Take your shovel and feel it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've asked for this topic to be closed as no-one knows what it's supposed to be any more - my original example vanished, presumably when the topic I 'misread' vanished, so it's just not working.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've asked for this topic to be closed as no-one knows what it's supposed to be any more - my original example vanished, presumably when the topic I 'misread' vanished, so it's just not working.

Well gee, if you don't like my posts - just say so. 🙂

As I understand it, the original intent was merely to change the post title.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well gee, if you don't like my posts - just say so. 🙂

My original posting demonstrated what I meant but it's gone, so to keep things straight I'd have to come in and explain every time.  That's not fun.  The topic's hardly used any more anyway. :/ 

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The original was more along the lines of:

When you see a thread title, do you automatically misread it as something else, and if so, what do you read -- even better if what you misread it as is funny

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 3

• Moles

The original post in this thread says "I was bored, so I played with a topic heading for fun.  Please post your even cleverer reworkings of any topic title here. ? "   That seems fairly clear, and all but a few of the recent posts have followed that theme.  I would rather not lock the thread as long as it is staying on topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The original was more along the lines of:

When you see a thread title, do you automatically misread it as something else, and if so, what do you read -- even better if what you misread it as is funny

"Open-Simming our avatars."

(Hopefully that meets @Dyna Mole's criteria! 🙂

Edited by Love Zhaoying
As with many threads, this one stood out because "Optimising" is misspelled; which makes it more like "Open-Simming".
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

The original post in this thread says "I was bored, so I played with a topic heading for fun.  Please post your even cleverer reworkings of any topic title here. ? "   That seems fairly clear, and all but a few of the recent posts have followed that theme.  I would rather not lock the thread as long as it is staying on topic.

Thank you -- I couldn't remember the exact phrasing on the original post.

8 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

I would hope it does stay on topic, but to make things clearer perhaps the title could be changed to clarify, as in "Misread Topic Titles".  I can't do this myself, so could you?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...