Location, location, location

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have started fishing for better locations.

I had a very nice location for a house in Evallen, but after counting the houseboats, I found out it was 20 or perhaps 22 houseboats in the sim. Other sims had better FPS for me.

So I had an alt hunting the home pages site, and he found me a place with a house, the sim has only 4 houseboats, and view over water. Even a view to a lighthouse.

Does anyone else abandon a home or boat, looking for the perfect location? Now that I have been in Bellisseria since April, I start to get picky.

Next hunt is for a houseboat that's not boxed in by other boats, on the edge of a line of boats, or even better, a 32 x 32 location. The perfect would be a sim with a lot of water and less than 10 boats.

I can even wait until a third homes option comes out, because now I feel the anticipation of landing a dream spot.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 9

Next hunt is for a houseboat that's not boxed in by other boats, on the edge of a line of boats, or even better, a 32 x 32 location. The perfect would be a sim with a lot of water and less than 10 boats.

Yeah that's kinda my ideal location too. I have seen some dream ones but my spot is really quite good so I'm not risking abandoning now. I've got a 32x32 so happy with that, and would want to get another one if I did change,  with no boats on one side overlooking a fair stretch of open water, and sand banks behind. I might in the future hunt around a bit and see if any become vacant, but that would be a long way off when the land grab period is over and the novelty of new homes has worn off. I reckon then there may be more options (just like now with the first gen homes...).

But who knows what's coming in terms of themes, maybe there'll be other ones I love better (but I'm doubtful :)  )

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

I'm kind of glad now that I didn't queue up for the whole new home/houseboat thing when the first batch was released. Now I'm hearing of people abandoning them and moving on - I've no idea why, though. Perhaps it's the ban on banlines? It certainly put me off wanting to live in the new areas. Give me the old homes in the old sections any day if it means I can keep creepy stalkers out with in-your-face banlines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I'm kind of glad now that I didn't queue up for the whole new home/houseboat thing when the first batch was released. Now I'm hearing of people abandoning them and moving on - I've no idea why, though. Perhaps it's the ban on banlines? It certainly put me off wanting to live in the new areas. Give me the old homes in the old sections any day if it means I can keep creepy stalkers out with in-your-face banlines.

I noticed that one of my neighbors left, and someone else snagged the spot. 

10 minutes ago, EnchantrixBrighton said:

I noticed that one of my neighbors left, and someone else snagged the spot. 

lol Yes, I can imagine. It's not for everyone, I guess; for others, it's the bees knees. Glad they're creating them though :)

• Like 1

Congrats on finding one so fast, that is really awesome :)  I'm sticking it out on my parcel, I have grown attached to it, plus it has a lot of sentimental value.  I was so excited when I got it, and still feel excited about it.  I think I will grow old and retire there, surrounded by a bunch of kittycats 😁

Plus, I'm really happy with my location.  There are a ton of rivers near my home, all within walking distance, I think I got really lucky on my first attempt.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

They could have alts searching for a better location. I hate ban lines personally so I'm glad theres a place that doesnt allow them. Each to their own tho. Lucky sl has a little something for everyone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ananoelle said:

They could have alts searching for a better location. I hate ban lines personally so I'm glad theres a place that doesnt allow them. Each to their own tho. Lucky sl has a little something for everyone. 

I believe that's what Mariann said she has her alt do, too.

I don't see banlines myself - FS Viewer allows you to turn them off (World > Show More > Banlines) but yeah, each to their own. I prefer not having stalker dude with his army of alts hanging about while I'm doing my work, so I'm grateful for banlines as I know many victims of his obvious depravity are.

7 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I don't see banlines myself - FS Viewer allows you to turn them off (World > Show More > Banlines) but yeah, each to their own. I prefer not having stalker dude with his army of alts hanging about while I'm doing my work, so I'm grateful for banlines as I know many victims of his obvious depravity are.

Yeah I disabled seeing them also but I would hit them while out exploring which was a pain. No warning orbs were worse.

I know the pain with creeps. 

• Like 1

Just now, ananoelle said:

Yeah I disabled seeing them also but I would hit them while out exploring which was a pain. No warning orbs were worse.

I know the pain with creeps. 

haha  - know exactly what you mean! Head banger, much? ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

A lot of abandonments right now are people abandoning early so they are ready to try and grab one of the new houses or boats from the new batch. If you abandon early(and everybody else does too) you all have less of a chance of landing in an older area.

1 minute ago, s2Pandora said:

A lot of abandonments right now are people abandoning early so they are ready to try and grab one of the new houses or boats from the new batch. If you abandon early(and everybody else does too) you all have less of a chance of landing in an older area.

Ahh I see - that explains it - thank you :) I shan't even try - bought mainland (or is it 'madlands'?) anyway.

3 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I used to be you. From wanting the security of my access list down to the stalker with the army of alts. I got a house in the first round not knowing that 24 hours later my access list would be gone. That's actually how I found the forums when I googled this "bug" that was not a bug. I almost left Bellisseria over it. But I didn't. Instead, I joined the 2 large community groups. I explored the neighborhood. I made friends and immersed myself in this awesome community.

For a while I had a security orb but its been collecting dust since the first week. I've only had one real issue with a moron that didn't even live here. And one very entertaining morning a few days later.  For you, if your stalker is still very much active I can totally understand the reservations because I have been there. For all I know, my ex could be dead. He hasn't tried to get to me in a few years now. The fear is still there, I think it always will be. Any time someone appears next to me without warning I will always have the mouse ready to eject and ban, but with the friends I have made, I feel safer in Bellisseria than anywhere else on the grid.

• Like 1

As to the OP question, yes. I have an alt with a home while Zoya hunts for her perfect location. Once I find it, who knows what the alt will do because maintaining 2 homes, for me, is a headache. Maybe I will finally put a store somewhere? Or she can lounge around Zoyas house collecting her pension (stipend) until her premium runs out. Ill figure it out later lol

17 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I used to be you. From wanting the security of my access list down to the stalker with the army of alts. I got a house in the first round not knowing that 24 hours later my access list would be gone. That's actually how I found the forums when I googled this "bug" that was not a bug. I almost left Bellisseria over it. But I didn't. Instead, I joined the 2 large community groups. I explored the neighborhood. I made friends and immersed myself in this awesome community.

For a while I had a security orb but its been collecting dust since the first week. I've only had one real issue with a moron that didn't even live here. And one very entertaining morning a few days later.  For you, if your stalker is still very much active I can totally understand the reservations because I have been there. For all I know, my ex could be dead. He hasn't tried to get to me in a few years now. The fear is still there, I think it always will be. Any time someone appears next to me without warning I will always have the mouse ready to eject and ban, but with the friends I have made, I feel safer in Bellisseria than anywhere else on the grid.

That's great news - so glad it worked out well for you, Zoya ♥

• Thanks 1

Auto Refresh plus let me see that it's not just one house or boat once in a while. Before this boat, last night (my time) I got a house. I didn't see it was a house and not a boat. I don't take time to read when Bellisseria comes up. Not a bad location, if this was the house I got in April, I would be so happy. I teleported in and abandoned it.

That's one house and one boat in less than 12 hours. And I am sure some was abandoned when I slept. (I sleep when USA is awake)

Before my alt got one, he saw at least 10, maybe 15 that he lost, because it took time practicing to be fast enough. I have to click as fast as a machine.

added a bit more text
  • Like 1

I don't think it's people leaving Bellisseria. Instead, I think it's mostly people deciding to play the lottery and fish for a new location in Belli that they think they might like better. One person's "excellent" location is another person's "meh" or "ick" location. I think you also get people who "catch and release". So some house (or houseboat) might become available, then get nabbed by someone, then quickly abandoned (or after several days) by the same person, and then it comes up again a few hours later for someone else.  Musical chairs.

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 2

only 10 on my sim for house boats. The parcel is the Buddhist center and open to public but rarely more then 4 others on the sim aroudn me. Feels lonely except when we have meditation get togethers. I'm on the outer back edge of the pickle so its a bit isolated. 

Edited by anthonytorino

I spent some time in a group that had a houseboat in Brodovima, where one of the Salty Pickles are. The Pickle would sometimes host a large dance party. So LOTS of people in the sim. And like 15 or so houseboats in that sim too? I remember running script checkers and sim lag checkers when The Pickle would have a huge party going on, and it really wasn't that bad.

So even the sims with a fair number of house plots seem to be load-balanced pretty well, IMO. I've seen WAY worse performance in mainland plots, even when there was nobody else in the sim at all.

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

only 10 on my sim for house boats. The parcel is the Buddhist center and open to public but rarely more then 4 others on the sim aroudn me. Feels lonely except when we have meditation get togethers. I'm on the outer back edge of the pickle so its a bit isolated. 

I'm up in the corner, not far from Buddhist center. Pretty quiet here too.  But I don't mind that too much, I like to go exploring and see other places.

• Like 1

Performance is a factor, but not all. I did also move because the first boat was crammed in with the others, like drawers in a wardrobe. Instead of a step line. The next was not a straight row, but was so close to other boats, I think I could spit over to the other side... ( yes, exaggerated, but still ) More open water between look better.

I think some abandon because they are used to 1000 LI or more, and they can't make do with 351 LI. If I should rez a 130 LI boat, a 22 LI bed, a 55 LI kitchen, and so on, I would run out of LI so fast.

I have lots of low LI furniture, but even I miss to could use a 5 LI lantern instead of a 2 LI, a 18 LI bed instead of a 6 LI, carpets more than 1 LI.

I can not utilize my inventory, it is so many things I like, but they eat up LI. I will need more in the future, but for now, the hunt after a good location is keeping me interested.

grammar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.