Neighbor with big amount of breedables, problem?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wouldn't expect time dilation, nor to "feel" lag either sim- or viewer-side. So why am I worried? Just that Scripts Run is already at 40%. That can get down to the single digits without "rubber banding" or other typical "lag" effects -- but at that point it's miserable to operate scripts in the region, and scripts are increasingly important to how avatars experience a region. As I mentioned, visitors will give up in frustration and confusion if they try to adjust anything about their mesh avatars, and all their sophisticated Bento head animations will slow or stop, along with all other scripted attachments (collars, genitals, etc.)... and of course it's hopeless to sell anything with scripted vendors, or even give away demos by script. And regardless how efficiently scripted any furniture may be, it won't be fun to operate if those scripts only get scheduled one in ten simulation frames.

One of my parcels is on a breedable-plagued Mainland region that has no dilation whatsoever but % Scripts Run typically in the teens. It's fine to walk around, build, etc., but I've simply quit using that parcel because with scripts unusably slow, it's just no fun there anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lavalois said:

I know that I rent my place at Azure, and those have rules against breedables. No more than five breedables per plot, which is 4 plots in my region. That will keep breedable lagfest to a minimum.

it's a great rule, but pretty useless if they are allowed to fill the place up with huge textures and badly scripted vendors...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 7:07 AM, Qie Niangao said:

You can try to file an Abuse Report, something about excessive use of region resources, but relief isn't likely to be swift if it comes at all.

Good luck with that, took years of AR's from multiple people before someone moved out of a certain place (and they didn't move out because LL made them move out, they wanted more land).

My new neighbor has a bunch of gambling machines set up, but LL doesn't seem to want to make them move to a gaming region.

Edited by Hintswen Guardian

34 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

My new neighbor has a bunch of gambling machines set up, but LL doesn't seem to want to make them move to a gaming region.

In the past I found my definition of gambling and the Lab's don't quite match, even when we both look at the skilled gaming policy - I bet the Lab just considers whatever your neighbour does just isn't "gambling" in an SL-legal term.

I always assumed that the Lab never really wanted to regulate "gambling", based on what is allowed and what isn't and how that turns out in reality. It was put on them from "outside" and if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't care. So they only enforce it as much as they need to satisfy the government and don't move a finger on anything behond that bare minimum.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

In the past I found my definition of gambling and the Lab's don't quite match, even when we both look at the skilled gaming policy - I bet the Lab just considers whatever your neighbour does just isn't "gambling" in an SL-legal term.

25 slot machines

1 automated roulette table

1 automated bingo board

Sure seems like gambling to me.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Thanks for the help all :)

So far lag still near non existent, with 10 avies moving around doing stuff. I'm a bit hesitant to move, just spend 4 full days building here. But will also be disappointing if I have to move after opening up.

If I compare with my current sim location, with 50 script heavy avies on it, the lag is very noticeable when on ground floor where all the avies are, but on sky platform the lag is gone. Seeing how all the breeding horses are way up in the sky, they might not effect me noticeably?

It's not the scripts, it's the textures.  It doesn't take very many 1024 textures to lag your viewer down.  There are many places where I get 15 fps when facing north, and 40 fps when facing south!  Nothing on the ground is rendered above 1000m; this is why many people prefer skyboxes...the lag is so much less.

Well eventually it turned out well. Do feel slightly guilty but the neighbor and his 500+ horses left. Think together our 1/2 sims caused to much lag to be acceptable for them.

18 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's not the scripts, it's the textures

In this case it was not the textures but the scripts. Lag was not really a problem as in walking around and stuff. The script run time was just slow for menu's and huds. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.