SL15B Inworld Shopping Event

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ā I know this runs until July 2nd (from what I hear), but I do think this could be aĀ bitĀ better organized. It is damn-near impossible to get into some of the sims, which is understandable, but I think that there could be a couple things they could do/could have done to maybe make this a bit less of a headache. This could have been a bit more spread out, with 6 or so sims instead of 4. I also talked in-world with a lot of people who thought that there should be a system that kicks people out if they've been afk for an extended period, which makes since because there are aĀ lotĀ of people that are just camping.Ā 
Ā  Also, I totally agree that there isn't enough stuff for guys at all. Yeah, I get that SL is mostly women, but I think that the stores that offer stuff for men in this event are not even close to being representative of how many men are actually on SL. It's a bit disappointing.

14 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

... which makes since because there are aĀ lotĀ of people that are just camping.

Aha, are you sure about that? Did you camp and wait next to them to cofirm they are not just cam shopping? Or did you IM them to see if they are alive?Ā xD

Edited by Fionalein

One reason to not wait until the end -- Addams is giving away discount coupons as their gift and those coupons are only good at their main store until 11:59 PM SLT July 2nd.Ā  There are 3 coupons - not sure if the percentages are random or not, but mine are for 47%, 40% and 36% off.

SLURL to Addams location at the shopping event:Ā  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Golden/93/56/53

Ā 

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

Also, I totally agree that there isn't enough stuff for guys at all. Yeah, I get that SL is mostly women, but I think that the stores that offer stuff for men in this event are not even close to being representative of how many men are actually on SL. It's a bit disappointing.

It is important to remember that creators APPLIED for this event. If a shop didn't apply it wasn't in there. I am guessing that there were a few folks called on at the last minute to fill some of the empty booths (not a surprise as most venues have no shows even when people are paying upwards to 20,000 to be in the event -- boggles my mind but it happens).Ā Ā 

Also not all of the "big names" want to put things on sale (20% or more was expected although at least one place got by with 15% and one place had something for the regular price (maybe more places, I just found that one by accident).

There were some higher profile mens stores last year. Maybe they didn't do as well as they would have liked. Maybe the owners are taking the summer off.Ā  But you can't blame the organizers if there were only a few mens stores that applied.Ā 

And to that comment way back at the beginning of this thread about OLD mens stuff.Ā  Many of the items out were older styles. A few creators had new things. Personally, I put out ALL new things, most just back from events last or this month -- plus one best seller. And yes, I am selling a lot. IF I would have put out items that didn't sell well or were really old and that most folks had seen --- I suspect I wouldn't have sold all that much.Ā 

Each creator made choices. The only rules were DISCOUNT and GIFT (didn't have to be new gift).Ā  This isn't a secret; it was right on the application form :D.Ā 

AND as for making the event with more sims or mirrors, the "can't get in" syndrome is NOT a new thing in popular venues. AND premium folks that I know had no trouble getting in. This kind of underscores why it might be good to be premium and of course that is important to LL too.Ā  I suspect that after this weekend it will be easier to get in.Ā  Last year and last winter it was very simple to get in and a much nicer experience as the event came to an end.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One reason to not wait until the end -- Addams is giving away discount coupons as their gift and those coupons are only good at their main store until 11:59 PM SLT July 2nd.Ā  There are 3 coupons - not sure if the percentages are random or not, but mine are for 47%, 40% and 36% off.

SLURL to Addams location at the shopping event:Ā  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Golden/93/56/53

Ā 

Personally I didn't consider that a "gift" really. But still --Ā  judging by the other three events that I either took part in or blogged I am pretty sure folks can get those coupons in time.Ā  Anyone planning on using them could shop the demos first and then just buy as the month ends. (I just tried and got over to the Addams store in one try.)Ā 

Ā Last year they had a 250 credit which covered a lot of items at their store. I got some very nice cargo jeans. I recommend those!

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Just wanted to note that the sims are fairly empty now --- except for MY sim which has Blueberry and the 500 gift card (all those green dots). Oddly I got in this morning but couldn't get the gift credit to work even when standing RIGHT next to it. Hopefully I can give it another try this week.Ā 

image.thumb.png.4b861c39dff4db403e397b248fac2b5f.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

So here is a question. A friend went over to Blueberry's and has a 500 credit. But the vendors aren't like any others she has seen. There is only a PAY option and nothing about gift cards when you click on any of the vendors. I am not much of a shopper so I am no help.Ā 

Someone that has been over and had this work?Ā  I will pass on the info. Thanks.

It doesn't differ from usual vendoursĀ much, touch and select credit - tell your friend to use the right mouse button to access the item's menu (well unless your friend has a Mac - I have no idea how Macs rightclick)

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just wanted to note that the sims are fairly empty now --- except for MY sim which has Blueberry and the 500 gift card (all those green dots). Oddly I got in this morning but couldn't get the gift credit to work even when standing RIGHT next to it. Hopefully I can give it another try this week.

I got in this morning :D and claimed my Blueberry 500 credit, but it didn't offer inventory, just sent me a message saying the 500 had been added to my account. It was easy to miss that. I assume it will work.

2 minutes ago, angeoco said:

I got in this morning :D and claimed my Blueberry 500 credit, but it didn't offer inventory, just sent me a message saying the 500 had been added to my account. It was easy to miss that. I assume it will work.

Right, hop to blueberry store (or sim right next to it) and touch the blueberry credit info terminal .., if your credit is now 500Ā higher, you got it.

6 hours ago, angeoco said:

Corrrect - and you only have 5 days to use the credit - at least that is what the message told me.

Ā 

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

It doesn't differ from usual vendoursĀ much, touch and select credit - tell your friend to use the right mouse button to access the item's menu (well unless your friend has a Mac - I have no idea how Macs rightclick)

OK I had her send me a screenshot. There are NO choices, only a regular pay menu.Ā  So it doesn't LOOK like the credit will work if she buys. Hence confusion. She tried several products with the same result.Ā 

And another friend noted that you get the message the credit will disappear in five days.Ā  If someone figures this out I hope they add the info to this thread.Ā 

image.png.f5bd9a025d8c4959d0f22b1494d08a82.png

Rightclick like you would edit it then select touch (touch option string will be replaced with "menu") instead of edit, alternatively look it up with area search and select touch from there - it worked for me yesterday in the mainstore.

33 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And another friend noted that you get the message the credit will disappear in five days.Ā  If someone figures this out I hope they add the info to this thread.Ā 

Indeed it does. When I found out yesterday I roundmailedĀ my friends but could not confirm the rumour, then I rushed over panicspent 398Ā of it.Ā Just in time asĀ today the remaining 102 are gone. I fear that was no good marketing move as many folks will be unaware it expires - I wasĀ 9_9

Edited by Fionalein

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Rightclick like you would edit it then select touch (touch option string will be replaced with "menu") instead of edit, alternatively look it up with area search and select touch from there - it worked for me yesterday in the mainstore.

Indeed it does. When I found out yesterday I roundmailedĀ my friends but could not confirm the rumour, then I rushed over panicspent 398Ā of it.Ā Just in time asĀ today the remaining 102 are gone. I fear that was no good marketing move as many folks will be unaware it expires - I wasĀ 9_9

From comments from other folks it seems like EARLY in the event that 5 day message wasn't in effect. Or perhaps too much lag. My friend said that there weren't all that many people over at Blueberry the two times she went over so maybe other folks are confused to. Something seems off somehow. I don't need any more clothes for sure, so not a biggie for me. Would just like to understand what is going on LOL.Ā 

Her credit is going to expire soon (or maybe it already has by now).Ā 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK I had her send me a screenshot. There are NO choices, only a regular pay menu.Ā  So it doesn't LOOK like the credit will work if she buys. Hence confusion. She tried several products with the same result.

You need to right-click the item and select "menu", which allows you to buy using your credit. It worked for me :).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, angeoco said:

You need to right-click the item and select "menu", which allows you to buy using your credit. It worked for me :).

OK. Thanks. She did get back over and did it that way (honestly I have never seenĀ  a vendor like that and there are no signs (I went to the shop) that I could find explaining how to use the credit. Actually there is a sign that tells you about a help notecard but the sign says nothing about buying with credits. The INFO is actually in that notecard. I guess if you are a normal Blueberry customer, then you know how it works.Ā 

My friend's credit apparently expired in the night as she still had it when she was trying to buy but now it says she has 0. But at least other folks will know if they read this thread. Thanks.Ā 

Somehow this isn't making me want to shop at Blueberry LOL. Just saying.Ā 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

My friend's credit apparently expired in the night as she still had it when she was trying to buy but now it says she has 0. But at least other folks will know if they read this thread. Thanks.Ā 

:(

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Somehow this isn't making me want to shop at Blueberry LOL. Just saying.Ā 

Neither here, I would have eventually topped up on the remaining credit to buy something... but now that it is gone *shrugs*

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Vision's gift was an L$200 gift card, but I don't remember if it had an expiration or not:Ā Ā https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gilded/101/226/53

The Addams discount coupons expire end of day on July 2nd:Ā http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Golden/93/56/53

My Vision card is for 250 but I didn't see any expiration either. That doesn't mean it isn't there LOL.Ā  So best to shop quickly I suspect.Ā  Addams WAS easy to shop in as I remember. That's a plus.Ā  I probably won't use any gift cards anyway, just picked up all the gifts for for blogging the event.Ā Ā 

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

My Vision card is for 250 but I didn't see any expiration either. T

Well, you were a privileged oneĀ  :P -Ā or maybe it changed after youĀ were there early.Ā  I remember mine was L$200 because I picked up 2 items that were on sale for $100 each.Ā  Even the FabFree post mentions that it is a L$200 card.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, you were a privileged oneĀ  :P -Ā or maybe it changed after youĀ were there early.Ā  I remember mine was L$200 because I picked up 2 items that were on sale for $100 each.Ā  Even the FabFree post mentions that it is a L$200 card.

MayĀ Must have changed before the event opened *wink*.Ā  Ā Mine is indeed 250 :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 6:29 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Actually there were many more stores than that; nine that I can remember with some "girls" shops giving away unisex items that would also work for guys. Some stores had both men's and womens things and there were plenty of shops that didn't carry avatar items but Home and Garden and the like.Ā  I agree it would have been nicer to have more for the guy, but they simply have a lot less stores making things for them.Ā  Ten percent with male wearables is a good proportion if you look at most of the events nowadays. Many popular venues don't have any male wearables at all.

You of course have a right not to like it though :D.

Ā 

I was going to skip it unless they had home & garden? I don't want avatar stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.