Netflix challenge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The actor who played Rooster was fired.

Danny Masterson Fired From The Ranchby Netflix in Wake of Rape Allegations

He is also one of the very few who have been allowed an on screen exit.

That was why I got so mad that they made me feel for the loss, I know it was the character, but it really felt too much, and the Dax comes in and is hell rude to the guy at the bar and I was furious. I really loved that show, but this season was just damaged imo.

1 minute ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

That was why I got so mad that they made me feel for the loss, I know it was the character, but it really felt too much, and the Dax comes in and is hell rude to the guy at the bar and I was furious. I really loved that show, but this season was just damaged imo.

I knew about his being fired (and why) before I saw the episode. As a survivor, I was glad to see him go. IMO, it improved the show. I watch it for Sam anyway. It's amazing that he is still a hunk at 74. 5660-1316172955.gif.ecef8a0513448b74e97fcc88738c76b8.gif

I've never had cable tv! I still get cable internet though. I don't really watch tv shows except for Westworld and  Game of Thrones. I only subscribe to HBO streaming when those are actually running. Oh, I do watch The Walking Dead and occasional anime on Netflix, anime on Crunchyroll and a lot of Youtube vids. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I've never had cable tv! I still get cable internet though. I don't really watch tv shows except for Westworld and  Game of Thrones. I only subscribe to HBO streaming when those are actually running. Oh, I do watch The Walking Dead and occasional anime on Netflix, anime on Crunchyroll and a lot of Youtube vids. 

I forgot about Crunchyroll! I have that too. Love SwordArt online and BoogiePop!

I forgot about Westworld too. My mind was blown when it turned out you know who was actually you know who. Great show!

Edited by janetosilio

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The actor who played Rooster was fired.

Danny Masterson Fired From The Ranchby Netflix in Wake of Rape Allegations

He is also one of the very few who have been allowed an on screen exit.

Some say it's rape allegations and some say it's sexual assault allegations.. He say's he's going to try to prove his innocence..Who knows,I guess we may find out the truth or not in the future..

Either way,I guess it left room for A Rooster to come back.. It doesn't have to be Danny Masterson..

With Colt finding clues that he faked his death,it's a good chance A Rooster will be back at some point in the future,once they find a good Rooster..

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Some say it's rape allegations and some say it's sexual assault allegations.. He say's he's going to try to prove his innocence..Who knows,I guess we may find out the truth or not in the future..

Either way,I guess it left room for A Rooster to come back.. It doesn't have to be Danny Masterson..

With Colt finding clues that he faked his death,it's a good chance A Rooster will be back at some point in the future,once they find a good Rooster..

Frankly, I didn't care for the Rooster character. The way he treated women and especially his mother just royally pisses me off. I can live without guys like that.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Sorry. Didn't mean to be a spoil sport.

I don't watch it anymore anyways..There are so many good shows out there now that if one falls off the radar there is always one to fill the gap..

Actors are becoming like many musicians nowadays..just flashes in the pan..The staying power is nothing like it used to be..So it's no biggy really hehehehe

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I knew about his being fired (and why) before I saw the episode. As a survivor, I was glad to see him go. IMO, it improved the show. I watch it for Sam anyway. It's amazing that he is still a hunk at 74. 5660-1316172955.gif.ecef8a0513448b74e97fcc88738c76b8.gif

I had missed it somehow, so watched had all the emotion then took a second hit....I only kept watching for Sam too, he owns that show. I want him and Bradley Cooper to do a prequel as brothers to their movie, even tweeted the request. 

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't watch it anymore anyways..There are so many good shows out there now that if one falls off the radar there is always one to fill the gap..

Actors are becoming like many musicians nowadays..just flashes in the pan..The staying power is nothing like it used to be..So it's no biggy really hehehehe

There are a few shows now I can't watch because of stuff like that , but you did nothing wrong mentioning it. It is a great show.

3 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

There are a few shows now I can't watch because of stuff like that , but you did nothing wrong mentioning it. It is a great show.

Yea,I hate when outside things wreck a show..

It's almost as if I smell any kind of agenda nowadays..That's about all it takes for me to stay away.. I'm quick to sniff them out too.. if it's light it's not too bad ,but if it's getting poured on,I just can't watch it.

I just have a hard time believing anyone that works so hard in unreality, can teach me much about reality..They say the greatest actors are the most out of touch with it..

It makes a lot of sense to me..So when they get political,I have a really hard time swallowing what they have to say..hehehehe

I just can't stand politics stinking up my entertainment..

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Any suggestions from you cord-cutters?

I have a Silicon Dust "HDHomeRun Extend" box in my lab, connected by coax to an old TV antenna in the attic (been there since before I was born), and by ethernet cable to my home Wi-Fi router. The box contains two tuners and an H.264 compressor that allows me to stream free over-the-air broadcasts to any two devices in my home, such as an iPhone and an AppleTV. There are apps for Android and Windows, too. This allows me to catch local news or live TV if I wish. And I very rarely wish. I got it so Mom would watch Packer games when she visited.

https://www.silicondust.com

19 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

@Tarina Sewell   US Netflix is different from other countries, so while you have Handmaids Tale, us in OZ have that on STAN another streamer, I personally subscribe to Netflix, Stan and Prime, if there were more I would most likely subscribe to them also. You will find that many creators and big time users of Second Life if they have a second monitor will have something running on the second to keep them company while working long hours etc. I will often seek out shows that I know so well that I don't have to watch watch but can listen and glance :) Netflix and so on love me. 

Now as far as shows go.... your mentions are good, binged Grace & Frankie the first night season five went live so now I have to wait another year.  The Good Place is good and they make me wait week to week so there is that :).

The Resident (amazing)

The Good Doctor (also amazing) 

Murphy Brown is back, but not sure who would stream that it is on our free to air tv 

The Alienest (incredible) 

Mind Hunter ( kind of a modern Alienest lol ) 

The Manifest (new and good kind of a Lost meets the Returned vibe)

The Punisher (season two just started) 

Sex Education (UK show not sure how much of that you get) 

Suits 

Doubt (another good lawyer show) 

Anne with an E (so unexpectidly amazing binged the second season of that too)

9 - 1 - 1 (  Emergency drama with an incredible cast) 

New Amsterdam (hospital drama) 

Designated Survivor and then Touch which is older if you can't get enough Kiefer 

Good Girls (some awesome female characters up to no good at all) 

Psych which I binged on Prime

Hawaii Five -O (prime too and surprised me that the remake was so good) 

Brooklyn Nine Nine is just funny 

Schitts Creek also very funny

Travels with my Father (funny UK style not a sitcom just an actor taking his Dad to Europe ) 

Greenleaf (seeing Oprah act again so worth it) 

Lucifer (cop drama with eyecandy) 

Kim's Convenience (funny Canadian show) 

Chef's Table (competition between world renowned chefs I watched all the episodes in one sitting I could not wait to find out who won) 

Zoo (epic except one episode still makes me have nightmares) 

The Bold Type (sort of a Devil Wears Prada concept LOVE IT)

Episodes (funny UK US Collab)

Sweet Bitter (interesting restaurant sex drugs and dropped plates kind of thing) that is a stan exclusive so no idea if on netflix but it is US

Claws (love it )

I am getting tired now lol and I kind of watch a lot of TV in any given week 

11.22.63 ( cool time travel history kind of thing ) 

Unreal (trash for fun)

Scorpion (great show based on real life swindler that Leo played with Tom Hanks)

Ray Donovan (if you do not know who he is you need to :)

Roadies (if you like music this is pretty cool)

Ripper Street (after Jack)

Younger (fun)

Elementary (too good not to watch)

Izombie (fun and if you like Veronica Mars people etc ) 

Ok I want to say that is all I watch , but the truth is it isn't lol but that should give you something to find you like :D

thank you WOW great recommendations.  I LOVE Schitts Creek !!

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Pretty sure "Handmaid's Tale" is on Hulu in the US; it's on Crave here in Canada.

I'm amazed that a current thread about Netflix mentions neither Fyre nor Bird Box. (Not a fan of the latter, but I actually enjoyed Fyre -- although the whole time it reminded me of both the Sansar project schedule and a prominent politician I like to call "Peaches".)

Oh yes, Handmaids tale IS on hulu!! my bad. Abd the bird box was amazing, but I've always had a girl crush on Sandra...( I'v seen all her films lol)  I will have to check out Fyre!!

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Netflix specific - Black Mirror.  I'm anxiously awaiting the next series, but no date on it yet.

I think most of anything else I watch has been mentioned.

oh yeah that last one was out of this world..... I began watching this and the first one I saw (ya know the pig thing..) kinda threw me off.. but I gave it another chance and I liked it very much after that..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just use Hulu now and a few other channels that we can get on our roku..

Last man standing

Fresh off the boat

The Orville

The handmaiden's tale

robot chicken

The First

Last Man On Earth

There was this really good series about these two guys that went around interviewing serial killers..It was based in like the 1960's I think..But I can't remember the name of it to save my life..

I think it might have been on netflix though..

I'd get netflix again if that show was on there and in newer seasons..That and could remember the name..hehehe

Also I used to love, The Ranch,until they got rid of Rooster in such a silly way with him just walking away from everything like a chicken..

He should have whooped that guys butt.

omg I love fresh off the boat, it is soooo funny!

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have a Silicon Dust "HDHomeRun Extend" box in my lab, connected by coax to an old TV antenna in the attic (been there since before I was born), and by ethernet cable to my home Wi-Fi router. The box contains two tuners and an H.264 compressor that allows me to stream free over-the-air broadcasts to any two devices in my home, such as an iPhone and an AppleTV. There are apps for Android and Windows, too. This allows me to catch local news or live TV if I wish. And I very rarely wish. I got it so Mom would watch Packer games when she visited.

https://www.silicondust.com

Thanks, Maddy.  I have a different Silicon Dust product, the HomeRun Prime, to serve as a non-Verizon DVR.  We tried an OTA antenna, but even living near Washington DC, we were not impressed with the stations it could pull in.  My question was mainly along the lines of, "is there any way to get broadband internet service at a price lower than what Verizon wants to gouge us for?"

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

omg I love fresh off the boat, it is soooo funny!

The mother is so awesome I think.. I remember the dine and ditch scene from early on.. Her husband had told her,Love you! and she knew something was up..Because the only time they say Love you to each other is when,something is up..hehehe

The way she doesn't mess around is so awesome I think..

I seen her in the movie Crazy Rich Asians.. She was really good in that....

anyways,here is the dine and ditch scene..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.