Refund

Umeko Silvershade

Question

Hello

I placed an order to purchase 3000 Lindens but after three days and still no L in my account I decided to cancel the order, as I can use that money for something more important.

So clicked cancel, all went well, but the money has not returned to my Paypal account, but it says they are there in my US balance.

How do I get them back into my paypal account?

Never experienced buying linden would take this long, last time it took maybe at most one day, yeah not very pleased with it this time around.

So the simple question; How can I get the refund back into my paypal account?

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

Hi, Umeko!

I understand that you're upset, but you've been getting very good advice.  To summarize:

• If you want your $L immediately, use the "Instant Buy (Market Buy)" option, the left hand window you see when you click "Buy $L". 
    • The Best Rate option is an OFFER to buy $L at a specified exchange rate.  Your money is held "in escrow" until the exchange rate reaches your specified target, and orders ahead of you at that rate have been filled.  If the exchange doesn't reach that rate, the order won't be filled.  Only use this option if you don't mind waiting a while for your $L, and be careful to choose an exchange rate that past data indicates is reasonable to expect.
  • If you cancel an open order, the funds go into your $USD Balance.  While you CAN do a Process Credit transaction to transfer the money back to PayPal, LL will charge you a 5% fee on the deal.  Also, you can't do a Process Credit transaction for amounts less than $10 USD.  I strongly recommend simply leaving the money in your $USD Balance.  The next time you buy $L, the money will be taken from there first, rather than charging your payment method.
  • Buy $L in as large a chunk as you can afford, rather than making several small buys.  That $1.49 transaction fee on purchases adds up, but by making one larger purchase instead of three or four smaller ones, you can minimize the bite.
  • Bear in mind that we here in the Answers Forum are just residents like you...so please don't blame us for "poor customer service".  Although it was suggested that you file a Support Case (use Help>Support>Create Case on this website), I doubt that LL will tell you anything different than what we've already given you.  Go ahead and try it if you want, but don't get your hopes up!
  • Rather than complaining to LL, though, I think your best option is simply to do another $L purchase using the Instant Buy option.  This would accomplish exactly what you set out to do in the first place.  Choose your amount so that only money in your $USD Balance will be used, and your payment method not charged anything additional.  Be aware that the total buy may wind up being less than the $L3000 you originally expected, due to the varying nature of the $L/$USD exchange rate.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThatlovelyKarma said:

Same , i bought a package deal that was around 5 dollars and before that i bought another package that as around 9 dollars that i never even got but it was charged to my prepaid card and has been months with no refund since august of 2023 its April now and a whole new year i want my refund please. I haven't been playing on this game since a few months ago because i never got help with this issue that still bothers me.

those deals were MONTHLY.  $5.50 per month for a Basic Premium account and $8.25 per month for Premium.  If you paid for one after the other had expired already, then you wouldn't be getting a refund for the first month.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

Hello

I placed an order to purchase 3000 Lindens but after three days and still no L in my account I decided to cancel the order, as I can use that money for something more important.

So clicked cancel, all went well, but the money has not returned to my Paypal account, but it says they are there in my US balance.

How do I get them back into my paypal account?

Never experienced buying linden would take this long, last time it took maybe at most one day, yeah not very pleased with it this time around.

So the simple question; How can I get the refund back into my paypal account?

1498576034_SmartSelect_20190630-164808_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8c0841e0905382af50307e21917e4b80.jpg

My guess is you used best buy. It does take some time to fill these depending on  the exchange rate you have requested ie; L$300/US$100 < this rate I already know will never likely be filled. 

Use the instant buy method and pay for it with your USDbalance. You will pay too higher fees to cash out a miniscule amount and it's just not worth it. 

Edited by ananoelle
Better explanation.

To transfer funds from your USD balance to PayPal you will need to submit a credit transfer request.  It would be smarter, though,  to just leave the funds where they are.  The next time you want to buy L$, LL will use your USD balance first. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

Neither of those answers are helpful, I said I wanted a refund, I paid for something I never got which is poor customer service.

So I want my money back.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

To transfer funds from your USD balance to PayPal you will need to submit a credit transfer request

1 hour ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

Neither of those answers are helpful, I said I wanted a refund, I paid for something I never got which is poor customer service.

So I want my money back.

you did not pay for something, your money was taken in escrow for a future buy of L$, you ordered to buy a portion of L$ for a certain amount, and you cancelled that because nobody wanted to sell you the L$ for a unrealistic exchange rate.
By cancelling the order your money, that was taken in escrow, is putted back on your USD balance for future use or transfer to paypal/skrill.
The transfer can only be done, when your billing cycle and limits approve it, and if the amount you want to take out, is over a certain limit, USD 10 nett after fees . ( the last only skipped if you leave SL )

Edited by Fox Wijaya

9 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

you did not pay for something, your money was taken in escrow for a future buy of L$, you ordered to buy a portion of L$ for a certain amount, and you cancelled that because nobody wanted to sell you the L$ for a unrealistic exchange rate.
By cancelling the order your money, that was taken in escrow, is putted back on your USD balance for future use or transfer to paypal/skrill.
The transfer can only be done, when your billing cycle and limits approve it, and if the amount you want to take out, is over a certain limit, USD 10 nett after fees . ( the last only skipped if you leave SL )

This is very unclearly written at the place where you buy Linden! Last time I bought close to 2000L this time it was 3000L and now I can't take my money back? I put 12 USD into that.

Through the 9 years I've been on SL I have never had an issue with the place until now

5 minutes ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

This is very unclearly written at the place where you buy Linden!

read all the notes visible at this picture, taken directly from the lindex, in special the difference just under the order .. the market buy executes your order at market rate... the limit buy executes your order at your preset rate and amount ... no direct action unless your criteria are met, just a few words different, but a total other handling of the money order.

be39a0b038e893a097d7334ca8b6f338.png

16 minutes ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

Last time I bought close to 2000L this time it was 3000L

just a tip.. do not buy this small amounts if you are able to avoid it.
A buy fee is usd 1.49 for every order, with small amounts as these that's 10% or more costs .. if you can double your buy amount the costs will already be reduced to 5%.

12 hours ago, Umeko Silvershade said:

Where do I make that request?

Submit a support ticket by login into Secondlife.com and hover over the Help tab > Select "Support" from that menu and click "Submit a Support Case" on the right hand side.

Explain the situation and they'll get back to you.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Umeko Silvershade said:

So I want my money back.

Same , i bought a package deal that was around 5 dollars and before that i bought another package that as around 9 dollars that i never even got but it was charged to my prepaid card and has been months with no refund since august of 2023 its April now and a whole new year i want my refund please. I haven't been playing on this game since a few months ago because i never got help with this issue that still bothers me.