Just a curiosity......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've not blocked anyone. There were a couple whom I was considering blocking but they seem to have disappeared of their own accord, maybe a bit of Darwinism in action. And nothing of value was lost.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are 6 people on mine, one of which is a permanent block. The rest are there to remind me to not "take the bait" before reading the post.

Did I make the list? I guess if you answer then I'm not that special. 😕 LOL

OT: I don't think I have anyone on the forums blocked. In-world only a handful. And that's usually for annoying things like Gesture-Spamming and stuff.

I'm just to curious to see whatever goes on to actually block someone. Never blocked one on the forums or SL yet (except some scam item send accounts).

Do you just see like [blocked]  wherever that person posts? Or just not show up entirely at all anymore, leaving gaps in topics?

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I'm just to curious to see whatever goes on to actually block someone. Never blocked one on the forums or SL yet (except some scam item send accounts).

Do you just see like [blocked]  wherever that person posts? Or just not show up entirely at all anymore, leaving gaps in topics?

image.png.d8d654cd55c91b21c0bdc97701fd173a.png This is what you will see if you are ignoring someone's posts. It falls inbetween the posts you can see and if you aren't looking for it, it can be easily overlooked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

This is a larger pic of what Selene is talking about.  Here I added Alyona to ignore like I joked about.

https://gyazo.com/482befef9f82397f9d22fd38e94489d4

[ETA]
The options button on the ignored post lets you see that post, remove that person from the list or change what all you are ignoring of them

When you add someone to ignore you have the options to ignore their post, ignore their IM's, just ignore their signatures or to ignore their @mentions (not sure what that does).  All in a list of check boxes to pick the ones you want.

It used to be that if you had someone on ignore and they quoted you it still showed up in notifications that so-and-so quoted you but I am not sure if it is still that way.

Anyway, that's the ignore feature. 

What I would love to see is the ability to ignore a thread and not just a user.  That way it doesn't keep popping up as an unread thread.  Just ignore and let it die, so to speak.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.