Netflix challenge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, as I cut the cord on cable tv I am all about the netflix and hulu apps on my TV now, so looking for suggestions for what you feel is a good show..

I currently like Frankie and Grace, The OA, The returned, The handmaids tail.... The good place.

SO tell me your favorite shows and I just might add them to my list!

• Like 1

@Tarina Sewell   US Netflix is different from other countries, so while you have Handmaids Tale, us in OZ have that on STAN another streamer, I personally subscribe to Netflix, Stan and Prime, if there were more I would most likely subscribe to them also. You will find that many creators and big time users of Second Life if they have a second monitor will have something running on the second to keep them company while working long hours etc. I will often seek out shows that I know so well that I don't have to watch watch but can listen and glance :) Netflix and so on love me. 

Now as far as shows go.... your mentions are good, binged Grace & Frankie the first night season five went live so now I have to wait another year.  The Good Place is good and they make me wait week to week so there is that :).

The Resident (amazing)

The Good Doctor (also amazing) 

Murphy Brown is back, but not sure who would stream that it is on our free to air tv 

The Alienest (incredible) 

Mind Hunter ( kind of a modern Alienest lol ) 

The Manifest (new and good kind of a Lost meets the Returned vibe)

The Punisher (season two just started) 

Sex Education (UK show not sure how much of that you get) 

Suits 

Doubt (another good lawyer show) 

Anne with an E (so unexpectidly amazing binged the second season of that too)

9 - 1 - 1 (  Emergency drama with an incredible cast) 

New Amsterdam (hospital drama) 

Designated Survivor and then Touch which is older if you can't get enough Kiefer 

Good Girls (some awesome female characters up to no good at all) 

Psych which I binged on Prime

Hawaii Five -O (prime too and surprised me that the remake was so good) 

Brooklyn Nine Nine is just funny 

Schitts Creek also very funny

Travels with my Father (funny UK style not a sitcom just an actor taking his Dad to Europe ) 

Greenleaf (seeing Oprah act again so worth it) 

Lucifer (cop drama with eyecandy) 

Kim's Convenience (funny Canadian show) 

Chef's Table (competition between world renowned chefs I watched all the episodes in one sitting I could not wait to find out who won) 

Zoo (epic except one episode still makes me have nightmares) 

The Bold Type (sort of a Devil Wears Prada concept LOVE IT)

Episodes (funny UK US Collab)

Sweet Bitter (interesting restaurant sex drugs and dropped plates kind of thing) that is a stan exclusive so no idea if on netflix but it is US

Claws (love it )

I am getting tired now lol and I kind of watch a lot of TV in any given week 

11.22.63 ( cool time travel history kind of thing ) 

Unreal (trash for fun)

Scorpion (great show based on real life swindler that Leo played with Tom Hanks)

Ray Donovan (if you do not know who he is you need to :)

Roadies (if you like music this is pretty cool)

Ripper Street (after Jack)

Younger (fun)

Elementary (too good not to watch)

Izombie (fun and if you like Veronica Mars people etc ) 

Ok I want to say that is all I watch , but the truth is it isn't lol but that should give you something to find you like :D

Edited by Sasy Scarborough

You can watch Netflix in SL, I don’t see how it’s off topic.

I cut the cord five years ago and never looked back. Cable was costing us $250 a month.

I watch most of those shows. British Bake off has me mesmerized right now. Narcos is also good.

I also have Sling, while a little pricey. It’s like all the basic cable channels. It’s great in the fall because hubby can watch football and Killing Eve and Dr. Who is on there for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linda Reddevil said:

The Kominsky Method, Making A Murderer, Cheers, Frasier, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, many documentaries on musical groups like the Eagles and the Doors, also my personal favorite is a fascinating documentary about the Roosevelt's (Teddy, Franklin & Eleanor) that I've watched 3 times so far. 

There are so many amazing documentaries, I have never been a fan in the past, but the netflix ones are amazing I have watched more in the past few years than in my whole life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

US Netflix is different from other countries, so while you have Handmaids Tale, us in OZ have that on STAN another streamer...

Pretty sure "Handmaid's Tale" is on Hulu in the US; it's on Crave here in Canada.

I'm amazed that a current thread about Netflix mentions neither Fyre nor Bird Box. (Not a fan of the latter, but I actually enjoyed Fyre -- although the whole time it reminded me of both the Sansar project schedule and a prominent politician I like to call "Peaches".)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Pretty sure "Handmaid's Tale" is on Hulu in the US; it's on Crave here in Canada.

I'm amazed that a current thread about Netflix mentions neither Fyre nor Bird Box. (Not a fan of the latter, but I actually enjoyed Fyre -- although the whole time it reminded me of both the Sansar project schedule and a prominent politician I like to call "Peaches".)

I watched the Fyre Documentary too it was enthralling what a situation. Bird Box is good but honestly with all the challenges it kind of knocked it off my train of thought but I was also myself only listing TV Shows to get more bang for your buck. I am a big fan of Sandra ever since she did 'The thing called Love" with River and Samantha and Dermot, she almost stole that movie IMO (yes I am on a first name basis with all of them 😛 ) 

I wish we had Hulu here, maybe now that they see how much we are willing to spend on telly they will come a calling

I recently watched bird box. Memes aside it is pretty interesting.

Also Disenchantment is really good. It's made by the guy behind Simpsons and Futurama. It is a medival comedy adventure. First 10 episodes are out, next 10 set to be released this year, followed by 10 next year and 10 the following year.

• Like 1

I just use Hulu now and a few other channels that we can get on our roku..

Last man standing

Fresh off the boat

The Orville

The handmaiden's tale

robot chicken

The First

Last Man On Earth

There was this really good series about these two guys that went around interviewing serial killers..It was based in like the 1960's I think..But I can't remember the name of it to save my life..

I think it might have been on netflix though..

I'd get netflix again if that show was on there and in newer seasons..That and could remember the name..hehehe

Also I used to love, The Ranch,until they got rid of Rooster in such a silly way with him just walking away from everything like a chicken..

He should have whooped that guys butt.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There was this really good series about these two guys that went around interviewing serial killers..It was based in like the 1960's I think..But I can't remember the name of it to save my life..

Mind Hunter it was on my list it is awesome isn't it :) no new seasons yet,  the rooster thing :( I was devastated and then I did some reading because it did not make sense, and then it made a lot of sense why he was gone, but I felt very angry that they started the new season (before I did reading ) in such a emotionally charged way I was sobbing my heart out a few episodes in and then was like OH HELL NO.

5 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Mind Hunter it was on my list it is awesome isn't it :) no new seasons yet,  the rooster thing :( I was devastated and then I did some reading because it did not make sense, and then it made a lot of sense why he was gone, but I felt very angry that they started the new season (before I did reading ) in such a emotionally charged way I was sobbing my heart out a few episodes in and then was like OH HELL NO.

Mind Hunter was so awesome..

The last episode was so wild..I was so scared for that guy.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

I don't have Netflix.

Uhm...does it count, if I say I currently rewatch Disneys "Gargoyles" on DVD? Childhood nostalgia hit me and I got both seasons as a christmas gift.

it definitely counts, it probably counts even more because you have to get up and insert a dvd ♥ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

British Bake off has me mesmerized right now.

I have watched a bit of that show, but I was once watching some doco on chefs or something and the guy from that show was going to Paris FOR THE FIRST TIME and I was appalled, how can you be a pastry chef in the UK and in your late 40's early 50's maybe (not sure he looks one of those ) and not have been to Paris ?????? Even I have been to Paris and it is a much longer trip from here to the UK to Dover to Paris and back again sheeesh so lazy (snickers) but seriously, it makes no sense to me, it should be like a law or something, even the school he attended should have popped over my cousin studied French in Ireland and they went on a school excursion when she was 14 what was wrong with that man - rant over because way too many feelings about this :P

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I'm a pastry chef and I haven't been to Paris. I don't feel that I need to when all I do is make basic pastry for myself :)

are you in the UK ? and you trained trained, I am just surprised it is not part of the curriculum, and the guy has a TV Show and is like a top chef, I don't know you people that live too close to other places take too much for granted ...huffs and waves at the Kangaroo jumping past her window (not really) 

39 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I have watched a bit of that show, but I was once watching some doco on chefs or something and the guy from that show was going to Paris FOR THE FIRST TIME and I was appalled, how can you be a pastry chef in the UK and in your late 40's early 50's maybe (not sure he looks one of those ) and not have been to Paris ?????? Even I have been to Paris and it is a much longer trip from here to the UK to Dover to Paris and back again sheeesh so lazy (snickers) but seriously, it makes no sense to me, it should be like a law or something, even the school he attended should have popped over my cousin studied French in Ireland and they went on a school excursion when she was 14 what was wrong with that man - rant over because way too many feelings about this :P

Love me some Paul Hollywood. He can do no wrong in my eyes.

On another streaming note. I have Amazon through my Amazon prime account and I love Man in the High Castle and Bosch too. Prime has some good shows too.

• Like 1

We hardly watch any TV at my house.  We have Verizon FIOS, and we're currently on their "twofer" package...we get internet service and TV.  (We dropped the fiberoptic landline phone part of the bundle years ago, and use our cell phones as our only phones.)

So here's my problem...I'd love to cut the cord and drop the FIOS TV service, and just use streaming TV.  But I'd pay just about the same $$ for internet-only as I do for the internet/TV bundle.

Any suggestions from you cord-cutters?

48 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Love me some Paul Hollywood. He can do no wrong in my eyes.

On another streaming note. I have Amazon through my Amazon prime account and I love Man in the High Castle and Bosch too. Prime has some good shows too.

Man in the High Castle is EPIC the opening credits is just everything. I have been letting it sit because I am a binger and did Season One too fast. I love Prime, I get so much out of all the services that it is well worth it for me, and they really have some amazing Prime exclusives, Marvelous Mrs Maisel cannot believe I forgot to mention that one also, and Jack Ryan another binged too fast. Covert Affairs I liked very much also

I am kind of teasing but was seriously shocked at the time he was promoting his trip to Paris though, I wish I was close enough to not go to places :P 

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

We hardly watch any TV at my house.  We have Verizon FIOS, and we're currently on their "twofer" package...we get internet service and TV.  (We dropped the fiberoptic landline phone part of the bundle years ago, and use our cell phones as our only phones.)

So here's my problem...I'd love to cut the cord and drop the FIOS TV service, and just use streaming TV.  But I'd pay just about the same $$ for internet-only as I do for the internet/TV bundle.

Any suggestions from you cord-cutters?

If we could get Fios, we might’ve gone that route. But we live in a prewar apartment building, beautiful but they won’t wire the building with fibreoptic. So we’re stuck between cutting the cord or paying $250+ by now for cable+internet.

So we dropped the cable and kept the internet which is $60 plus Netflix 8.99 amazon prime which equals $10 a month, sling which is $20 and when Game of Thrones comes back we’ll pick up HBO for another $20. So with hbo we’re looking at $120, without we’re looking at $100. It just makes sense for us to cut the cord. 

We only have Altice, so they have a monopoly here.

Edited by janetosilio

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Also I used to love, The Ranch,until they got rid of Rooster in such a silly way with him just walking away from everything like a chicken..

The actor who played Rooster was fired.

Danny Masterson Fired From The Ranchby Netflix in Wake of Rape Allegations

He is also one of the very few who have been allowed an on screen exit.

While the actor was one of many brought down by the #MeToo movement, this marks the first time an audience has seen a production give its disgraced entertainer a formal, on-screen exit

https://tvline.com/2018/06/15/danny-masterson-fired-the-ranch-rooster-bennett-leaving-explained-part-5/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.