I have a new "alt".......

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve been wanting to log both me and my Alt in at the same time for photos. Perhaps use text viewer for one..but how to force that one into a pose, use AO? Is it possible to run two viewers at the same time on a PC?

I can run 2,  sometimes 3 on my lappy but  the easier way is the collar your alt, use a text viewer and you can force them to sit wherever you want

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve been wanting to log both me and my Alt in at the same time for photos. Perhaps use text viewer for one..but how to force that one into a pose, use AO? Is it possible to run two viewers at the same time on a PC?

I use AnyPose, which allows me to rez up to nine (I think) pose stands for other avatars. I can then move and pose them all, as I please. There's a setting in Advanced (I think) which allows running multiple copies of the viewer simultaneously. Performance suffers, but that's to be expected and not an issue of you're just going for static poses.

And, for those who don't know, Maddy is one of my alts.

Edited by BillThePirate
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BillThePirate said:

And, for those who don't know, Maddy is one of my alts.

And, for those who don't know, BillThePirate is one of my alts.

ETA: And I'm not happy at all with the forum's mangling my name into RootBeerDrinkinL ampshade.

Edited by RootBeerDrinkingLampshade
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, my experiences with collars are limited, thought it’d only work with RLV viewer.

To be fair, I mostly use the lumyia app on my tablet if I need to have 2 accounts logged in for a period of time.  I can't remember if I tried forcing them onto anything with a text viewer.  I probably should test that 

Don't just sit on the alt. A lot of vendors provide freebies for new avis, good only for the first couple of weeks or so after initial rez. So get out there and equip this alt properly, while you still can. Mesh body, clothes, stuff, you just have to go out and get it! Sorry I don't have any links handy. I have a list around somewhere that I used to help a friend that had just joined, but I seem to have misplaced it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

On the contrary - I'm already spending more than I should on my alt, so there's nothing left for anyone else, or even my main! Though (and not to sound like a broken record here ... ) to be fair, there isn't all that much I could spend my Lindens on for my main. If anyone were to start making Deadwool-quality clothes in my fashion taste, however, I'd probably keep that business afloat on my own!

I created a female alt in early 2017 to help with pose testing for things I put out on my region ... sometimes what a seller calls a cuddle is a bit too intimate. I also needed to check the female poses in the items as well. It didn't seem right to change one of my male alts to female, so it was new alt time. Then it didn't seem fair for my poor female alt to not have the nice stuff, so she got a mesh body, lots of clothes (and shoes, because a single pair of shoes just didn't work with the various outfits). Now she's got a mesh head as well. She's cost me way more than I've spent on myself over the past year.

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've run four copies of Firestorm before to get a picture of myself with my alts (in 2016). I figured I needed a new picture, so today I ran 5 copies of Firestorm. I did reduce the graphics some for the 4 alts but left my own settings at their normal (everything on except depth of field, draw distance 312 m). For fun, here's the 2016 picture and today's:

Par_and_his_gang.thumb.jpg.dfc87aeae8a4d833945ec31de068b0d3.jpg

Par_and_alts_20180913.thumb.jpg.e3d134f7437ea7f722602dd8c1370f3d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Part of the reason for creating my first male alt was for adjusting the pose balls on the bed. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I've run four copies of Firestorm before to get a picture of myself with my alts (in 2016).

I did this waaaaayyyy back in 2007, shortly after I created the first few alts.  Yikes, didn't we look great back then!?!?!
1919772547_MeandMeandMeandMe.thumb.jpg.9b6ffb37cdf2cba3f60ffe2c2119708e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

When does an alt stop being an alt. I was created as an alt, but I took over. Am I now the main? Or do I actually have to kill and bury my main in an unmarked sim before I can take on that mantle? Will I forever be marked as an alt? Condemned forever to live in the shadow of an avi that no longer logs. Oh the humanity!

18 minutes ago, Spin Barbosa said:

When does an alt stop being an alt. I was created as an alt, but I took over. Am I now the main? Or do I actually have to kill and bury my main in an unmarked sim before I can take on that mantle? Will I forever be marked as an alt? Condemned forever to live in the shadow of an avi that no longer logs. Oh the humanity!

Lil is not my original account, but since it is really the only account that I use for any SL activity, I now consider it to be my Main account.  The original and all other accounts that I've created are considered my alts - they don't get to do anything in SL except give me their tier and stipends.

Personally I have 4 "active" accounts.

1. This one, my main.

2. llScriptProfiler (Null), mainly because the name was available and secondly because sometimes you need a test avatar while scripting.

3 & 4. Alts I use to be online while avoiding any and all of my "regular" friends. One of these has no friends (poor thing), while the other has an entirely separate set of friends with no overlap with my other accounts. The reasons for this are dumb, weird, and complicated.

Each of these accounts have proper non-noob appearence because I make far in excess for my own needs in lindens. I also find that it's way easier to come up with a new avatar/outfit idea when you're on a different account. Maybe it's the different headspace I'm in based on the account. (I swear I don't have any disorders!)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

Well, after a couple of sessions on the sliders, it's time to introduce "Salty". I just can't resist this name for her as she's "BelindaSalt".............

She will never be the 'real me', and I've made no attempt to keep my look. She's the Noya Orchid female Avi, with a very distinctive eye colour. It took me a while to get the right hair, but I kept things simple and searched Rezology, which was one of my earliest hair brands, which I still wear sometimes.

Just now my intention is to keep her simple but look after her like a sister. Obviously temptation is only around the next corner, and I wouldn't rule out meshing her up if I can keep it reasonable cost.  This is soooo tempting just to throw everything at her, but I don't have the time and I'm still looking after myself....haha

Starting from scratch with Salty reminded me just how difficult it can be for newbies, and when I'm used to looking at the mesh Belinda, the system Avi is noticeably less well resolved.

Anyway, here she is..........*drum roll*...............?

Salty 3.jpg

Salty 4.jpg

Salty 5.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Well, after a couple of sessions on the sliders, it's time to introduce "Salty".

Ya done good, Belinda. Your few minutes on the sliders have bested my years on them with Maddy and Snugs.

I was able to relearn Wings 3D quickly enough to construct a rootbeer bottle sculpty yesterday. I few minutes in Photoshop to produce a texture and a few more minutes cutting a torus produced this...

1975375773_RootBeerStealingLocomotive_001.thumb.jpg.4eae0ffe9e606b070629a0f53ccc4738.jpg

20 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

She will never be the 'real me'

This may be as close to the real me as I'll ever get here.

Edited by RootBeerDrinkingLampshade
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.