username change coming soon: can keep last name of "Resident"?

GypsiesSoul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Thanks!    So a "few" could be 3 and $30 or even 4 and $40 :D. That wasn't the quote I was looking for. Mine was from a much LATER Town Hall meeting (November I am thinking but haven't checked) and wasn't Grumpity (in my memory anyway).  I didn't remember that earlier comment though. Most likely because I didn't care personally --- hence my "shock" at the later comment. 

The blog article is dated 3/22, which is when it was started, but it has been updated many times since.  That last bit was from the Nov Town Hall.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The blog article is dated 3/22, which is when it was started, but it has been updated many times since.  That last bit was from the Nov Town Hall.

AHHHH OK. Gacha. Thanks.   Still thinking of another comment.  (shaking head) But still similar. :D 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

I do so love how shocked some seem to be at the potential $25 price tag ...

Since some are so keen on trying to compare Second Life to games, I'll just toss out there that even Microsoft and Blizzard will charge you about the same to change your account name/tag.

So no, $25 is not unusual.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

When the last names roll out will new sign-up accounts have last names for free? Or will all new accounts still have Resident last names?

that was answered long ago... but we all know they might change their minds last minute and do something else instead...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

When the last names roll out will new sign-up accounts have last names for free? Or will all new accounts still have Resident last names?

Per all info received so far, new accounts can pick a last name IF they choose to go Premium - and even that first one will still cost them, on top of the Premium fee. So basically no different than if they signed up as a Basic account, with a last name of Resident and then chose to go Premium the next day and pay an additional fee for a last name.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Per all info received so far, new accounts can pick a last name IF they choose to go Premium - and even that first one will still cost them, on top of the Premium fee. So basically no different than if they signed up as a Basic account, with a last name of Resident and then chose to go Premium the next day and pay an additional fee for a last name.

I didn't exactly understand things that way. Can you point us to where that seemed to be true?  I was thinking that the new folks IF they opted into premium when signing up go the chance at a last name (much like in the old days  -- of course then you didn't need to be premium).   I am certainly open to your scenario (and again we won't know until things are finalized) but would love to know what I missed along the way. 

Such a curious gal :D.

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I didn't exactly understand things that way. Can you point us to where that seemed to be true?  I was thinking that the new folks IF they opted into premium when signing up go the chance at a last name (much like in the old days  -- of course then you didn't need to be premium).   I am certainly open to your scenario (and again we won't know until things are finalized) but would love to know what I missed along the way. 

Such a curious gal :D.

Click on the "Dakota Linden replied" line (instead of the "The Latest on Last Names" link) and you'll go straight to her comment.

image.thumb.png.b5267f51f61e30813a15828cb0528d94.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.