LOL. Sorry, still laughing from @WillowTenage's video. 😋

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MaidenHu said:

awwww sad, I wish I had those on mine... I had to  use the ones in the kit and they count against my LI. Funny how we  don't quite get what we want

You can do it with some work. Open a group, you two join it. Then set both lands to that group, you can use the others house just as your own.

If you start to disagree, then this is null and valid. It works only if both play nice. One of you could go and abandon the land, so the others things got returned in one big lump. Or change the land from set to group, to normal.

• Like 1

Typical, thousands of premium members are hitting refresh hoping to get one of these homes and someone who has been lucky enough to get one is complaining about a minor cosmetic thing that could be fixed with 5 mins work and a little imagination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CynicismSells said:

And how are they to monitor that 1.) isn't violated?? No way!

So there would soon be a guilde of professional "house hunters" who swap for good money.

PS: Oops saw that I am not the first one to answer this ... sorry!

Edited by Leora Jacobus

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

As the walls are on Moles land and you only can rezz things on your land no fences inside walls are possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.