Grid wide experiences

PhantomPixel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been doing a little reading around and haven't seen this information BUT sometimes theres a guy who knows a dog that knows a cat thats in the know because they know a dude that knows a linden....ya know...xD.

Do we have a rough ETA on these, like will it be this year or is it just "when it gets done...."

ETA is soon ish maybe somehow hope so - or not soon ish maybe somehow hope so - or dunno

my cat which knows a cat that knows a dog that has this guy who thinks he owns the dog but doesn't, has a friend who went out once with this girl who apparently met this other girl one time at a party, who said her brother once shared a backpacker stay with 12 other people who bunked up together for the night, and said he overhead this other person lying on their bunk talking on their phone to someone unknown about Second Life Grid wide experiences, who said they dunno

so I am going with dunno until my cat tells me otherwise. My cat being way more hooked in than I am

:)

9 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Do people use experiences grid wide or not? I have no idea just know on the rare occasions one pops up I automatically decline

They haven't been released yet. At some point will be an option for premium members to be able to create grid wide experiences for people to enjoy.

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I absolutely have not heard of a grid-wide cat experience.  So far.

Number 8 on this list

47 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You didn't see the cat hiding in my sentence :D

hehe, yes, sometimes us cats can be very sneaky and very hidey. Especially as we butt wriggle before grid-wide mousy pouncing.

I would have been part of the grid wide cat experience, but Love had locked me inside a box. For a moment there I thought I was a gonner.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhantomPixel said:

I have been doing a little reading around and haven't seen this information BUT sometimes theres a guy who knows a dog that knows a cat thats in the know because they know a dude that knows a linden....ya know...xD.

Do we have a rough ETA on these, like will it be this year or is it just "when it gets done...."

Don't expect them this year. If they magically come in December, I'd be VERY surprised.

12 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Do people use experiences grid wide or not? I have no idea just know on the rare occasions one pops up I automatically decline

I own one and use it daily. I offer products that use it as well.

I have to admit I'm a dog person. Cats feel like they're just too snooty, whereas dogs love you indiscriminately :)

Also, about grid-wide experience: as I understand it, not only will we be able to create them, we are supposed to be able to "easily" share them. In my mind, I am imagining an inventory item (like a calling card) that can be passed around and hopefully not like the current search-and-find system they have now. The one and only (parcel) experience I even bother with on that system is the AVsitter experience. I'd add more if there were some kind of catalog I could peruse to know what exists. ?

14 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Don't expect them this year. If they magically come in December, I'd be VERY surprised.

I own one and use it daily. I offer products that use it as well.

I merely wondered as I think I have come across about 3 in the last 3 years

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I have to admit I'm a dog person. Cats feel like they're just too snooty, whereas dogs love you indiscriminately :)

Also, about grid-wide experience: as I understand it, not only will we be able to create them, we are supposed to be able to "easily" share them. In my mind, I am imagining an inventory item (like a calling card) that can be passed around and hopefully not like the current search-and-find system they have now. The one and only (parcel) experience I even bother with on that system is the AVsitter experience. I'd add more if there were some kind of catalog I could peruse to know what exists. ?

Its very convenient to be honest for certain products. Automatically granted teleports, sit requests, auto attach, controls, animations etc etc are all useful when auto granted by the experience permissions system instead of having to be requested every time a user attaches or uses an object. When they go grid wide, that will be a game changer for a lot of things. Il give you some examples

Fashion : Developers could release huds that are enabled to their grid wide experience. In this HUD could be various types of hats, sunglasses, jewellery etc etc. Rather than having to hunt through your inventory to find each individual item that comes with the pack you can just click on the hud and select which one you want and the item will auto attach to your body only ever having to ask you one time for permission to do so.

Weapons : You could make a grappling hook that fires out and instead of pushing the avatar round using llMoveToTarget a object could rez, sit the avatar and then move to the position required whilst also seamlessly performing the various fros and sways that a real life grappling hook would have. Similar to the fashion idea you could have a weapons HUD that switches out weapons for you and auto attaches them.

Combat Systems : Basic grid wide data storage using key pair values nullifying the need for an external database (unless ofc you feel you need one) , auto attaching attacks and weapons depending on which character class you might select, auto granted animation and control requests, teleport on death to set location, auto attach and detach armour depending on its current status, summon mounts and auto sit and take controls to ride them etc etc

Tools : Teleportations huds, auto sitters, anti griefing tools (teleport away from grief, auto sit on object when grief is detected etc)

Fun Stuff : Animated Iron Man suit that rezzes and attaches to you in the same way it does in the movie

etc etc xD can you tell im excited for it to be released

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.