Jump to content
  • 0
BlueVioletVixen Lorefield

How do I post a jira to make a new forum happen?

Question

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

All this to sell some Evo stuff...you truly are dedicated to spam the hell out of this aren't you? -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

oh yes... advertising on the forums will certainly be a bug... or worse... LL wll need 24/7/365 x5 moderation to keep the spam down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

oh yes... advertising on the forums will certainly be a bug... or worse... LL wll need 24/7/365 x5 moderation to keep the spam down

LOL, too true.  

All of the JIRAs are BUG-xxxx regardless of type (actual bug or feature request), but this one was created as a 'Feature Request'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Well, see, when you get warned for advertising, they send you the TOS, and there's a confusing paragraph in there that leads me to believe there was some type of advertising allowed at one point...? And if there wasn't, and there was never any intention to make it happen, then the way this is worded is kinda, uhm, I dunno, false, to say the least?  Because where else would we find this "for sale" forum, if it's not allowed?  It's double jeopardy.

Quote

"No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service."

 
 

 

Edited by BlueVioletVixen Lorefield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Oooops did I give the wrong link to her?  :(

...I don't know how to file a JIRA.  I asked for it to be explained to me like I was 5, LOL.  I read the link, and did the best I could.  Should it go somewhere else?  What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

...I don't know how to file a JIRA.  I asked for it to be explained to me like I was 5, LOL.  I read the link, and did the best I could.  Should it go somewhere else?  What am I doing wrong?

It looks like you did it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
32 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

Well, see, when you get warned for advertising, they send you the TOS, and there's a confusing paragraph in there that leads me to believe there was some type of advertising allowed at one point...? And if there wasn't, and there was never any intention to make it happen, then the way this is worded is kinda, uhm, I dunno, false, to say the least?  Because where else would we find this "for sale" forum, if it's not allowed?  It's double jeopardy.

Quote

"No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service."

 
 

No, other than land, we have never been allowed to advertise items or services for sale , except in the Wanted or Inworld Employment forums.  That's simply legal language that leaves open the vague possibility that at some point there might be other exceptions.  Over the years, the various forums and subforums have been repackaged many times.  Rather than writing out a list of the places where advertising is allowed, the guidelines just say that the default is "Don't advertise unless we tell you that it's OK right here." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...