American people vanished or it is just me?

KittyCharming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

My pet is absent fourth day and of course I am worrying about her, but suddenly I've noticed some strange thing... all my friends from USA and Canada are constantly offline. When one person is offline, there may be million reasons, when two of them are - it may be coincidence, when three are... But what about ten people? And they all are offline at least two days.

It still may be some coincidence I know- thats why I ask here. 

I would be very grateful if somebody clarifies this point.

10 minutes ago, KittyCharming said:

Hi all,

My pet is absent fourth day and of course I am worrying about her, but suddenly I've noticed some strange thing... all my friends from USA and Canada are constantly offline. When one person is offline, there may be million reasons, when two of them are - it may be coincidence, when three are... But what about ten people? And they all are offline at least two days.

It still may be some coincidence I know- thats why I ask here. 

I would be very grateful if somebody clarifies this point.

I believe it was a holiday weekend in the US, including Monday of this week.  Maybe people have taken the opportunity to take a week's holiday.   I have not noticed any of my american friends offline though.

• Like 3

Many educational institutions also begin fall semester around this time as well. It's a busy time not only for those attending, but for anyone employed in related businesses. 

Also there's been a hurricane making a mess in the gulf coast for most of the week. 

Edited by Myrmidon Hasp
  • Like 2

You'd be hard pressed to find a busier week of the year in the US. As others have indicated schools and colleges have been heading back during the past two weeks as well as many people hit the road for a vacation the last week before school starts, and then to top it all off the tropical storm hitting the SE complicated it even further.

• Like 2

It was a Holiday weekend here (Monday was the Holiday) - many in the U.S. will make it an extra-long weekend by taking Friday and Tuesday off. I am in the U.S. West Coast (SL Time is RL time for me) - so the idea of "U.S. hours" is actually moot. I am in world between 5 and 6 AM and usually leave by 3 PM SL time - so I also miss most U.S. presence in world, which is why SL can be somewhat lonely for me. But I digress.

• Like 1

".... You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in singing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement. And that's what it is, the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, .... "  Alice's Restaurant

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's all Kitty's fault.  That popped into my head the second I saw her post.  The only way I could think of to get rid of it was to share it.  ?

Oh, you're right. I must not have been reading clearly enough. 

8 hours ago, KittyCharming said:

when two of them are - it may be coincidence, when three are...

I'll edit my post to point out the real culprit. ?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.