-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

One of the best, if not the best transformations of a sand ground to lush garden - are you using the moss prim under the house, so you get the nice ground?

The kitchen is really lovely too. I can't guess where it and the butcher block comes from. And I have many kitchens.

I think that's the Retro Kitchen from Trompe Loeil. I'd like to know who made the fresh cut flowers sign! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

One of the best, if not the best transformations of a sand ground to lush garden - are you using the moss prim under the house, so you get the nice ground?

The kitchen is really lovely too. I can't guess where it and the butcher block comes from. And I have many kitchens.

Thanks Marianne. I also have probably every kitchen made. I cook in RL - so, I'm obsessed.

That one is Trompe Loeil. Wound up being perfect for that space and prim-wise not too bad. I removed the stuff inside the cabinets which was 9 prims of dishes. I'll put my own stuff into it - I prefer decorative things like interesting ceramic pots and stuff. 

The butcher block is from Dahlia (Hiraeth set), was a recent gacha from...ummmm. errrr...can't remember now. Very recent though.  Oh wait The Arcade! I actually got in like the moment it opened the other day for the first time EVER. 

The landscaping I compromised on. On the land I pay for - I put down high quality stuff but in Bellisseria, to get the look I want who can waste 10 prims or more on a tree? Suddenly occurred to me to try using one of my Two Moon Gardens paths and see how that would work - not mesh - but lush for days. I had trouble getting it into place as it kept knocking up agains tthe protected land (and honestly some of it is in it but the main prim is on my land) so it worked. It didn't sit exactly right so I also made a small concrete "step" to hide the fact that it was slightly above grade.

Then, I ripped apart one of the paths and used it piece by piece for the front yard area. I also used some various grasses from other creators pushing them out as far as possible under the brick Linden supplied wall so that it creeps through, giving it again thicker planting than one would think possible.

The other side of the doesn't have much going on yet but, it had the view of a small canal there and Linden trees and rocks already so I might just call it a day unless I have some prims left at the end to spare.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think that's the Retro Kitchen from Trompe Loeil. I'd like to know who made the fresh cut flowers sign! 

That was a gacha, from *PM*  (Paper Moon)

That one I really can't remember where it came from, was a couple of months ago.

There was a whole set, honey, dairy, beef, organic,.eggs, grains, preserves, etc. They are very cute!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Working on the thrice damned add-on.

I have a LI of 32, almost* working physics, stairs, railing and it all. But I have holes in my window trim, that I made myself to keep LI down. And since I link most in Blender to save LI, I must do a lot of work in Blender. Again. 😥

Well, I can do more, then. A better opening for the stair. Adjusting the height of the first floor. A better joint roof part. Et cetera, et cetera. I am not sure if I like or hate this add-on.

* the second floor is not working correct

If you will come to point and laugh, it is at : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foxbridge/126/15/28

curset add-on_001.png

curset add-on_002.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I have a LI of 32, almost* working physics, stairs, railing and it all. But I have holes in my window trim, that I made myself to keep LI down. And since I link most in Blender to save LI, I must do a lot of work in Blender. Again. 😥

Well, I can do more, then. A better opening for the stair. Adjusting the height of the first floor. A better joint roof part. Et cetera, et cetera. I am not sure if I like or hate this add-on.

If you will come to point and laugh, it is at : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foxbridge/126/15/28

curset add-on_001.png

curset add-on_002.png

LOL, I feel your pain, I've been working on a complex build from Blender and I was having real issues with phantom walls and floors.  I think trying to keep LI down causes it's own issues

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, Marianne Little said:

curset add-on_001.png

curset add-on_002.png

Giving comments most of which you know already :)

Yes, the stairs are a bit "tight". When you land on the 2nd floor, you do need more space to make the turn into the room.

I LOVE that you have a balcony up there, facing the other side of the house. One of the problems of  Winchester is that if your backyard view is kind of meh, you are stuck with the balcony view as is. Having one out front is such a great option. I remember one of the house sites I had had a slight view of the ocean from the front but only a rock wall out the back. What I wouldn't have given to have that front balcony at that location - I might have stayed there.  I also like that you flanked the French door with the 2 smaller windows.

However, the back wall desperately needs a window. The elevation from the rear is very blank looking. And while it helps for furniture placement inside, I do think it could use more light coming in from the rear.

I really like the downstairs. Love the skylight - it's different from most and I like that it isn't the entire space. and the shadows it casts on the floor are wonderful. However, I'd ditch the small middle window on the right side of the room and just leave the other 2 larger ones (better for furniture). Perhaps instead, add it to the back wall, again similar to the bedroom so that the rear exterior has light coming in but there's another reason for this (I'm being designy here) - you want to maintain a similar elevation to the main house so that the entire 2 structures have a relation to each other. Having the addition with no windows in the back looks unfinished. Interestingly, removing that middle window from the other wall downstairs doesn't bother me as much since you have the other 2 larger ones to balance out the window on the 2nd floor.

Anyway, I think you'll have a much more refined appearance if you add a couple of windows to that back wall on the 1st floor.

I know nothing about how many prims this will add/subtract. I'm just thinking from an architectural point of view.

If you ever finish this, and I finally get another home site I love (working on it, hoping for a sandy site near the water to round out my holdings) I'd love to get back to using the Winchester and will surely purchase this from you. It will be great once you get the kinks worked out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I modified a bit the pergola add-on in the entrance side of my Winchester house, and turned the pergola it into a balcony.
Now I have nice view from this balcony towards the channel in the west and the sea in the south. There are lots of boats occasionally sailing by.
This is a night view, the moon is up in the sky and lots local lights are on. My neighbour appears to like Winchester house too - and in red. 😁

2019-09-05_Winchester_Entrance-balcony.thumb.jpg.ab4bc084eaabf7bc0d4895759484748e.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Giving comments most of which you know already :)

Yes, the stairs are a bit "tight". When you land on the 2nd floor, you do need more space to make the turn into the room.

I LOVE that you have a balcony up there, facing the other side of the house. One of the problems of  Winchester is that if your backyard view is kind of meh, you are stuck with the balcony view as is. Having one out front is such a great option. I remember one of the house sites I had had a slight view of the ocean from the front but only a rock wall out the back. What I wouldn't have given to have that front balcony at that location - I might have stayed there.  I also like that you flanked the French door with the 2 smaller windows.

However, the back wall desperately needs a window. The elevation from the rear is very blank looking. And while it helps for furniture placement inside, I do think it could use more light coming in from the rear.

I really like the downstairs. Love the skylight - it's different from most and I like that it isn't the entire space. and the shadows it casts on the floor are wonderful. However, I'd ditch the small middle window on the right side of the room and just leave the other 2 larger ones (better for furniture). Perhaps instead, add it to the back wall, again similar to the bedroom so that the rear exterior has light coming in but there's another reason for this (I'm being designy here) - you want to maintain a similar elevation to the main house so that the entire 2 structures have a relation to each other. Having the addition with no windows in the back looks unfinished. Interestingly, removing that middle window from the other wall downstairs doesn't bother me as much since you have the other 2 larger ones to balance out the window on the 2nd floor.

Anyway, I think you'll have a much more refined appearance if you add a couple of windows to that back wall on the 1st floor.

I know nothing about how many prims this will add/subtract. I'm just thinking from an architectural point of view.

If you ever finish this, and I finally get another home site I love (working on it, hoping for a sandy site near the water to round out my holdings) I'd love to get back to using the Winchester and will surely purchase this from you. It will be great once you get the kinks worked out.

I wonder how you like this. It is actually my previous version, not a new one. The widow walk will follow the house, I just did not place it out now. It will be an optional "lookout" and will be reached by teleport. No stairs here! It is well inside the 15 m height limit, and I could add a roof for protection and also make it a bit more cozy.

I had a huge window on the second floor, because I didn't think about it as a bedroom. I removed the window because I thought about closets. But I agree, it does not look nice from the outside.I found out that the building looked "top heavy" and removed the large window on the second floor and replaced it with a small one. It looks a bit sad now.

I think it will look good with the two small ones moved up, and only the two large windows downstairs.

I didn't center the double doors to the backyard, because it leaves me with two small walls on each side, hopeless for furniture. It is also popular with elevated pools. I am going to use it for a pool myself. This is building for me, selling isn't an option. Yet. It must be better. I have seen some strange things sold, but that's them. Not me.

What do you think?

Ribbet Edit.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

I love this build! If you sold it I would buy it ... if not ...

The more room you have the more room you have to furnish with your prims.

For me as a single woman plus my five sisters and one brother (who are nearly never inworld at the same time due to just one woman at the keybord for all of them) I find the Winchester big enough or the Continental, except for a bath or a kitchen or a porch.

So I did buy a number of addons but the very big ones are more for a family home.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I love this build! If you sold it I would buy it ... if not ...

The more room you have the more room you have to furnish with your prims.

For me as a single woman plus my five sisters and one brother (who are nearly never inworld at the same time due to just one woman at the keybord for all of them) I find the Winchester big enough or the Continental, except for a bath or a kitchen or a porch.

So I did buy a number of addons but the very big ones are more for a family home.

I see the Winchester as a practical house, the Continental that I have up now is the best looking (with the wrap around porch). I have lots of flowers in the garden now, when/if I put down this add-on, there will be fewer flowers, so I have some LI for decorating the inside.

The big room in the original Winchester downstairs has always been dark. If/when I finish this add-on, I will place a wall in it so I have a big bathroom. It is fine with one small window in a bathroom. The other part of the room can be a laundry room or just a room I walk through into the add-on. The room with three windows in the original Winchester, will be an office or library. The original second floor... Gee, I will probably have run out of prims and will hang curtains so it looks nicer from the outside.

I just mention again, the plot where this add-on is now, isn't my place, but the building plot an alt holds. Or else you wil find it odd that I have big windows in this location, it is not a special view. My place has free sight over the ocean on that side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I wonder how you like this. It is actually my previous version, not a new one. The widow walk will follow the house, I just did not place it out now. It will be an optional "lookout" and will be reached by teleport. No stairs here! It is well inside the 15 m height limit, and I could add a roof for protection and also make it a bit more cozy.

I had a huge window on the second floor, because I didn't think about it as a bedroom. I removed the window because I thought about closets. But I agree, it does not look nice from the outside.I found out that the building looked "top heavy" and removed the large window on the second floor and replaced it with a small one. It looks a bit sad now.

I think it will look good with the two small ones moved up, and only the two large windows downstairs.

I didn't center the double doors to the backyard, because it leaves me with two small walls on each side, hopeless for furniture. It is also popular with elevated pools. I am going to use it for a pool myself. This is building for me, selling isn't an option. Yet. It must be better. I have seen some strange things sold, but that's them. Not me.

What do you think?

Ribbet Edit.jpg

Ok, I get your point about the pool area. That makes sense. I see so many people who use them. I've wanted to but haven't been able to justify the prims usage for myself. 

It also, thinking about it, would be a good place to put a large outdoor wall sized fireplace. I have one of those (Galland maybe? Off hand don't remember the brand) and that looks like a great spot for it, buiilding a patio area from those French doors, some greenery around it. I can visualize it easily.

I like the vertical planks, keep those. It brings the eye up. 

Third photo to me does not look top heavy. 

But, personally no fan of having to teleport into parts of a house.  And a widow's walk wouldn't be an accurate architectural element of this type of house.  To me, the Winchester seems kind of IDK, vaguely modified Craftsman - the floor plan actually reminds me of my RL house a lot. The widow's walk is great on the Continental house, which is quite Victorian when dolled up correctly but here, to my eye, seems more like a "folly". I think if you're even remotely considering selling this down the road people are going to be much happier with a front balcony.

As for strange things sold - gosh, yes, I hear you on that. I've complained enough here about some of them. My pet peeves in SL home building are things out of scale or out of context. It's why I tend to always purchase houses from the same people over and over, because once I find a creator who gets it right, I'm very loyal to them (PLUG for those with Mainland and Private Estate Homes: L2 Studio is one of them and no I do not know the creator personally - just adore her houses). I don't mind mixing design styles (in fact "Modern Victorian" is a favorite of mine) but things should have to relate to one another on some level when mixing styles. 

Again my 2 cents for what they are worth :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ok, I get your point about the pool area. That makes sense. I see so many people who use them. I've wanted to but haven't been able to justify the prims usage for myself. 

I remember that @Coby Fodenhas built her pool based on a free 2 LI pool. I have bought a 2 LI pool from DO designs, thinking it can be my Belli pool. It is a very plain pool, but intergrated in a deck, it can look much better and only a few LI more.

But, personally no fan of having to teleport into parts of a house.  And a widow's walk wouldn't be an accurate architectural element of this type of house.  To me, the Winchester seems kind of IDK, vaguely modified Craftsman - the floor plan actually reminds me of my RL house a lot. The widow's walk is great on the Continental house, which is quite Victorian when dolled up correctly but here, to my eye, seems more like a "folly". I think if you're even remotely considering selling this down the road people are going to be much happier with a front balcony.

Will keep the front balcony no matter what. I tried to use a very plain look on the "widow walk", making it as less Victorian as possible. It is one of the things I thought about because it is room for it on the flat roof. And an amazing lookout spot. Lowered a bit, it will look more like a roof terrace? Roof terrace sounds much better.

As for strange things sold - gosh, yes, I hear you on that....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Ribbet Edit.jpg

Per the 2 lower pictures, IMO the one on the right is definitely more aesthetically pleasing.  Both the top and bottom sections just seem to flow better.  The left looks a bit chopped up or something - can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Per the 2 lower pictures, IMO the one on the right is definitely more aesthetically pleasing.  Both the top and bottom sections just seem to flow better.  The left looks a bit chopped up or something - can't quite put my finger on it.

I think one of the troubles is the short horisontal pieces of white trim between the vertical trim and the roof edge. That one goes.

The 2 vertical white trim planks is used on the original Winchester on two sides. I thought repeating them would be smart. Maybe it is too much.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I think one of the troubles is the short horisontal pieces of white trim between the vertical trim and the roof edge. That one goes.

The 2 vertical white trim planks is used on the original Winchester on two sides. I thought repeating them would be smart. Maybe it is too much.

Yes, definitely the horizontal is causing a visual issue - kind of looks like 2 squares were just dropped there.  The blending of that in the second picture looks better.

The vertical trim is making the middle section look too skinny to me - might just be the picture.  Maybe if the lower side windows shift a tad and then the vertical trim come down from where the roof line changes -- kind of like the below ( I do not draw well with a mouse and I'm at work, so that is my only current option).

image.png.74237f00234ea42df717d913864ec889.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Some options. I think I prefer 3 or 5. The large frames is for large sunroom style windows, and is supposed to go almost to the floor.

Ribbet Edit.jpg

For what it's worth, I like 3 the best. I like the variety in windows; it's interesting but still balanced. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Some options. I think I prefer 3 or 5.

Ribbet Edit.jpg

Yes, I like 3 best of those also - though the 2 lower side windows are maybe a bit large for the area they are now within - or maybe they should be double windows - or both, double and a tad bit smaller.   Play around with it and see what you think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, I like 3 best of those also - though the 2 lower side windows are maybe a bit large for the area they are now within - or maybe they should be double windows - or both, double and a tad bit smaller.   Play around with it and see what you think.

They are just the outer frame for three windows in one. I think they will look better when installed.

window sunroom_001.jpg

• Like 4