New Happenings @ the Belli Animal Sanctuary!

JessycaJayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The wonderful Kitsune Foxies have set up their specially brewed "Kitsune Koffee" shop here, a very exciting addition!! Also, coming soon, we will have an "Adoption Board" (idea - courtesy of Bella the Greyhound) so that any animals or hoomans searching for companions, can find each other here! Will post more when the board is ready ♥

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rourke/179/99/39

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

Patch Linden said: 

Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria.

And how does that apply to what JessycaJayne posted? 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And how does that apply to what JessycaJayne posted? 

Yeah I'm pretty confused by that too. Perhaps the poster doesn't understand that Bellisseria already has many fine (RP) coffee shops, pubs, and community hang outs? Nonetheless, on a day that seemed way more stressful than was necessary to our little community, @JessycaJayne  thank you for bringing a smile & some warmth into things, you're the best HamsterGrrl.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 9

What does construed mean?
The definition of construed is something has been analyzed or interpreted.
"Activities and items that could be construed" (analyzed or interpreted.) "as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria." see Patch Linden's posts.

Hmm, 7 posts and already jumping at shadows? Most of the Bellesserians--and certainly the ones who are always around doing proactive things for the community--like JessycaJayne (the Bellisserian Hamster)--are very aware of the non-commerical nature of the covenant. The various "neighborhood establishments" you'll see around Belli are essentially role-play. They're locations for community to congregate around.

Nothing to see here; move along. 😉

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

it is an rp coffee stand (coffee and treats are all free as stated in the coffee poster @ the location), in the corner of the Sanctuary. And the adoption boards have no rental fees whatsoever. I got them free and they are free to use. I adore the Belli community and would never attempt to do something to mess it up by blatently breaking the rules or causing undo stress. 

But thank you for you input @SweetTaffeyLove

And of course, if I HAVE done anything wrong, I would correct it immediately.  @Patch Linden if you have the time .. please, could you clear this up for me?

***edited because I have no opposable thumbs and FAIL at typing...

Edited by JessycaJayne
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Yeah I'm pretty confused by that too. Perhaps the poster doesn't understand tat Bellisseria already has many fine (RP) coffee shops, pubs, and community hang outs? Nonetheless, on a day that seemed way more stressful than was necessary to our little community, @JessycaJayne  thank you for bringing a smile & some warmth into things, you're the best HamsterGrrl.

And yew are the bestest KaosGiiiirl! ♥

• Like 7

Bah, your Sanctuary (and the coffee stand), are just fine, Jessyca. :) Patch's comments and examples in the pinned post at the top of this forum are really hard to misconstrue. The only longer-standing point of debate for a while revolved around tip jars, but that's been put to rest too (no tip jars anywhere in Belli--not even on the Fairgrounds at special events).

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

Bah, your Sanctuary (and the coffee stand), are just fine, Jessyca. :) Patch's comments and examples in the pinned post at the top of this forum are really hard to misconstrue. The only longer-standing point of debate for a while revolved around tip jars, but that's been put to rest too (no tip jars anywhere in Belli--not even on the Fairgrounds at special events).

Yush mam.. indeed indeeeeed hehe ♥

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:
What does construed mean?
The definition of construed is something has been analyzed or interpreted.
"Activities and items that could be construed" (analyzed or interpreted.) "as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria." see Patch Linden's posts.

"

It appears that the only one construing the RP animal sanctuary as "commercial and for profit" is you. You'd be better off finding something else to complain about, because you are not going to win this one. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

RP animal sanctuary adoption board?? like child avatars??

Yes, animal adoption rp is actually quite common among animal avatar roleplayers, and among family roleplayers. Many of the child adoption centers where children can find parents and siblings also offer a pet section for animals to find owners, and a few animal-specific adoption centers, kennels, veterinary offices, etc have also popped up over the years to cater to animal roleplayers and their families. More often than not, these kinds of services are not a for-profit venture. They're run by kind souls who simply enjoy interacting with animal avatars :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, JessycaJayne said:

The wonderful Kitsune Foxies have set up their specially brewed "Kitsune Koffee" shop here, a very exciting addition!! Also, coming soon, we will have an "Adoption Board" (idea - courtesy of Bella the Greyhound) so that any animals or hoomans searching for companions, can find each other here! Will post more when the board is ready ♥

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rourke/179/99/39

i visited your house, it's nice and warm welcome for the love of animals

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The sanctuary is such a welcoming and beautiful place. Hammy has done such a beautiful and generous thing to open her home to all of us. Minnie and I have gone there to rest and hang out a few times and it's simply wonderful!

Thank you Hammy for your generosity.

Can we please keep this thread a happy and positive thing since I really feel that was Hammy's intent? I'm really not trying to be pushy and bossy or derail Hammy's thread, but can we just keep kindness here?

On that note, Sylvia? You seem kind to me. You're blunt and I admire that. I think any of the animal community would be happy to be in your company including my baby Minnie and I!

Again, thank you Hammy for such a beautiful place to hang out! I would suggest any of the animal community who hasn't visited to do so because it is so worth it! Plus get to know Hammy! She's awesome!

Please know Hammy I'm not trying to speak for you and I'm sorry if it comes off that way.

💗

Edited by ElfieMeadow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ElfieMeadow said:

The sanctuary is such a welcoming and beautiful place. Hammy has done such a beautiful and generous thing to open her home to all of us. Minnie and I have gone there to rest and hang out a few times and it's simply wonderful!

Thank you Hammy for your generosity.

Can we please keep this thread a happy and positive thing since I really feel that was Hammy's intent? I'm really not trying to be pushy and bossy or derail Hammy's thread, but can we just keep kindness here?

On that note, Sylvia? You seem kind to me. You're blunt and I admire that. I think any of the animal community would be happy to be in your company including my baby Minnie and I!

Again, thank you Hammy for such a beautiful place to hang out! I would suggest any of the animal community who hasn't visited to do so because it is so worth it! Plus get to know Hammy! She's awesome!

Please know Hammy I'm not trying to speak for you and I'm sorry if it comes off that way.

💗

Not at all Elfie .. that really means a lot to me and I am glad that you enjoy coming to the Sanctuary. We loooove having you and lil Minnie come and visit <3

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Teager said:

Yes, animal adoption rp is actually quite common among animal avatar roleplayers, and among family roleplayers. Many of the child adoption centers where children can find parents and siblings also offer a pet section for animals to find owners, and a few animal-specific adoption centers, kennels, veterinary offices, etc have also popped up over the years to cater to animal roleplayers and their families. More often than not, these kinds of services are not a for-profit venture. They're run by kind souls who simply enjoy interacting with animal avatars :) 

Ty Teager! Your paws type beautifully!

• Like 4

Cian  scratches his head as he inventories his order for coffee beans and beer at the Bellis Blues Cafe coffee  house and finds a crate of carrots and platter of acorns delights among the items, pondering if that squirrely rodent that visited them in the early mornings hours had something to do with this. "Pru.....!?!"carrots-acorns.png.78c7717312ac20819e326b0147129799.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Cian Wycliffe said:

Cian  scratches his head as he inventories his order for coffee beans and beer at the Bellis Blues Cafe coffee  house and finds a crate of carrots and platter of acorns delights among the items, pondering if that squirrely rodent that visited them in the early mornings hours had something to do with this. "Pru.....!?!"carrots-acorns.png.78c7717312ac20819e326b0147129799.png

Awwww you met our demands!! You are such a kind hooman ♥ Will be sure to stop by for a visit and some treats! 

Hammy ♥

• Like 6

On 7/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, SweetTaffeyLove said:

Patch Linden said: 

Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria.

Is this posted in the correct Topic? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.