I have a new "alt".......

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another step forward I guess. I must say that after my spell as swirling white mist last week, I was freaked out that it could all end just like that......... 

I know some of you have alts and up until that point I didn't really get it, but now I think I do. So yesterday I set up BelindaSalt.....geddit? She will stay as a system Avi. I'll get her a nice shape when I get time, but I don't want any competition hehe!

I've friended her and she's now based in my apartment. It was really odd signing her on for the first time........ So if you happen across "Salty", say hello because it's me!! ??

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

She will stay as a system Avi. I'll get her a nice shape when I get time, but I don't want any competition hehe!

Most of my alts still have the system shape, though a few of the females do have one of the various freebie mesh bodies that are around.  I'm way too busy shopping for myself to worry about outfitting them.  Their only purpose is SLife is to give me tier anyway, thus they don't really need a nice body or nicer clothes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Yesterday, I bought my alt a new AO, a pair of boots and a pair of jeans. L$2,919 total. The day before, a new hair, a new jacket, a pair of gloves with rings, ears... For about as much if not a little more. The day before... Well, the list goes on. I use her for photography though, so, she needs to look pretty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yesterday, I bought my alt a new AO, a pair of boots and a pair of jeans. L$2,919 total. The day before, a new hair, a new jacket, a pair of gloves with rings, ears... For about as much if not a little more. The day before... Well, the list goes on. I use her for photography though, so, she needs to look pretty.

You would make an ideal sugar daddy........hehe.?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, BelindaN said:

after my spell as swirling white mist last week, I was freaked out that it could all end just like that......... 

I know some of you have alts and up until that point I didn't really get it, but now I think I do.

totally nothing wrong with creating a alt, or more...

but to give a simple "bake fail" as reason and impression you might end like that isn't really valid. Bake fail is nothing damaging, nor infects your account in any way.
I hardly think many people made alts for that reason, alts are used for privacy, groups, other roles ..etc... because..... bake fail will most likely infect your alt few times soon. Everybody gets his/her share about that.

Just a tip .. don't announce alts here, now evrybody knows you have at least one, if you ever use it as privacy tool or hide away , your info will be publicly here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

totally nothing wrong with creating a alt, or more...

but to give a simple "bake fail" as reason and impression you might end like that isn't really valid. Bake fail is nothing damaging, nor infects your account in any way.
I hardly think many people made alts for that reason, alts are used for privacy, groups, other roles ..etc... because..... bake fail will most likely infect your alt few times soon. Everybody gets his/her share about that.

Just a tip .. don't announce alts here, now evrybody knows you have at least one, if you ever use it as privacy tool or hide away , your info will be publicly here.

Yeah thanks for this Ethan. As a newbie here, that first bake fail was alarming and worrying. It wasn't until later that I discovered the reason. I'm just a bit happier to have a reserve and I don't really mind who knows about it, although I appreciate the tip about being able to come in world incognito! So far I haven't needed a cloaking device. ?

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

You would make an ideal sugar daddy........hehe.?

On the contrary - I'm already spending more than I should on my alt, so there's nothing left for anyone else, or even my main! Though (and not to sound like a broken record here ... ) to be fair, there isn't all that much I could spend my Lindens on for my main. If anyone were to start making Deadwool-quality clothes in my fashion taste, however, I'd probably keep that business afloat on my own!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

On the contrary - I'm already spending more than I should on my alt, so there's nothing left for anyone else, or even my main! Though (and not to sound like a broken record here ... ) to be fair, there isn't all that much I could spend my Lindens on for my main. If anyone were to start making Deadwool-quality clothes in my fashion taste, however, I'd probably keep that business afloat on my own!

You are your own sugar daddy!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

You are your own sugar daddy!

I knew a guy who, apparently, had a relationship going with his female alt.  We may now speculate a whole lot about Orwar!

Belinda, contrary to a couple of the responders here, I don't think it is at all strange for you to publicly "out" your alt.  In fact, I think it's very considerate of you!  I absolutely hate it when people play alt head games with me.  You know, where a strange person comes up to you and says, "hi, Lindal...I bet you can't guess who I am!"  My own alt is Lynnette Weston.  I use her as the "bank" for my land rental operation, and to demonstrate the concept of alts in my Avatar Safety class.

Creating an alt to diagnose log-in or connection problems is a very intelligent idea.  There are many good reasons for having an alt, and I think most people who've been in SL more than a few months have at least one.

Those who say you should keep your alt's identity hidden do have one valid point though; if you are using an alt for privacy on the grid, or to hide from a stalker, telling anyone at all your new identity is a very bad idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I knew a guy who, apparently, had a relationship going with his female alt.  We may now speculate a whole lot about Orwar!

I swear, she's been entirely untouched!

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

if you are using an alt for privacy on the grid,

Ki and I have alts to do this.  Friends know who they are though but they are respectful enough to know if we are online using those alts its so we can wander and go dancing in peace away from business stuff.  They were both made when there were last names so we got the same last name and they are partnered.  All above board.  We both also know when we are on those alts talking business is out of bounds :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Shush.  I am busy speculating.

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

ooo is this like the Phil and Ethan sitting in a tree thing?

Sighs. You sound like my family. 

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wasted good times! 

I mean-- There's nothing wrong with enjoying oneself, but... That'd feel weird. For me, at least. Like a virtual RealDoll... Ahem, let's keep it G-rated. 

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve been wanting to log both me and my Alt in at the same time for photos. Perhaps use text viewer for one..but how to force that one into a pose, use AO? Is it possible to run two viewers at the same time on a PC?

Yeah, I run two viewers when I want both in a shot - or just if I need poses/textures/scripts from my main to use for the shoot. Usually one of the viewers running in my photo settings and the other in 'shopping & events' settings to minimize lag. To do so, with Firestorm at least, you just have to tick the 'Allow Multiple Viewers' option under Advanced in your preferences.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.