The Bellisseria Cat

Zero Starchild

On 5/29/2019 at 11:24 PM, BJoyful said:

Finally a close-up!   Rex!!!

de5e2e6963aa750284ff9d847549c314.gif

Beach coffee gathering and a fish for The Bellisseria Cat! ♥♥ <º))))><.·´¯`·. 

Rex= The real and original Bellisseria Cat. Started out as Second Norway Cat in 2011 and then moved to the mainland before crossing over in an abandoned Kayak on April 15th, 2019 to Bellisseria. Those in the know remember the real deal.

Edited by Ziggy Starsmith
  • Haha 2

Well, I really cannot tell which one was first, I do not have the info. But what I do know is that I looooove there are cats in Belli, the more the merrier, even if that means more than one would be using my plants as toilet.... I would just have to vacuum cat hair more often 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Rex= The real and original Bellisseria Cat. Started out as Second Norway Cat in 2011 and then moved to the mainland before crossing over in an abandoned Kayak on April 15th, 2019 to Bellisseria. Those in the know remember the real deal.

I don't see the need to be so competitive about the "REAL" cat. It comes off as petty tbh.

Why is it such a big deal? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't see the need to be so competitive about the "REAL" cat. It comes off as petty tbh.

^^  This

It ends up sounding like a bunch of posturing to get some desperately needed attention or such.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It is not.

I once saw people freak out on another guy at the fairgrounds who showed up in a squirrel avatar. Wasn't trying to be the one everybody else knew, but they all freaked out on him none the less.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, RitaCallisto said:

It is not.

I once saw people freak out on another guy at the fairgrounds who showed up in a squirrel avatar. Wasn't trying to be the one everybody else knew, but they all freaked out on him none the less.

That's absolutely pathetic behavior, particularly if we stop and consider that we are allegedly all adults in RL. 

No one here has a copyright on any "character", avatar, etc. If 1,000 of us want to be cats, then we can be cats. Same goes for squirrels, old ladies (Hi, Granny! ❤️ ), or anything else.

That is kind of the whole POINT of SL, after all. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I was sitting in a region,on a porch ( ok, I was praying for its release,lol) and went afk for a few.  I came back to an adorable calico named Grumpy napping in the sun next to me. I was enchanted! White-listing-it-enchanted:)  I think all cats who inhabit Bellisseria are Bellisserian cats. Js:)

• Like 9

Why can't we just all agree that every cat first or last that enters Bellisseria is pretty darn awesome because they are taking the time to wander around and explore? Even seeking out lucky hoomans to say hello too? All the animals from the cats, squirrels, hamsters, foxes, hippos and all the others add something magical to Bellisseria. All of them count! It doesn't matter when they entered the scene. It just matters that they are here.

It makes me happy that the people behind these critters are taking time out of their schedule to be part of Bellisseria. They bring so much to our virtual world and it shouldn't be a competition if that is really the tone it is beginning to take. 

I just feel that making it a competition ruins the genuine beauty of it. Please forgive me if I come off harsh. It isn't meant to.

Edited by LyricalBookworm
Adding an apology.
  • Like 10

21 hours ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Why can't we just all agree that every cat first or last that enters Bellisseria is pretty darn awesome because they are taking the time to wander around and explore? Even seeking out lucky hoomans to say hello too? All the animals from the cats, squirrels, hamsters, foxes, hippos and all the others add something magical to Bellisseria. All of them count! It doesn't matter when they entered the scene. It just matters that they are here.

It makes me happy that the people behind these critters are taking time out of their schedule to be part of Bellisseria. They bring so much to our virtual world and it shouldn't be a competition if that is really the tone it is beginning to take. 

I just feel that making it a competition ruins the genuine beauty of it. Please forgive me if I come off harsh. It isn't meant to.

I agree.  Some are making it about competition and arguing about being the first and rolling eyes...omg, guys, it's just a place for people to interact and socialize, and in this time of social distancing and uncertainty, don't we need that?  We don't need the drama.

Edited by Eliza Cabassoun
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, we ARE dealing with cats here :)

A REAL cat would not be worrying about whether it was first. It knows its own worth and doesn't care what others think. ;) 

ETA: Now that I think about it, the desperate need for attention is a dog trait. Just sayin'!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

A REAL cat would not be worrying about whether it was first. It knows its own worth and doesn't care what others think. ;) 

ETA: Now that I think about it, the desperate need for attention is a dog trait. Just sayin'!

Actually real cats are territorial and will scratch your eyes out if you touch my trash can 😉

• Haha 1

Perhaps they are actually the same cat with two personalities. We are heading to another thread being closed, and it would be the third in a week in the Linden home forums; we have enough with RL confinement xDxDxD  Love you all

giphy.gif

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Actually I have had cats in my household my entire life, and I know what I am talking about.

Rolls eyes. 

The original Bellisseria Cat was an alley cat, skiddish and did not enter homes or sit on people's heads. He was a true roll play wild animal. He only interacted with other animals by running and hiding and stalking. He was not a "cartoon"  

Rolls eyes at you, giggles and walks away.

46 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

The original Bellisseria Cat was an alley cat, skiddish and did not enter homes or sit on people's heads. He was a true roll play wild animal. He only interacted with other animals by running and hiding and stalking. He was not a "cartoon"  

Rolls eyes at you, giggles and walks away.

I swear, I'm gonna send my cat alt (yes, I have had one this whole time, and yes, she occasionally roams Ballisseria, and no, it's not Eliza), and come use your new camper lot as a sandbox! (I know where it is, you know, since I used to live there!)  😝

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I swear, I'm gonna send my cat alt (yes, I have had one this whole time, and yes, she occasionally roams Ballisseria, and no, it's not Eliza), and come use your new camper lot as a sandbox! (I know where it is, you know, since I used to live there!)  😝

LOL oh nooooooooooo....your welcome to use it as a sandbox, I love animals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

LOL oh nooooooooooo....your welcome to use it as a sandbox, I love animals.

So do I, but I will have to have a little talk with her first, since I remember a time where Rex was parading around with a litter of kittens following him. She'll need to keep her legs crossed if she visits! 

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...