Location, location, location

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not giving up my amazing parcel for anything. I suspect I'll have some neighbors across the way once they finish building out the continent (I'm currently on the edge of the world in Fourze) but I've got a bay on one side, a lighthouse directly in front of me, and right now, a bay on the other side. The only neighbor I currently have is the boat behind me and I never see the people. I've not counted the boats in my region, but I don't think it can be more than 6, I think. 

Once the land rush is over, I'm going to make an alt premium, I think, to snag one of the houses for a while just to play with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Wow, that's lucky to get one so quickly. Maybe more are being abandoned with the anticipated new batch release.

More likely that they are giving up Premium because of the rate increase and just waited until their time was up to vacate.     The new batches seem to be a long while off still. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

More likely that they are giving up Premium because of the rate increase and just waited until their time was up to vacate.     The new batches seem to be a long while off still. 

Yes, it can be many factors. Give up premium, struggling with only 351 LI, anger because they can't use ban lines. I think it can be the new and exiting wearing off too. I feel it on myself. Decorating the first was so exiting, I am not so exited now. Who knows. Bellezia don't fit for all tastes.

I am going to jump on super shiny new premium if it offers more LI and land for my own house, but that's in the future.

It is not impossible to get a place in Bellezia, or change, but you have to be fast and lucky.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Next hunt is for a houseboat that's not boxed in by other boats, on the edge of a line of boats, or even better, a 32 x 32 location.

Be careful with these. I have a 32x32 parcel on the end of a row, but two of the 4 houseboat designs have the big end window facing my one neighbour's boat instead of open water, meaning that I really have a choice of only 2 styles instead of 4. With the 64x16 parcels, the big end windows always face open water regardless of style. I would swap my 32x32 for a 64x16 in a heartbeat, if I could guarantee getting one, because I love the Wallow, and I can't use it on my parcel at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

only 10 on my sim for house boats. The parcel is the Buddhist center and open to public but rarely more then 4 others on the sim aroudn me. Feels lonely except when we have meditation get togethers. I'm on the outer back edge of the pickle so its a bit isolated. 

My region is also very isolated, only 12 houseboats on a remote unconnected part of the Pickle. Mine also feels lonely and I don't spend much time there except when I'm changing outfits, but I love the rest of the community. 

I am interested in Buddhism; where is the Buddhist Center in Bellisseria?

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Does anyone else abandon a home or boat, looking for the perfect location? Now that I have been in Bellisseria since April, I start to get picky.

Next hunt is for a houseboat that's not boxed in by other boats, on the edge of a line of boats, or even better, a 32 x 32 location. The perfect would be a sim with a lot of water and less than 10 boats.

My first houseboat was on the north side of Dockside and close to the end, which gave me a quick access point to open sea.  However, the front of my boat was staring at other boats, with the back of the boat being against the sand and facing towards to sea.   

image.png.b86cab7cd19c67543f05d44992ddba4d.png

Now I'm up in the NW section Sagarc, in a 32x32 spot, with 2 sides open to water.  Even though there are the same number of houseboats on the sim, it seems less laggy.

image.png.42454b277264e062ba720cc31ba82931.png

Like Karl mentioned though, only 2 of the houseboat styles are really usable there because of the orientation of the houseboats.  I mentioned in another thread that it sure would be nice if I could rotate the houseboat.  Luckily for me, I was already wanting to use Barnacle and that is one of the styles that is properly oriented on the parcel to get sea views.

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Like Karl mentioned though, only 2 of the houseboat styles are really usable there because of the orientation of the houseboats.  I mentioned in another thread that it sure would be nice if I could rotate the houseboat.  Luckily for me, I was already wanting to use Barnacle and that is one of the styles that is properly oriented on the parcel to get sea views.

Yes, this is true. In my new place, it is only the Evening Star that works. But it does not hold any sentimental value for me, this spot. So I decorate Evening Star, and go hunting again.

One can be lucky and find a 32 x 32 that work well, but they are rare. I have seen a few, maybe 1 of 10 boats is 32 x 32 and 1 of them again has an ideal spot without being built in between others.

Listen to me, lol. Spoiled much? It took 2 months and now I want not only a boat, but a fantastic spot...

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On April 26th my alt was fortunate enough to snag a houseboat that someone abandoned on the Double region.  There are a total of 8 houseboats on the atoll, with the rest being open water and an unobstructed view of the sea.  In the first photo my Windlass is the Mango colored one on the right.  In the second photo you can see there is a nice size beach area and plenty of other seating options along the atoll.  My windlass houseboat is on the far right in this photo.  The region Gaim is in the background and you can see the community pool.  Further in the background is undeveloped land for future Linden Homes.  I don't see my alt abandoning this parcel anytime in the future.  In my opinion she hit the jackpot.

Double_001a.png

Double_002a.png

• Like 5

On 6/18/2019 at 3:08 AM, Marianne Little said:

ISo I had an alt hunting the home pages site, and he found me a place with a house, the sim has only 4 houseboats, and view over water. Even a view to a lighthouse.

Edited by Tequlia Tapioca

On 6/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

My first houseboat was on the north side of Dockside and close to the end, which gave me a quick access point to open sea.  However, the front of my boat was staring at other boats, with the back of the boat being against the sand and facing towards to sea.   

Now I'm up in the NW section Sagarc, in a 32x32 spot, with 2 sides open to water.  Even though there are the same number of houseboats on the sim, it seems less laggy.

Hello neighbour! I'm up in the set of houseboats below:) I would have loved your spot! Well done. If you ever plan on abandoning let me know!!😁

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.