I am leaving SL, for good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

And although I did have one brush with BDSM here in my early days... (unexpectedly), I'm way off understanding what it's about, and don't feel a compelling need to read up on it.

For me, it took finding the right person, a lot of time and plenty of discussion about what was happening. 

Norman and his hate-filled screed have nothing to contribute. 

• Like 3

In fact, I initially tried Gor because I had some vague submissive fantasies that I didn't really understand and wanted to explore. It made me decide that actually I wasn't into this after all and it was indeed completely messed up. When talking to the man who would eventually become my Dom, I mentioned my experience of the books and culture. He replied, "Well, I don't know about any of that but it explains why they seem to be such a bunch of...annoying people."

(Actually he said something else, but mods are probably reading.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 2

My only experience with Gor was early on when I went looking for belly dance skirts and animations. It's something I've enjoyed irl and wanted to see what SL had. Unfortunately, most of the places that sell those styles are associated with Gor culture. I was approached several times, passed notecards outlining the "rules" etc. I try not to judge others for their kink and being dominated just isn't my thing. 

That was a long time ago. I wonder if they are are new mesh belly dance items? 

*wanders off to shop*

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you, Kanry.

I'm quite happy to see this thread fall off the front page naturally: I don't have anything to add to what has already been said.

But, like you, I don't like one person taking it upon himself to decide what the rest of us should or should not read.

Ironically it probably would have dropped off fairly soon naturally if nothing was done, looking like it might linger now

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.