virtual reality headset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having had a rift for over a year now all I can say is I find myself spending more and more of my time in it and less and less in pancake mode. If you haven't tried it I advise you to make up your own mind. VR isnt for everyone but a lot of the naysayers on forums have patently never tried it.

• Like 1

We are not growing , we are victim of these stupid technology and people. We play Second Life for Fun , but .....some user are totally disconnected from real life ..

• bipolar • anxiety • depression are normal for new generation .

• Even pedophile kind people using child avatar and doing wrong things with children in Second life

• Terrorists also playing second life here link in news     https://bit.ly/2KvAqhK

and kindly don't misguide my post if you are not understanding me. I had these things in my mind so I share ...

Love all ,

and bye it is my last day on second life from almost 8 month I didn't play Second Life Game because some user were harassment me by stealing my money and business

and when I tracked them they were Linden Lab employee. 

theherosnowfall.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, THEHERO Snowfall said:

bye it is my last day on second life from almost 8 month I didn't play Second Life Game because some user were harassment me by stealing my money and business

and when I tracked them they were Linden Lab employee. 

.... posting in the employment forum to hire people to put good reviews on your feed and MP sales gets attention sooner or later... didn't need to track where the action came from i think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Having had a rift for over a year now all I can say is I find myself spending more and more of my time in it and less and less in pancake mode. If you haven't tried it I advise you to make up your own mind. VR isnt for everyone but a lot of the naysayers on forums have patently never tried it.

I actually have some some time in VR, but really did have a hard time getting the speed of my movements such that I wasn't feeling the need to hurl my stomach contents everywhere.  

I could do roller coasters and all sort of similar tummy twisters as a kid, but found that my tolerance for such things diminished quite a bit as I aged.  That may play into me having a harder time with VR without getting ill.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually have some some time in VR, but really did have a hard time getting the speed of my movements such that I wasn't feeling the need to hurl my stomach contents everywhere.  

I could do roller coasters and all sort of similar tummy twisters as a kid, but found that my tolerance for such things diminished quite a bit as I aged.  That may play into me having a harder time with VR without getting ill.

you get your vr legs eventually. As soon as you feel sick stop otherwise your mind gets the idea put the hmd on be sick

When I started with the Playstation VR I never got motion sickness.  I was surprised when some people tried it and a few felt dizzy with certain games. I recently was watching a 360 video and the motion made me feel sick. I think most games are being vetted for good design but I can see how the feeling of vertigo can turn off users.

19 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

.... posting in the employment forum to hire people to put good reviews on your feed and MP sales gets attention sooner or later... didn't need to track where the action came from i think.

It'll be back, this isn't the first goodbye, doubt it's anywhere near the last,  haha. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, THEHERO Snowfall said:

We are not growing , we are victim of these stupid technology and people. We play Second Life for Fun , but .....some user are totally disconnected from real life ..

• bipolar • anxiety • depression are normal for new generation .

• Even pedophile kind people using child avatar and doing wrong things with children in Second life

• Terrorists also playing second life here link in news   

Nothing is good or bad in itself, it's what we make of it that determines its value.

Sure, virtual reality can be addicting, but so can anything.

I had a step-daughter who was addicted to reading, and we had to limit her reading time so she'd maintain appropriate contact with the real world. It's hard to keep balanced in life, and when people don't handle their pain they tend to develop addictions to cope.

21 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I have yet to have a VR experience that wasn't interrupted by sudden nausea.

Oh no :( Nausea is a horrid feeling.
I feel so fortunate that I don't experience nausea in VR. I know a minority of people do, and it is a significant number.
I've heard of some who are able to overcome it through increased exposure in small doses. The brain has much plasticity and can be retrained to process information in the same way the 'non-nausea' people do. Of course one must feel the training is worth it....that VR is worth it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.