Lil help regarding a Space/Skybox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, girls...  =]

Relatively new to SL... enjoying it so far.  Was curious about what my best options are for my own uncensored/adult space. Don't really want a house or anything with objects inside already. Just wanting a space where I can freely rez things, like a skybox, studio things, lights, backdrops etc. Somewhere where i can photograph my char, preferably with no skybox or nudity restrictions.

Not sure what my best options are for this. But lately I've been just going to public sandboxes and turning prims into green screens, only to have people just walk up into the scene and stand there, lol.   xD   Trollin me I guess, hehheh.

Any insight is appreciated. Basically just looking for a space to create my own studio whenever i want without any interference, and hopefully a nice amount of prims that i can put down and no skybox restrictions.

What/where do you guys set up your studios for photography, is it the best bet to have your own space for this or?...

8 minutes ago, WidowPuppy said:

Hey guys, girls...  =]

Relatively new to SL... enjoying it so far.  Was curious about what my best options are for my own uncensored/adult space. Don't really want a house or anything with objects inside already. Just wanting a space where I can freely rez things, like a skybox, studio things, lights, backdrops etc. Somewhere where i can photograph my char, preferably with no skybox or nudity restrictions.

Not sure what my best options are for this. But lately I've been just going to public sandboxes and turning prims into green screens, only to have people just walk up into the scene and stand there, lol.   xD   Trollin me I guess, hehheh.

Any insight is appreciated. Basically just looking for a space to create my own studio whenever i want without any interference, and hopefully a nice amount of prims that i can put down and no skybox restrictions.

What/where do you guys set up your studios for photography, is it the best bet to have your own space for this or?...

It really depends on your budget and how much Li you need for a skybox.  Your own parcel is the closest you will get to privacy

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

It really depends on your budget and how much Li you need for a skybox.  Your own parcel is the closest you will get to privacy

Hey Cindy.  =]

Well... The price isn't too much of a concern, as long as it's fair. And just didn't really wanna pay for stuff I don't need, like a house, or furniture, or preset backgrounds, or dance moves [lol] etc...

Just want to know my best options [i guess linden dollar wise] for a decent amount of space to set up a studio when I want to shoot some stuff.  :)     I just keep hearing about houses and apartments, which would all be a waste for me, as I'm more interested in green screening or creating my own scenes with my own backdrops and objects. 

you could rent a 512 parcel.  that would give you 175 LI  to set up a platform in the sky.  check the rental company covenant first as some say you have to build platforms or anything in the sky above a certain height.  You can shop around rental companies and find the best deal for you.

Look for rental places that offer blank space, empty parcels, or blank skyboxes(which I would recommend for your usage). Price and even LI/Prims available is going to vary greatly, though. So it depends entirely on how much of those(space and LI/prims) you are actually looking for. 

There are some rental places that offer this, if you're not premium or need more than that which comes with being premium anyway. 

I have one specific place I nearly always rent from now- or at least have for a few years anyway lol, when I need space. They have an option which is just a blank skybox without the houses they offer in their other areas. It works well for me, the price is right and I only rez things I need, plus the privacy is about as good as it gets in sl(using the options available to everyone, that is, including security)

I don't believe we're allowed to name specific rental places here in this particular forum, so I recommend doing a search for rentals and then going from there. A lot of them can be easily found even through google, so you can avoid the vast majority of rentals advertised in-world that don't offer these kinds of spaces(quite a few of them, probably most, don't, because they cater to people looking for dwellings, as you've now come to find out, lol)

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

you could rent a 512 parcel.  that would give you 175 LI  to set up a platform in the sky.  check the rental company covenant first as some say you have to build platforms or anything in the sky above a certain height.  You can shop around rental companies and find the best deal for you.

Okay Cindy, thank you. I will look into this option today, and any others that might be posted.    This is good to know, thanks again.   :)

30 minutes ago, WidowPuppy said:

But lately I've been just going to public sandboxes and turning prims into green screens, only to have people just walk up into the scene and stand there, lol.   xD   Trollin me I guess, hehheh.

If sandboxes are otherwise ok, just move your work into the air.   Firestorm can do that for you or just rez a cube, sit on it and set the z position to 2112 or whatever.

20 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Look for rental places that offer blank space, empty parcels, or blank skyboxes(which I would recommend for your usage). Price and even LI/Prims available is going to vary greatly, though. So it depends entirely on how much of those(space and LI/prims) you are actually looking for. 

There are some rental places that offer this, if you're not premium or need more than that which comes with being premium anyway. 

I have one specific place I nearly always rent from now- or at least have for a few years anyway lol, when I need space. They have an option which is just a blank skybox without the houses they offer in their other areas. It works well for me, the price is right and I only rez things I need, plus the privacy is about as good as it gets in sl(using the options available to everyone, that is, including security)

I don't believe we're allowed to name specific rental places here in this particular forum, so I recommend doing a search for rentals and then going from there. A lot of them can be easily found even through google, so you can avoid the vast majority of rentals advertised in-world that don't offer these kinds of spaces(quite a few of them, probably most, don't, because they cater to people looking for dwellings, as you've now come to find out, lol)

Hi Tari.     :]

Yes, the dwellings, lol.   I just want to make some lovely images.  :)  This sounds perfect for my needs. So... will google for some empty parcels, and blank skyboxes. Feel free to pm me the suggestion you had, if that's allowed, or you're okay with that. Otherwise, I will do some searching on my own. Much appreciate all the info guys.    Yeah, this sounds like it is what I am looking for, an empty skybox.

Did here you could have some graphical errors if forced to spawn the skybox too high, so will look out for that as well. 

Edited by WidowPuppy

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If sandboxes are otherwise ok, just move your work into the air.   Firestorm can do that for you or just rez a cube, sit on it and set the z position to 2112 or whatever.

Until I find my own place, this is what I've been doing.   Works for now. Just hopefully if i get my own place, things like lighting set ups and stuff can stay where i left them until i clear them out myself.  :)

I get rental parcels that have a little paybox prim placed somewhere in a corner of the lot. Very convenient. There are lots of places that rent empty parcels where you can create yourown skybox.  If you plan to just have a skybox you can look for parcels that look ugly on the ground that might be cheaper to rent. I would avoid parcels in the corners or boundaries of sims because they are laggy.

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

I get rental parcels that have a little paybox prim placed somewhere in a corner of the lot. Very convenient. There are lots of places that rent empty parcels where you can create yourown skybox.  If you plan to just have a skybox you can look for parcels that look ugly on the ground that might be cheaper to rent. I would avoid parcels in the corners or boundaries of sims because they are laggy.

Hey Bree.   =}

Thanks so much for all the info, will keep this all in mind while on the hunt. And def out of the corners, cause don't need more lag than SL already provides when running in a higher quality, lol.  xD

I've been renting a sky platform for quite some time now. The space is rated Moderate. The sign in the rental office boasts Privacy Mode and claims that others can't see you if they cam in, though I've never tested this out. It also says it has a private voice channel, but I've never used it.

There's a few things nestled in one corner of the lot... radio, texture changer for the platform & fence, a control for the backdrop scenery, rental box, teleporter to the main office. They're pretty unobtrusive though. You can choose from various sceneries or choose to have none at all. Or no fence.

I'm paying 570L a week for a 40x40 platform with a 350 prim allotment. They do offer a smaller lot for cheaper, but those are all rented out atm. If it' anything you might be interested in, I mention the rental company in my inworld profile under picks and then Home Sweet Home.

5 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

The sign in the rental office boasts Privacy Mode and claims that others can't see you if they cam in, though I've never tested this out.

It's a standard SL setting. If a parcel is set to not allow others to see avatars on the parcel, camming in can't see them. They might see the undulating matress, but not the avatars on it :D

6 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

I've been renting a sky platform for quite some time now. The space is rated Moderate. The sign in the rental office boasts Privacy Mode and claims that others can't see you if they cam in

this is however something you really have to check if you rent. Many skybox landlords stack their boxes, so they are on the same parcel: in that case you rent only a level of that with a prim amount. Everybody on that same parcel could cam on all others there.

Of course when you'r the only one renting the space, the privacy it perfect.

you can look at the sim I used to live in..I'm not sure what they charge anymore..But it was pretty decent price from what I remember and the land is double the prims..

the sim I was in is called Skybeam first land...They always seemed to have plenty of opening.. It's moderate rated also..

All I ever did was measure my land on the ground with prims made to be a floor..Then send them up to around 4000 meters..Then add four walls and a roof or as many floors as I wanted later..

Just a box pretty much that i could put my green screens in..or have my green screens on another floor  and maybe later set one floor to a place just to change clothes or hang out..

A box in the sky has endless possibilities..

This was my last place before I moved to where I am now..just one big old studio and green screen if I wanted. I never had anyone come by and bother me..people were pretty respectful there..

34950983793_edaa842b3e_b.jpg

hope this helps in some way..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.