Not getting an option for a new home

12ang19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to get a new linden home and I don not have an option to pick from them  There are just the old houses. How do I get a new home when I cant pick one?

is anyone else having this issue?

Edited by 12ang19

As you will see from posts in other threads here, the first wave of New Linden Homes has sold out already. More homes are coming on line soon, though, and different styles of homes will be released during the year.  It's a phased project as the Lindens open up the new continent.  Keep your eye on the official blog and this thread 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo Denja said:

Yes...I had no idea they were available. There should be some kind of general notice sent out or put on the homepage, so members know they are available.

There WAS on the official blog an in email too I think (not sure as I got one early). So be aware and maybe get one in the next release. 

13 hours ago, Indigo Denja said:

Yes...I had no idea they were available. There should be some kind of general notice sent out or put on the homepage, so members know they are available.

Once demand settles and they are easier to get, you can expect to see an email from Linden Lab harping on them and why you should go Premium subscription if you're not already. :) I am serious (intending this comment as a positive (it's a good thing), not a negative (sarcasm.))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There WAS on the official blog an in email too I think (not sure as I got one early). So be aware and maybe get one in the next release. 

I never got an email (and I get several - for each alt) - it's likely they started the email campaign (and you got one) then when the inventory ran out so fast they did a quick cancel on that mailing. It would be very, very bad if that email got out to the masses and then no one could get what they're selling. A big backlash would happen. I'm willing to bet a dime to a dollar that these have turned out way more popular than they expected.

33 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I never got an email (and I get several - for each alt) - it's likely they started the email campaign (and you got one) then when the inventory ran out so fast they did a quick cancel on that mailing. It would be very, very bad if that email got out to the masses and then no one could get what they're selling. A big backlash would happen. I'm willing to bet a dime to a dollar that these have turned out way more popular than they expected.

I never got an email either. I just was lucky that I happened to open Reddit for something to read while eating lunch and saw a post there, a few hours after they went live. By then the house boats were gone but I was able to snag a traditional. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Well, I did get an email but no house! There doesn't appear to have been any backlash.

17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I never got an email (and I get several - for each alt) - it's likely they started the email campaign (and you got one) then when the inventory ran out so fast they did a quick cancel on that mailing. It would be very, very bad if that email got out to the masses and then no one could get what they're selling. A big backlash would happen.

As Nr. 2 told Dr. Evil: "This too already has happened." 😁

5 hours ago, Milarien Silverspar said:

Well, I did get an email but no house! There doesn't appear to have been any backlash.

On the contrary, there has been loads of complaining in the forums. Often in threads where housing availability is not even the topic. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

People mention about an email about the homes that went fast. I can honestly say I never got an a notice or anything. Fist i heard of them was about 2 weeks ago. even though my email is set up SL never sends me anything not even about premium gifts etc only things i get are from groups. I'm kept completely in the dark unless i hunt for info and from what I can tell there are others out there like me.

11 minutes ago, darkguyver said:

People mention about an email about the homes that went fast. I can honestly say I never got an a notice or anything. Fist i heard of them was about 2 weeks ago. even though my email is set up SL never sends me anything not even about premium gifts etc only things i get are from groups. I'm kept completely in the dark unless i hunt for info and from what I can tell there are others out there like me.

Follow patches blog post and turn on noticfications to email you. Having your email attached to your account wont send you any information unless you have subscribed to it. 🙂

7 minutes ago, darkguyver said:

I don't think I ever got an email from LL specifically about the homes.  In theory, you will get an email if you "follow" a thread -- i.e. the one at the top of this sub-forum called "The New Linden Homes Update Post" - and set your Notification preferences to send you an email whenever something you follow is updated.  Patch updated that one before the second mini-release of houseboats, saying they would be released within the next 24 hours.  At that point people started avidly watching the forums and their Claim a Home page for the release.  Notice that I said "in theory you'll get an email" because some people commented that they are following the thread but did not get an email.  I don't know if maybe those folks didn't set their Notification options to email for "every" update on a thread they follow.

There was no advance notice about the first release, though many of us on the forums knew it was coming simply from watching the inworld map and reading things here on the forums.

No real clue how the next release will be announced.  Mostly, I'd say to keep at eye on that thread that I noted.

Hi house hunting gang .. just a heads up to you all .. i gave up my Linden Traditional 2 or 3 weeks ago and tried a bit of refreshing every day, maybe all together 2 hours per day, so not much ... just now i got a new house! YAY .. have to find out if i like it enough to settle .. don't give up ever! Every chicken will find a corn house at the end :)

Edited by summernightsdream
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.