I am leaving SL, for good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gosh. With attitudes towards women like these, it's hard to imagine why the women aren't tripping over themselves to knock on your doors, right?

You mean they are not?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're asking me? You don't know?

I was probing to see what might be behind your original comment on the matter, which had made me curious. 

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gosh. With attitudes towards women like these, it's hard to imagine why the women aren't tripping over themselves to knock on your doors, right?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

I was probing to see what might be behind your original comment on the matter, which had made me curious.

I was referencing this remark -- and indeed, quoted it -- because it seems, in an admittedly "jokey" way, to be a just a tad misogynist:

9 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

We just pretend to have free girlfriends.  Everybody pays for it one way or another. 

Possibly I am misunderstanding the implication of this "joke"? That women make you "pay" for being their girlfriends, presumably by being demanding or difficult in some way or another?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I was referencing this remark -- and indeed, quoted it -- because it seems, in an admittedly "jokey" way, to be a just a tad misogynist:

Possibly I am misunderstanding the implication of this "joke"? That women make you "pay" for being their girlfriends, presumably by being demanding or difficult in some way or another?

The topic is well worn.  Google the following keywords and you'll get a variety of analyses and opinions, but to me it seems the majority believe it is far from free.

Keywords for your search engine: how much does it cost to have a girlfriend

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Erwin Solo said:

The topic is well worn.  Google the following keywords and you'll get a variety of analyses and opinions, but to me it seems the majority believe it is far from free.

Yeah, thanks Erwin. I really don't need to read the take of the internet Incel community on how awful women are. This kind of nonsense gets thrown in our faces on a regular basis without having to look for it, so I think I'll pass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, thanks Erwin. I really don't need to read the take of the internet Incel community on how awful women are. This kind of nonsense gets thrown in our faces on a regular basis without having to look for it, so I think I'll pass.

I didn't get any hits on incel.  Mostly hits from men who have girlfriends and have to navigate modern norms, which mostly involve spending a lot and pretending you don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Erwin Solo said:

I didn't get any hits on incel.  Mostly hits from men who have girlfriends and have to navigate modern norms, which mostly involve spending a lot and pretending you don't.

Oh, so just good old fashioned misogyny then.

Nice. I'll still pass.

Have a lovely day, and good luck finding an "inexpensive" girlfriend. It shouldn't be too hard: the shelves are well-stocked with women suffering from low self-esteem, thanks in large measure to attitudes like yours.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, so just good old fashioned misogyny then.

Nice. I'll still pass.

Have a lovely day, and good luck finding an "inexpensive" girlfriend. It shouldn't be too hard: the shelves are well-stocked with women suffering from low self-esteem, thanks in large measure to attitudes like yours.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinkshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

Keywords for your search engine: how much does it cost to be a girl

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry, I misused my words. I didn't mean to be in misogynist way. What I meant was  

"May I have your Linden dollar? 

I need it to get a girlfriend , I don't know how to get a girlfriend without some form of currency."

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eternal4All said:

I'm sorry, I misused my words. I didn't mean to be in misogynist way. What I meant was  

"May I have your Linden dollar? 

I need it to get a girlfriend , I don't know how to get a girlfriend without some form of currency."

Quality time does not require currency. Just be yourself. The right one will come along at the right time. Just don't try to force it to happen. 

The more you look for love, the more elusive love becomes.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Quality time does not require currency. Just be yourself. The right one will come along at the right time. Just don't try to force it to happen. 

The more you look for love, the more elusive love becomes.

That's so true if I lived in the jungle and  free from any mean of currency. I would be like a Tarzan met a lovely Lady Greystoke.

I know what you meant, but I meant the other way to survive in this city to live to have a girlfriend.

Edited by Eternal4All
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eternal4All said:

Yeah, it happens. Look like we need to think carefully before typing out loud 🙂.

You can't really protect yourself when someone throws the M-word.  You are expected to grovel, and if you don't they get really mad. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

You can't really protect yourself when someone throws the M-word.  You are expected to grovel, and if you don't they get really mad. 😊

No grovelling expected OR desired, thank you very much. What would be nice is not to be treated like some commodity that needs to be "paid for."

Geez, Erwin. You seem very grumpy today. Has there been a sudden rise in the price of silks or something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Eternal4All said:

I don't know how to get a girlfriend without some form of currency.

Eternal, what Selene said.

I don't understand why you feel you need "some form of currency" to find a girlfriend. I've been in two relationships in SL, and never expected to be paid, treated to gifts, or receive anything other than love, respect, and support from my partner.

And that's all YOU need, to find a girlfriend. Anyone you approach who expects more is probably not someone you should be interested in anyway -- unless it is your particular kink to play a "Sugar Daddy." But then, you're not really looking for a "girlfriend" in that case, are you?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eternal4All said:

That's so true if I lived in the jungle and  free from any mean of currency. I would be like a Tarzan met a lovely Lady Greystoke.

I know what you meant, but I meant the other way to survive in this city to live to have a girlfriend.

You certainly won't ever learn anything about women if you won't even listen to what a woman is telling you about women. Your loss, not mine.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You certainly won't ever learn anything about women if you won't even listen to what a woman is telling you about women. Your loss, not mine.

Thanks for that comment, I heard that somewhere before but I forgot to embed in my mind. I need to remember that. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.