48 years old profile!

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm here in a sandbox...

Camming around the place I've came across this very cute message post thing and I clicked to open the edit tabs of it to get who is the creator and if I could find it to buy it. And the creator profile was this one: 

Kddo6R7.png

HOW

Also the name is very weird, it has a series of characters like UUID and ends with Redacted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

You found the SL Easter egg..

Now, if you can figure out the code in the name,you will be,The Player Two and the other half the grid and all it's riches, will belong to you.

You have 24 hours to figure out the code in the name to gain your half and to become only the second person in history to ever hold the, Super Premium Excalibur Account of Awesomeness Member,status.

I wish you Good fortune  B|

It's been so lonely at the top all these years..

hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• Lindens

This is a lot less exciting than some of you are making it out to be. :)

This is not related to yesterday's grid problems. There are cases where, by design, an account may be deleted and a generic template is inserted in its place. It's mostly filled with all-zero values or some other defaults that make the server happy. For example, if an EU resident requested that personal information were deleted from his or her account, this would be one of the many changes made.

That said... it's sorely tempting to change the generic "Redacted" surname to "Magellan" now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Soft Linden said:

That said... it's sorely tempting to change the generic "Redacted" surname to "Magellan" now.

Surely, the most likely identity for an account "created" at the zero date of the SLuniverse would be...

The Grim De-Rezzer...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Soft Linden said:

This is not related to yesterday's grid problems. There are cases where, by design, an account may be deleted and a generic template is inserted in its place. It's mostly filled with all-zero values or some other defaults that make the server happy. For example, if an EU resident requested that personal information were deleted from his or her account, this would be one of the many changes made.

Are there any conditions that would be honored to allow users to use a "Redacted" name while their account is in active status?

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

6 hours ago, Soft Linden said:

OMG! Soft!! I'm so glad to see you're still with LL! I will never, ever forget how you helped me with the RZ mess. *huge hugs*

7 hours ago, Soft Linden said:

There are cases where, by design, an account may be deleted and a generic template is inserted in its place. It's mostly filled with all-zero values or some other defaults that make the server happy. For example, if an EU resident requested that personal information were deleted from his or her account, this would be one of the many changes made.

the example is interesting

has been a a few conversations on this forum about what might constitute personal information as relates to SL with regard to the EU requirements. Lots of the chat about whether or not UUIDs are personal information. Seems that by this example that LL, I suppose knowing the real person's name associated with the UUID, views the UUID as personal information and redacts it

3 hours ago, ellestones said:

the example is interesting

has been a a few conversations on this forum about what might constitute personal information as relates to SL with regard to the EU requirements. Lots of the chat about whether or not UUIDs are personal information. Seems that by this example that LL, I suppose knowing the real person's name associated with the UUID, views the UUID as personal information and redacts it

The UUID is not redacted in this case.

72eac99b50f5efd1f2837a5014b9f458.png.edadcd4332d28b8cf87d135af56ffb79.png

If anything, it's the Lab saying the exact dead opposite... "if you delete your avatar and use the EU's right to be forgotten we will use a placeholder name, but leave the UUID up. We don't see the UUID as personal info, so there is no need to redact it"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Callum Merriman

thinking about it more now that you said this

the UUID was assigned to a person. That person made a thing. That person gave the thing to another person. The creator person leaves SL and LL redact all their info.  The thing still needs a creator UUID. Would be quite murky if that creator UUID was assigned to another UUID. Is also possible if the now redacted person's thing was no-mod and had a script in it that checked the creator UUID for the thing to function. The thing would break and the receiving person would have a broken content

so yes from a practical pov then what you say would be correct 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.