Jump to content
  • 0
Birawuffy

What make life difficult, Report the seller Fraud > L$ or USD $ ?

Question

You want to report a resident who make L$ or USD $ by snapshot commission on Secondlife. Because you did pay but the seller breach of contract.

And you find out there are people just like you, had received the IM and browse the flickr gallery, after payment you want to ask when can take the photograph? Oh No! you can not! You got various excuses, his dad sick, his cat sick, his "computador" got hack and he suddenly lost the ability to speak English. Then you got blocked by the seller. Assuredly you want you L$ or USD $ back right now. On the other hand, you might definitely want to help Secondlife get rid of the recidivism in fraud.

Life is difficult, indeed. Report the seller  Fraud > L$ or USD $ ? No can do... I filed an in-world Abuse Report a lot of times but the seller's account still scamming people from random group to groups for the "business", and it been over a year. I submit a Tickets about abuse, more Tickets, that only made the team triple teaching me:

"...the only person who can assist with the product or service that you've purchased is the other party in your agreement—the seller." (Multiply/Copy by three)

You & I report the troll. The troll of scam is there! Go get him, kick him! For all good sake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
50 minutes ago, Birawuffy said:

You want to report a resident who make L$ or USD $ by snapshot commission on Secondlife. Because you did pay but the seller breach of contract.

And you find out there are people just like you, had received the IM and browse the flickr gallery, after payment you want to ask when can take the photograph? Oh No! you can not! You got various excuses, his dad sick, his cat sick, his "computador" got hack and he suddenly lost the ability to speak English. Then you got blocked by the seller. Assuredly you want you L$ or USD $ back right now. On the other hand, you might definitely want to help Secondlife get rid of the recidivism in fraud.

Life is difficult, indeed. Report the seller  Fraud > L$ or USD $ ? No can do... I filed an in-world Abuse Report a lot of times but the seller's account still scamming people from random group to groups for the "business", and it been over a year. I submit a Tickets about abuse, more Tickets, that only made the team triple teaching me:

"...the only person who can assist with the product or service that you've purchased is the other party in your agreement—the seller." (Multiply/Copy by three)

You & I report the troll. The troll of scam is there! Go get him, kick him! For all good sake.

 

Who is the "you" you want to do all this reporting and kicking?  We are all just residents like you.  If you paid for a service and didn't receive that service, then I doubt LL will do anything with an abuse report as its a resident to resident dispute.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t understand the question.

I see 2 question marks. I don't understand either. Trolls are involved though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Who is the "you" you want to do all this reporting and kicking?  We are all just residents like you.  If you paid for a service and didn't receive that service, then I doubt LL will do anything with an abuse report as its a resident to resident dispute.  

 

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t understand the question.

The "you" is "who has been cheated of L$ by the seller in this case". 

On the record, the "seller", already cheated a lot of residents. So I reported abusing as Fraud > L$ or USD $ based on the Troll to residents. There is no resident to resident thing anymore. But LL still considered this case as transaction issue between resident to resident.

So, I want to ask why so hard to make the LL team believe I was reporting the seller Fraud > L$ or USD $ ? Why not into action and ban the recidivist of troll yet?

Edited by Birawuffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Birawuffy said:

There is no resident to resident thing anymore. 

Yes, there is:

TOS, Section 6 >>>> "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Birawuffy said:

 So I reported abusing as Fraud > L$ or USD $ based on the Troll to residents.

So, I want to ask why so hard to make the LL team believe I was reporting the seller Fraud > L$ or USD $ ? Why not into action and ban the recidivist of troll yet?

buying something, but no delivery of service or item is no Fraud L$ or $ ...

SO you reported wrong, and as said multiple times... resident to resident issues are rarely getting LL support acting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Report for "Repetitive spam" instead of "fraud", and have everyone who he's contacted do this, showing screenshots of his initial messages. "Fraud" in this case is difficult to prove, but his sending of unsolicited advertising IS provable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Birawuffy said:

I am afraid you

i am affraid you and/or your post will get accused breaking the guidelines and TOS

it is NOT allowed to name people publicly, not matter what you think they do or done, the same with publishing chats..

remove those pics and chats.

( and the issue you show is a resident/resident issue.. good luck, but chance LL gets involved is nearly zero)

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If the dollar amount is worth it, there are things you can do legally. You'll need at least to talk to a lawyer by phone. You can sue LL and the other unknown party as co-defendants. Small claims courts in California (where LL is) are pretty good. You may be able to put LL in a position where they have to tell you who the other party is, or face losing in court because they're protecting the other party. But really, unless you lost a few thousand dollars US or more, it's not worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/11/2019 at 1:36 AM, animats said:

If the dollar amount is worth it, there are things you can do legally. You'll need at least to talk to a lawyer by phone. You can sue LL and the other unknown party as co-defendants. Small claims courts in California (where LL is) are pretty good. You may be able to put LL in a position where they have to tell you who the other party is, or face losing in court because they're protecting the other party. But really, unless you lost a few thousand dollars US or more, it's not worth it.

That’s if the party lives in the US, which most residents do not.

If you can’t afford to lose the money, do not spend it in SL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Ethan's right, but not, I'm afraid, in this case.

I went to Sweetflower.  It's a whole region devoted to selling breedables.  I found the stalls for the two sellers in question.  From what I can see, both are legitimate.  I was unable to find any objects owned by the OP and left behind.

Unfortunately, sellers are not required to give you a refund if there's been some sort of SL glitch.  And breedable items are, by their nature, one-of-a-kind things, so the seller can't give you another copy.  You can send a POLITE note or IM to the seller and explain the problem, but you are not very likely to get your money back.

Did you have Unavailable (Busy) mode turned on?  You should never have that turned on when buying something.  If you do, the purchase is refused, and lost forever.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
32 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

 I was unable to find any objects owned by the OP and left behind.

(because those items aren't in a vendor) with buying the eggs, the ownership changed, and had to be taken by the buyer, if the buyer forgot to do that the items might been hit by a autoreturn on the parcel/sim, the objects can be in the lost and found folder.. or because those are no copy... gone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

(because those items aren't in a vendor) with buying the eggs, the ownership changed, and had to be taken by the buyer, if the buyer forgot to do that the items might been hit by a autoreturn on the parcel/sim, the objects can be in the lost and found folder.. or because those are no copy... gone

Yes, exactly.  That's what I was looking for, objects that had changed to the OP.  But I hadn't thought about auto-return.  OP...if you are still following the thread, check your Lost and Found folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes, exactly.  That's what I was looking for, objects that had changed to the OP.  But I hadn't thought about auto-return.  OP...if you are still following the thread, check your Lost and Found folder.

It wasn't the OP who asked about the egg. Before your post around 5 hours ago that started with "Ethan's right ...", someone posted about an egg that wasn't delivered. Ethan responded. Both of those posts are now missing, so the posts following them don't make sense. Of course, it's possible (but improbable) that the forum software is refusing to show me those two posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

No, it's not you or the forum software, it was the moderators.  And I suppose I should have referred to that post as the "second OP", since she resurrected this necro thread.  Anyway, her post contained the names of the people she purchased from, which I expect got her post deleted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, it's not you or the forum software, it was the moderators.  And I suppose I should have referred to that post as the "second OP", since she resurrected this necro thread.  Anyway, her post contained the names of the people she purchased from, which I expect got her post deleted.

at most non SL forums, forum moderators simply edit the post, and sometimes it happens here too, so it is possible... the total deleting makes threads like this look absurd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...